main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Disney/Pixar Movies Thread (for anything non-Marvel/SW)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i thought it was really good, obviously not as 'original' as the first. the music is SO Good.
    i've heard there is talk of doing another, but they better not wait that long or they are going to have to change even more of the voice actors.

3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    LOL-wow boy!!![face_laugh] Yeah!

Anyway, apparently Rob Marshall has possibly secretly been tapped as the director since December but nothing official. Possibly wishful thinking. Also, it appears as though there are rumors going around the internet that Zendaya, YES Zendaya is on the list for possible Ariels, along with Keke Palmer. Goes beyond the normal speculation that they are toying with the idea of making Ariel a POC. Not sure how I feel about that as the pasty redhead has always been synonymous with Ariel. Not trying to be racist or anything but it is sometimes a good idea to stick with the original design.

I wonder if they are not allowed to make any announcements about a LM film until the ridiculous Netflix/AMC hokey version comes out in August.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I believe after Toy Story 4 Pixar has two or three original movies in the pipeline. Although considering how much cake Incredibles made I can't see them taking 14 years in between sequels this time. And cut down on the strobe lights this time!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  5. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Supposedly they're stopping sequels altogether (famous last words of course). Kudos if true, but the idea of an I3 probably makes Disney execs drool now.

That said, in 2016, we pretty much knew what was coming our way from the Mouse as far as 2019. All films being worked on for 2019 were announced as far back as 2014 or at least 2015. By 2016 most release dates were established and by 2017 they were set in stone. One would think that releases post-2019 would have been officially announced. Hard to believe that the only non-SW-Indy/non-Marvel films announced after 2019 is, well, Mulan. That's it! No other live actions (just rumors of what they WANT to do), no official Pixars and no animations (except the rumored Dumpster Diving Unicord Dad film and the alleged Dragon Kingdom which sounds like Mulan meets How to Train Your Dragon).

I guess we're looking at the results of the animation restructuring. I expect there will be announcements by the end of the year Almost has to be. Both Moana and Inside Out were announced in 2013. Coco began production in 2015. 2020 releases would need to begin production this year.

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
  7. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    This is why I still say that NOTHING has been confirmed or even close to until we hear straight from Disney. You can find crap about anything on the internet. Enough of that stuff and suddenly a "Pixar Battle Royale" will become "substantiated rumors". Even dumpster diving unicorns is only a vague rumor on the level of the PSU (pixar shared universe) mythological as unicorns themselves.

Lasseter leaving at the end of the year and Peter Docter taking over by year's end. Jennifer Lee taking over as Disney Animation chief as well but currently working on Frozen 2. So....who's in charge of these divisions right now????

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Me. I'm running Pixar AMA

BigAl6ft6 and Diggy like this.
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I've reading online that a good amount of people take things too "literally" and don't understand symbolism, as such is the case with the short titled "Bao" that played in front of Incredibles 2.
    [​IMG]

Pixar's short film 'Bao' is a sweet story almost anyone can relate to — and the confusion around it is baffling.

https://twitter.com/ScottMendelson/status/1012008089086668800

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I get the short emotionally, it's just weird and maybe a bit too much to connect. (especially when the mom straight up eats the alive/"son"/dumpling) Me and my cousin were cracking wise that the mom shouldn't have made dumplings laced with acid.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  11. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Having watched the 2017 Beauty and the Beast again yesterday, I have this question and theory:

Why did the Enchantress hang around the village as Agathe? I wonder if she knew that both Belle and the Beast's mothers died (presumably both of the plague, which we knew Bella's mother had), and observed how their fathers raised/treated them. I couldn't help but wonder if she was the cause of the lightning that forced Maurice in the direction of the castle, maybe trying to manipulate events in favor of Belle and the Beast? That would explain why she was present at the battle and was willing to undo the curse upon hearing Belle's confession of her love for the Beast, even though the last petal had fallen (in the animated movie, her confession came before the last petal had dropped).

12. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Maybe a few years down the road Disney will roll out a new live action film focusing on the events from the Enchantress' perspective (similar to Maleficent; of which the sequel is due to come out in a few years). Disney's been pretty good at throwing continuity out the window ON THEIR OWN MOVIES.

PCCViking likes this.
  14. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I don't consider the live action remakes part of the same continuity as the animated versions. :)

Now, the change in continuity for a certain franchise they have, now that's more concerning, but that's for another thread. :p

15. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    My bad this is non Marvel Star Wars thread my bad.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Come to think of it, Disney will be releasing a live action movie about Cruella de Vil, right?

17. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Yep. Apparently, Emma Stone is attached to the project.

I do like some of the changes they've made in their live action remakes. For example, Lefou isn't simply a punching bag for Gaston, and that he develops a conscience and turns against him.

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No updates for a couple of years, but it was going to be a prequel.

19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    So, Disney released a teaser for their upcoming Jungle Cruise flick featuring Emily Blunt and Dwayne Johnson. I wasn't sure about the chemistry between the two stars, but after watching the teaser video there seems to be a good amount between the two, which actually made me look forward to seeing this movie. And Johnson's costume did help me with distinguishing this character from his Jumanji character. Plus, Emily Blunt made me become a fan of hers with her roles in Looper, Edge of Tomorrow, Sicario and A Quiet Place. She makes for a great action star, and I could see why Marvel Studios was pursuing her for Black Widow, Peggy Carter and rumored for Captain Marvel. I hope she does end up playing a character in the MCU, particularly the fancast role of Sue Storm.

Anyway, here's the Jungle Cruise production announcement.

In other news, The Incredibles 2 just crossed into the billion dollar mark at the worldwide box office, making it the third Disney property this year to cross that mark.

Diggy and PCCViking like this.
  21. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I'm hoping they include one thing from the ride: the puns. :p

Thumper09 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    See the Disney princesses’ new outfits in Ralph Breaks the Internet
    [​IMG]

Diggy likes this.
  23. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
  24. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I like Snow White and Elsa's shirts.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I can't get over how out of place Mulan, of all the characters, looks in that getup. I guess it makes sense that she's got that tomboyish modern look going.