main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *Official* Duchess Satine Kryze in The Clone Wars Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ZEM, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    With permission from Garth Maul, I present the official Duchess Satine thread! :)

2. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    So far she seems like a cool character. Her design and her voice is great. =D= If they make a good Satine icon, I just may change from Shaak Ti. I think Satine is that cool.

Let's just hope she doesn't get killed off soon..

3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    She's got mad potential, depending on where this insurrection story is going.

Hate to say it, Xcell, but her dying would be a great story arc for Obi-Wan. Not only would it be great for his character, but it would add layers to his perspective in ROTS. His morality is strengthened if he knows exactly what Anakin's been through, and didn't end up slaughtering dozens of men, women and children.

4. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm kind of ashamed to post this but...

www.duchessofkalevala.webs.com

What can I say? I really like her. And I have to agree that if Dave and co. have the guts to kill her off-It will further Obi-Wan's character. However, I fear more than she will be a 3 episode and done type character, and won't ever return. She has a lot of potential to just be another model for them to now use in the background of some shots. I hope we see her expanded

5. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    In my opinon, I don't find her that great of a character. We have seen peace-keeping characters who don't want to join the war before. (which isn't a bad thing). I just think that they could have done a lot more with her and made her have a original personality. But Its still not fair to judge yet because there are 2 more episodes left centered around her to flesh out her character a little.

6. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    I'm in.

7. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I'm interested in seeing what her earlier relationship with Obi-Wan was like. She seems like a cool character -I really like her design and her voice.

8. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Wow! Only one and a half seasons in and we already want to get right down to the bleak, gritty stuff.[face_plain] While I agree a death would ground Obi-Wan's character fantasticaly I don't think the end of this trilogy would really be the best time to do it. I say leave it for the really dark, screwball of a season we know we are going to get at some point (I'm guessing season 4 is when anyone who carks it is going to leave so as the lack of refferencing in ROTS makes sense). This way the Mandos also have the possibility of returning.

I myself really liked Satine. She was feisty in a way we really haven't seen before. She's not a fighter, she's not even really a politician. She is a monarch, her way goes. She's a peace loving monarch at that. And yet she is also down to Earth, considerate (I like to believe Satine's words to the bomber were forgiveness) and when pressed could look after herself. I really can't wait to see her character grow! :D

9. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    she's ever so slightly snotty. obi wan's perfect match, seriously.

10. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    She's perfect for Obi-Wan. Ventress is gonna get jealous.

11. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Filoni confirmed in an IGN interview that he riffed off of Cate Blanchett's Elizabeth for inspiration. :cool:

12. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    The chin just screams Blanchett![face_laugh]

13. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I like her so far. I'll wait until the next two eps to make my final judgments.

14. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    My uncle thinks that Satine is Obi Wan's only girlfriend when he also had Siri. Satine is interesting and I believe that Obi having emotion conflict where Satine is really a traitor or dies, would be good. Satine, in opinion, is better than Padmé.

15. Sith-Spitter01

Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2010
    Well it is possible that Satine could die since most of Mandalore does eventually side with the separtists.

16. star-wars-insider-50

star-wars-insider-50 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    I LOVE Satine, 10 fold better than Padme, HOWEVER, I think they should kill her off, but not yet. Maybe in season 3 or 4, that way we can have some hard core Obi-Wan depression maybe?

17. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Wouldn't it be awesome if at the end of this trilogy we found out that those accusations against Satine are actually true? It would just floor Obi-Wan to discover that Satine was indeed in league with the Death Watch, trying to bring back the noble warrior way of the Mandalorians, while wriggling free of Republic influence. It's not too farfetched to imagine this noble woman could turn to extremist methods in order to secretly uphold her culture's past.

Of course, in this case that scene of her with Vizsla, trying to conceal that she was talking to Obi-Wan wouldn't make much sense. But other things have made less sense in the show before...

18. Sith-Spitter01

Jan 26, 2010
    That would be interesting. I would like a discussion on Mandalore in the next ep or two, explaining more why there's rebellion against this "dutchess" Then maybe they could slip in mention of Darth Revan taking Mandalore the Ultimate's mask!

19. star-wars-insider-50

star-wars-insider-50 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    You know i actually thought that too, roughly as well when the Mandalorian killed himself and she ''forgave'' him, it would infact be an epic twist

20. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    I'd bet big money that there won't be any mention of a Darth *anyone* in the dialogue to this arc. That would raise more questions than it's worth for 98% of the audience. The Mandalorians will end up wherever they end up at the end of the arc without any setup to any EU situation. It's up to the EU to take it from there. That may not be the bet for the EU, but it's certainly best for the show.

21. Sith-Spitter01

Jan 26, 2010
    Well, it's just cause Darth Revan is mostly responsible for why leadership is always constantly changing in Mandalorian culture.

22. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Yeah, the next leader could end up being Dr. Vindi for all we know. But Dave wouldn't let that happen, right? Right? [face_worried]

"Citizens, line up for your Blue Shadow Virus shots."
    "You mean vaccine, right, King Vindi?"
    "Right..."
    [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

23. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    Actually, they will likely be left open to be revisited in other seasons. We still have many, many more episodes to go.

24. Sith-Spitter01

Jan 26, 2010
    When Revan took Mandalore the Ultimate's mask, it prevented them from picking a new leader so they scattered. Even though Canderous Ordo got the mask back and claimed himself Mandalore, not ALL the clans and warriors believed him to be Mandalore since Revan disappeared and Mandalore the Unknown's death was witnessed only by him and those with him. So that is a big deal as to why there would be three groups vying for control at this time: The New Mandalorians, The Death Watch, and The Mandalorian Protectors.

25. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    Well, yeah. The crux of my point is that the show isn't in the business of going out of its way to set up EU situations, and that the last kind of EU minutiae the general audience needs is the casual implication that there's another currently active Sith lord. It's part of the setup that there are only two of them and they are deep undercover. It's kind of like someone saying "Anakin, what would your brother think?" and then never mentioning it again. Ventress is enough of a dark side wild card, and the speculation about Ahsoka turning is at least one step too far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.