main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Shazam! is looking good. That photo definitely gives off Tom Hank's Big vibes.

And the costume looks great! I don't know what the haters are talking about.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ... there are haters for that costume? How?

Also, in other MoS2 news...

https://www.squaremile.com/features/interview/henry-cavill-mission-impossible/

[​IMG]

FFS, people... just say "we totally didn't understand Superman and are still trying to do damage control* over it..."

* == no, not that Damage Control... that's Marvel's...

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    you're like the laura ingraham of this board. no, tucker carlson. better yet, sean hannity.

also

get out

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The Shazam costume is great, down to the exaggerated muscles. It’s exactly as it should be.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Typical internet fandom reactions that mostly hate on the bright red coloring and the padded muscles in the suit, claiming it looks too dorky and whatnot.

For the most part, this is consistent with the statements David Goyer and Zack Snyder said in a 2013 Entertainment Weekly article:

Pretty much. Zack Snyder's wife, Deborah, said in an interview stating why they were reluctant to make a Superman movie, "“It was the goody-two-shoes-ness of it all. [Superman] has this squeaky image. And you couldn’t relate to his super side either. So there was nothing to grab onto.” They wanted to deconstruct and redefine Superman. Goyer stated in the EW article linked above, the decision to have Superman kill as a modernizing tactic, “If you don’t reinvent these characters…then they become stagnant, and they cease being relevant…hopefully, we’ve redefined Superman.”

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It also comes on the heels of Batman's no killing policy which was given an origin in "Batman Begins", where Bruce was going to kill Joe Chill until he's stopped by Rachel and then she lectures him, which causes him to decide to not kill going forward. And Mark Waid himself came up with the soul vision power in "Birthright", as a justification for Clark being a vegetarian, but also not killing.

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Problem is, Synder really didn't give much of an opportunity to demonstrate Superman's rule of not killing.

I mean, after Man of Steel we see this.
    [​IMG]

Superman traveling as fast as a speeding bullet into a guy and pushes the dude through two stone walls to boot.

9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, I'm still a DC skeptic even after Wonder Woman, but I think the Shazam picture looks perfect. The costume is great and I even love his hair in that picture. He really looks like a living cartoon character or maybe an action figure. And that's right on. I have some hope for Shazam.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, the DCFU is under new management now, since everyone that was in charge of the Snyder-verse is gone, so there's hope (Superman pun intended).

Speculation is that the Shazam! teaser trailer should drop next Saturday during SDCC, and the Hall H audience my be treated to exclusive footage of Wonder Woman 1984. There might be other announcements, as many are expecting the cast of Birds of Prey to be announced since they reportedly going into production in January. Additionally, Joaquin Phoenix may make an appearance with his Joker flick. Geoff Johns noted that his production company is working on the Green Lantern film, so that could be announced again. I've been following the autograph lottery for SDCC, and there are a few cast signings of DC films that have yet to be announced.

Diggy likes this.
  11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    What SSP says. And in Begins he lets Liam Neeson die when he doesn’t have to. He didn’t kill him, but’s hes okay with letting him die.

Superman should be above that.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and appleseed like this.
  12. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    The cinematographer said it would when the photo first came out but later pulled the instagram post where he confirmed it. But it probably will.

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, with Marvel Studio not attending this year's SDCC, it would a perfect time to seize the headlines and drop a Shazam! teaser. I'm pretty sure the cast will be there, well at least Zackary Levi as he's always at SDCC doing one thing or another. I read some reports that confirm Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam won't make an appearance in Shazam! Also read that Djimon Hounsou has been cast as the Wizard.

Jedi Merkurian and Diggy like this.
  14. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    That's one way to look at it. Another is that with so many of the big names not having much of a presence at SDCC this year (Marvel only showing TV/streaming content, Fox supposedly only showing Predator stuff, no GoT) WB doesn't have to go all out to grab the headlines and come out of it being the talk of the con. That would let them drop a trailer later on when it will get a lot of attention all to itself instead of fighting with WB's own content for it's own buzz. Of the three movies they have coming up, it's probably the one that could be most easily overshadowed.

And there's another Aquaman shot from EW, The Fisherman King (Djimon Hounsou's character). That's ... some intense CGI.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  15. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
  16. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
  17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    You assume it killed him.

Superman has killed in the past in the comics, so don't complain that he should be above something when he's clearly shown to be doing it in the source material.

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Sure, ignore the thread of the conversation.

As for the gif, if you think that wouldn’t kill someone, you’re nucking futs.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  20. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Black Manta costume reveal :p
    [face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl]

@JoinTheSchwarz you must be psychic in using that gif

22. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Some toy images got out a couple of weeks ago that probably revealed it for reals:

[​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
  24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That looks incredibly colorful... is it a Marvel movie? :p

No, for reals though -- that looks really good. I'm a Levi fan to begin with, so I was pretty much already there, but this is great...

Sith_Sensei__Prime and PCCViking like this.
  25. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Not gonna create a thread for this but instead just post it to the two major CB threads here but if you've ever seen Collider Heroes then you should know who Jon Schnepp is. He's the show's host and a major fan of both of the main banners of the comic book world. He had taken ill a few days ago and is currently unconscious in a hospital in LA and in critical condition. Just wanted to let others know that one of the people who shares and tries to spread the love for guys and girls in capes and colorful tights is in a bad way. Here's to hoping he pulls through.