main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion You Know You're a Fan Fiction Writer When...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dev_Binks, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    ....when you try to come up with all the different versions of a character you’ve written...and there are at least six... :ezra:
    ...and you have ideas for more....

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    ....when you CANNOT wait to find out how mushy your next fic is gonna be [face_laugh] [face_dancing] [face_gooey puddle] [face_mischief]

3. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    ...you put off posting more chapters until you've written the next three...or more. :p
    ...you are stuck at a community function without a way to write, come up with an idea for half a chapter, and wind up repeating several sentences in your head so you won't forget them. [face_nail_biting]That was me in church today. :eek: Wound up missing half the sermon. :oops:
    ...then you let someone else drive home so you can expel said sentences into your tablet.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    When you're out shopping for a new fanfic notebook, and you see this and know it's The One:

[​IMG]

5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    WOW. That's beautiful!

teamhansolo and Findswoman like this.
  6. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    [face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl] You have no idea how many times I've done this!!!!!!!!

...when you shop for fanfiction notebooks in the first place....

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  7. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    ^And it has to be a certain kind of notebook, with certain paper. :b

8. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    When you have tons of different notebooks, and can never remember which story is in which, so just bring all three with you.

9. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Of course. You ever see the French notebooks with the lines up and down and across and like little lines in the middle? I'm really into those right now...

See? That fact that we're discussing this proves we're all fanfiction writers.

10. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    ...when you wonder why your Jedi and Sith have not had therapy - they have all had traumatic childhoods and violent adult lives.

Ewok Poet, ThisIsMe1138 and pronker like this.
  11. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    When you wish title editing was fixed because you want to change yours (again).

12. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    When you are reading this thread and your heart is going "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH [face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love]!" (and you don't even know who it's for...[face_whistling])

Ewok Poet likes this.
  13. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    ...When you've been on vacation and you lament the fact that you barely had enough time to post this message.

14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    This—pretty much how I feel every single time I take a vacation during which I think I'm going to have time to do some writing! :p

15. Kyber Acyk

Nov 30, 2017
    ...when your muse tells you to write nothing but Star Wars fan fiction for your Creative Writing course this semester at university... -_- *sigh*

16. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    OMG, those poor cats, I can just hear their little minds going "wtf? wtf? WTF?? Aaaaah!"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gizkaspice and Findswoman like this.
  17. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    ...when you went to Paris, of all places, and as amazing as it was, you just couldn't wait to get back to the hotel and write... when that's all you did on the 2-hour train ride

...when you post in this thread so much you are starting to worry that everyone here hates you....

18. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    The muse shows wisdom. A long time ago, I would have said "fanfiction regarding a popular culture phenomenon as college material?" but then I learned of theses written on the Andy Griffith classic TV show, and a college course in it. So go for it! It couldn't hurt to ask for the instructor's input.:)

Raissa Baiard and Findswoman like this.
  19. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    … when, while sitting in a train, reading the Wraith Squadron books on your tablet (Kindle App) you hear another passenger say something and you bring out your notebook to write it down thinking "That's something I can see Kell Tainer saying." [face_mischief]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  20. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    ...when you see Ant-Man and the Wasp and suddenly Hope Van Dyne has your interest.

21. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Brodiew? Answer that pm, please. Team name ideas, colors. ;)

...when you do story theory while copying charts for hours. (Slow copier.)

ThisIsMe1138 and brodiew like this.
  22. Kyber Acyk

Nov 30, 2017
    I will try - I wrote an informal essay on Star Wars and fan fiction for one of my assignments and got 73.75% (which is a "B" grade) :)

pronker and Ewok Poet like this.
  23. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    YKYAFFWW you just go through this thread and leave 3408509658 likes. BECAUSE.SO.RELATABLE.

Welcome to my life - both on here and everywhere other than in bed, with my dog by my side.

teamhansolo and ThisIsMe1138 like this.
  24. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I just look on it, that you are playing catch-up.

pronker likes this.
  25. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    YKYAAFFW when you fall asleep every night imagining another situation to put all the characters in.