main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    @mavjade and @Jedi_Lover

I legitimately gasped and covered my mouth during the mid credit scene. I laughed during the truth serum scenes, Luis is the best, I loved the San Francisco because Hubby and I visited there two years ago with his Mom so we recognized several locations and were like 'I've been there'. We even called out to the rest of the theater when they got up to leave after the movie to wait for the mid and post credit scenes; the post credit scene really lifted my spirits after the mid credit scene

Mav edit: added what the spoiler was for... just in case.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2018
    mavjade likes this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Somebody PM me information on the Antman and Wasp post credit scene. I had a large soda and I couldn't make it to the end.

ThisIsMe1138 likes this.
  3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I sent you a PM, J_L.

My friend from Boston is coming down this weekend and we're seeing one of my favorite actors (Matt Bomer) in the play Boys in the Band. We're also going to do a huge marathon museum visit because there is an exhibit at the main Met she wants to see, one at The Met Brauer I want to see, and one at the Met Cloisters we both want to see. The one I want to see at the Brauer are nudes by Klimt, Schiele, and Picasso. Mostly, I'm just insanely curious to see how Picasso does nudes. Klimt too, but mostly Picasso.

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm just having one of those weeks where nothing is going right. Sunday morning, at about 4AM, I began vomiting and just ended up not being able to keep anything down. Yesterday wasn't too bad, I still wasn't feeling great but my housemate and I had one of our friends over. It was nice to see her since we've both been traveling, and hang out with them both. But she wanted to do meal prep for the week (which was great because I got some freezer meals out of it), which we had to do in the upstairs kitchen (because it is much bigger than mine) AND IT WAS SO FREAKING HOT UP THERE. I ended up nearly passing out on the couch because I was sick and not used to that kind of heat (I then retreated back to my hole on the ground floor).

THEN TODAY, I was feeling much better (after sleeping for 12 hours), and I did promise my brother we'd go to Ant Man and the Wasp (which I loved! Very enjoyable). But I went to pick him up and I let him drive my car (because I hate driving) and he BREAKS MY CAR SEAT. Thankfully it broke in the position that I need it in, but no one can adjust it and I'm quite a bit taller than the other people that normally drive my car. So I have to get that fixed and I really don't want to know how much it is going to cost. Is it bad that I'm considering not getting it fixed? There's a wheelchair attachment I was considering buying and I really want it.

ThisIsMe1138 and Lady_Misty like this.
  5. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    @Briannakin I hope you get well soon! (and not fixing the seat wouldn't be insane at all. :))

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. :D

Our dear neighbours and fellow Slavs are IN THE WORLD CUP FINALS!

Nothing else matters today, OK?

[face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

EDIT: In case it's not clear, it's Croatia and it's football, aka soccer for you from 'Murica. :)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Is that basketball or golf?

Just kidding...I know it's soccer.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Also, a challenge: find EP in this picture.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    teamhansolo likes this.
  9. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Bri- I'm glad you are feeling better, but ugh on the car seat! I feel like that car has bad luck! :p

EP- I got up this afternoon and walked into the living room right as Croatia scored in the extra time. It looked like it was a great game and I was happy to see them win. I'd watched one of their previous games and they were fun to watch, though I know very little about the sport. (I know the basics, just not the details.)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  10. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Funny story for those that might need a smile.

During the Fourth of July my SIL Dany was watching the nearly two year old son of a friend while his mother had emergency surgery Her daughter Chibi has been asking for some time for a baby brother or sister got really jealous of little Davy and may or may not have changed her mind about wanting a younger sibling.

11. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Rebel Mom (Cheryl) passed away on July 16, 2010. This year for some reason I very much wanted to spend a day celebrating her life, I figure the best way to do this is to read her fanfics. It's been 8 years since we lost Cheryl and to this day I have not met anyone that I have been able to develop the friendship like what Cheryl and I had. I miss her every day.

12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Catching up like there's no tomorrow, because I have an *event* to go to on Thursday, so one can expect me to bake, cycle, write, babble like crazy and clean my room - neurotics rule the world, but you don't know it yet...EEEK, A HORNET!

They are incredible. I was out of the loop for a while and I was surprised. Same about Belgium, but Belgium never got as far as Croatia did before (Croatia won bronze in 1998).

And now it's two things for tomorrow - our Novak Đoković in the finals of Wimbledon AND Croatia vs. France. I guess I'll stream one on the laptop in living room and watch the other on TV. It's good to be cross-eyed. :D

Findswoman , ThisIsMe1138 and Gamiel like this.
  13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Also, since somebody already liked the above post and I don't want to put them in a position to have them like something I added later - the first half of the wonderful show is online. You can skip to about 6:50 to avoid the intro and the old creep whom my dog barks at and who dates jailbait. If you spot a photographer in green at the edge of the stage, having fun - it's EP, y0.

What the heck, @Gamiel MIGHT like this. <3

EDIT: The thumbnail is of one of the guests. They should've used one of the whole stage or of the singer-songwriter that this was a tribute to.

Gamiel and Findswoman like this.
  14. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I finally figured out how to disable the Num Lock key on my keyboard. Now I never have to wonder why I'm moving my cursor instead of typing numbers ever again.

teamhansolo and CaraJinn like this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Congrats to France for having won. You had some luck with the autogoal and the mishap that caused the penalty kick, but you had a great run and, unlike in 1998, you deserved this.

Congrats to Croatia for having fought the way they did, until the very end. Supported you all the way, dear friends! :)

P.S. I still think that Slavs are being subtly discriminated, regularly. That opinion won't change.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  16. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Hi guys! I will not lie and I will tell you that every single social thread I have ever looked at has left me dizzy, reeling and confused... but nevertheless, I would like to join this conversation...? (I almost wrote converstation as a typo. Now, wouldn't that be interesting, a station just to converse? Each station could be like a different topic and the train kind of like idea space... sorry. That was weird. 8-})

Anyways, I am now part of the tribe :c3po:

P.S. Yep, @Ewok Poet , great game for Croatia. I am like half French so I was rooting for them, but great fight on both sides :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  17. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    @ThisIsMe1138 - We can be a confusing bunch, but welcome to the social thread! Feel free to jump right in, we usually end up talking about cats or food eventually!

Speaking of writing or saying the wrong word, my coworker last night was trying to say the patient's electrolytes were messed up, but he kept saying electrical instead of electrolytes. He knew it wasn't right but just couldn't get the right word to come to mind. This is what happens sometimes when you work night shift. :p

18. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Hello and Welcome @ThisIsMe1138

I fear I might have just screwed up at work. I was at the late shift and had to take care of cleaning and refilling the salad bar, which is usually done by two people, but due to some mishaps my coworker was too busy to help me so I had to do it all on my own. That took me considerably longer and my coworker wasn't happy that I could help her later with the clean up of our section. So I became nervous and started to work quicker but still was to slow to be of much help to her. And now I'm worried what will happen tomorrow when she speaks to our superior and I fear she will accuse me of being useless and too slow. Also I fear I might have made a few mistakes in my nervousnes and my rush to get finished in time. I really hope I don't get into trouble because of this.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    Ewok Poet and ThisIsMe1138 like this.
  19. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Okay. I'm in for cats or food. I literally just learned what electrolytes were like 5 weeks ago, so at least he's ahead of me 8-} and don't worry, @Anedon :)

Ewok Poet, gizkaspice and Anedon like this.
  20. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Ist es echt so schlimm, @Anedon?

I mean you said yourself that you had to do a job that usually 2 people do on your own. Isn´t it logical that you would be slower?
    Besides, you are still a learner, right?

Hat die Geschäftsführung da ECHT kein Verständnis?

Are your co-workers really that mean & nasty?

Anedon likes this.
  21. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Thanks @ThisIsMe1138

I don´t know @AzureAngel2 Maybe I´m overreacting, my coworker was already in a pretty bad mood when I arrived so maybe she just wented that at me I don´t know. Maybe I´m truly too slow with this, we have a regular for this job, who is on vacation this week, who is apparently faster than I am. The problem is that my superior wants that I do the job with mistakes while my coworker wants me to do it fast and that just makes me nervous so I probably failed at both.

22. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    @Anedon That coworker sounds like she's creating a bad environment for you to work in. She probably has some issues going on and this is not your fault. You're doing the best you can!

Anedon, ThisIsMe1138 and Lady_Misty like this.
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    It's to warm up here. I have problem sleeping.

24. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    He's a health care worker, so he should know what they are! (And he does, it was just the right word wouldn't come out.)

@Anedon - I wouldn't worry about it too much. You were doing two people's job and it took you longer, that's understandable. Also, sometimes coworkers are annoyed about things, but then never say anything to anyone. I know that happens to me a lot. I'm really frustrated with the people who worked the previous shift and the things they left. I've griped about it, but that's as far as it will go because we all forget things/are slower/have bad days sometimes.

ThisIsMe1138 and Anedon like this.
  25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Also, some people are just jerks and enjoy drama. I have one drama queen coworker that will not ask for help although people would be more than willing to help her if asked. Instead she will do the work and then complain that nobody helped her. You will eventually understand the quirks of your coworkers and adjust for their toxic behavior. For example, if I am on the schedule to act as back-up for Drama Queen (because she has a larger workload than me) I won't wait for her to call me to help (because she probably won't). Before the shift I will ask her to assign me some of her work. If she gives it to me, I will do it and keep her quiet. If she says she doesn't need help then she can't justify complaining about me later on. You have to understand that some people just like complaining. They want to be the martyr. They live for the attention. If they complain about you they feel better about themselves. A truly competent and good person wouldn't be complaining about your performance all the time, they would mentor you and help you learn.

I don't know what to tell you to help you out of this situation with dysfunctional coworkers other than you will eventually learn your job better, work faster and start to figure out your coworker's triggers and how to coexist with them. It will take time. Don't get down on yourself. You will get there.