main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

100 Little things to love about ROTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Kiki-Gonn, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    140. Anakin disobeying the chancellor and insisting on saving Obi-Wan: "His fate will be the same as ours."

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    141. And Anakin's disarming (har!) of Dooku - the theatre gasped when he pulled off that audacious stunt.

142. Sort of a general comment on Anakin's lines - imagine some of them being spoken by (JEJ) Vader - and they totally work. "This is the end for you, my master." "You will try." Awwwwwww yeah.

123. The way Anakin stalks during the Mustafar duel. Strikes me as very Vader-like.

I thought it also seemed very much like Darth Maul stalking back and forth when Qui-Gon is meditating.

3. jMo_Skywalker

jMo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    GARTH_MAUL; From my point of view, you've said all of the best parts of the movie, and well let's face it, my point of view is THE point of view. No wonder you're a mod... ;)

4. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Why thank you.:D

It's funny because the thread is supposed to be "little" things to love, but I just love all of it.[face_dancing]

5. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    143. Obi-Wan and Anakin flying in unison during the space battle.

144. "He will not let me down. He never has." I love the way Ewan says that line.

6. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    145. Yoda's fingerail scratching the pod before he falls.

7. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    146. How stunning Mustafar looks from orbit. Like a fiery crystal ball.

8. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    And Anakin's disarming (har!) of Dooku - the theatre gasped when he pulled off that audacious stunt.

My theater had the same reaction. My eyes opened up wide when that happened. It was so sudden and complete. Then Anakin taking his time with the red and blue sabers ... what a great scene.

9. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    147. The scene where R2 makes a diversion and Obi-wan spins around while handcuffed and Force-retrieves his lightsaber from Grievous' cloak.

10. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    148. The "boom boom" beating in the background as the movie begins, very powerful.

11. TurnedJedi

TurnedJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2002
    149. Alderaan

(So, when is somebody going to change the title of this thread... :p)

12. Steve1977

Steve1977 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    Not sure if these have been posted but...

150: The way the Niemidoan talks when the ship is breaking up

151: "Another happy landing"

152: The sound the droid makes when she is trying to comfort Padme

153: "search your feelings anakin, something is not right!"

154: Seeing Uncle Owen looking out to the Horizon. Perhaps he was idealistic with big plans (ala Luke) but that all stopped when Ben dropped off Luke

13. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    155. The clone trooper on Utapau (I'm pretty sure it was Utapau) leaping onto the back of a crab droid (proper terminology eluding me here) and unloading on it with his rifle.

14. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    156. Anakin and Palpatine walking towards the camera in Palpatine's office. They have the window behind them and become darker and darker silhouettes until they're almost entirely black.

15. JediRac

JediRac Jedi Master star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    157. Anakin: Wait for me until I return! Things will be different I promise!

Boy, were they ever! :)

16. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    158. "Our baby is a blessing."
    Boy were they ever :)

17. RurouniKJS

RurouniKJS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2005
    I may be the only one to say this, but...

103) NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You're not the only one. It was the final death cry of Anakin Skywalker. Bad as he'd been, there was still a noble goal at the center of it all, that had driven him to the atrocities -- he loved Padmé so much he was willing to turn his back on nearly everything else he'd lived for. To learn that he'd given it all up for NOTHING in the end...come on, naysayers. That's a primal scream moment. You're just upset because your precious image of Darth Vader as the baddest villain in the universe has been revealed as a heartbroken, traitorous wifebeater.

And guess what? ALL VILLAINS ARE, IN THEIR OWN WAYS, AT THEIR CORE JUST AS PATHETIC.

Sorry, folks. That's my favorite ROTS soapbox.

Dang, what number are we on? Well, whatever...

158) Darth Anakin slowly forcing Obi's own saber, in Obi's own hand, down toward Obi's own head. That one sequence sold me on ROTS's potential in the trailer more than any other.

18. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    159) "LIAR!"

19. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    umm... we're on 160. Well actually we're far past that since there was a mistake on one of the earlier pages

20. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    162. (arbitrary)

The Jedi Council by hologram. Pretty cool little device, I like how they can all see each other at the same time.

163. Used shells getting expelled from the Trade Federation cannons.

164. R4's death scream when her head gets ripped off. Obi-Wan's "Oh dear" in response.[face_laugh]

21. TurnedJedi

TurnedJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2002
    I felt so bad for poor R4...

22. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    165. The way the lighting is like another character. I love how Anakin's face is always partially in the light and partially in the darkness.

166. The smile Anakin gives Padme when he first sees her, "I don't care if they know we're married."

167. The revelation that Luke really does remember something about his mother... "there is still good in him."

23. Spare_Parts

Spare_Parts Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    I don?t get 167. :confused:

168. Mace motioning to Anakin with his hand to stay back when he had Sidious on the ground

24. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    169. Anakin takes the stairs two at a time.

(What I meant by Luke remembering his mother is... Padme's last words "There is still good in him" become Luke's mantra. He says he doesn't remember his real mother, but I think this shows that he really does, he remembers the phrase and Padme's feelings toward Anakin as she died, though of course, he has no idea. It's gotta hit home with Obi-Wan though.)

25. JediRac

JediRac Jedi Master star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    170. The air rushing out of a vacuum and "thump" sound when Vader's helmet is locked in. Taken right from ESB. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.