main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO 1000/1000 - The Achievement Whores Guild

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    So now that I'm registered for Xbox Live, I figure it's about time to start showing the world how much of a loser I am and rack up on my gamerpoints.

Right now, I'm working on getting every orb and stunt marker in Crackdown, while occasionally working on others: Completing all songs as lead guitarist for Guitar Hero III, completing all songs as backup guitarist for GH3 & Aerosmith, and completing and five-starring every song on co-op career on every difficulty. [face_plain]

2. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    The only game I have 1000/1000 in is Halo 3, however I'm very close in Vegas, Vegas 2, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and a few others.

Total GP? 8946

3. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I have 23 Medic Achievments and 23 Pyro achievments in Team Fortress 2, which is the only game in the world where there's a point to achievment crunching.

4. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I have 1000/1000 in Oblivion, all 3 Lego games, the latest Harry Potter game, and Dead Rising.

5. roxez

roxez Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2007
    None for me yet (just got my XBOX a few months ago). Almost got Assassin's Creed though. Just need to go flag hunting again.

Of course, many games I won't get 1000/1000 because I don't play online, but meh, whatever.

6. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I recently acquired it in Lego: TCS. That's the only one, though.

My next best is 720 in Sega Rally, but haven't played it in so long I think I'm too out of practice. :p

7. sith_hunter117

sith_hunter117 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2008
    Whats your gamertag??

8. DarthApocalypse

DarthApocalypse Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2007
    1000/1000 on Call of Duty 2 & 4, 700+ on GTA IV, Halo 3 and Ninja Gaiden II.

9. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm 1000/1000 only on COD4. I'm only missing the bloody Overkill achievement for Halo 3 and that one is a @#$% to get right now. I think other games where I've racked up a good number of achievements are BioShock and GTA IV.

10. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I've got 1000 on Madden 06 and 08.
    I'm just missing the 100% on Lego SW TCS only because I'm not looking forward to running around getting the blue canisters. It'll bore me to death. :p
    Gunning for 1000 on Lego Indy though, fun game, if I can pull myself away from Civ Rev long enough :p

11. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    It does, not least because you've just wandered round getting all the white canisters, and then ploughed through the levels again doing the superstories! :p

12. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    Exactly. The thought of playing through every level for the third time is what keeps that game on the shelf. :p

13. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    The Speeder Showdown level still gives me nightmares. :p

14. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    *twitch* Speeder..... Showdown..... :mad:

15. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I'm one achievement away from 1000/1000ing GH: Aerosmith.

16. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    1000/1000??? No way.

The closest I've come is on GTA4, HALO3 and Virtua Tennis 3, all have about 400 [face_dancing]

Then again I consider myself to a more casual gamerays nowad, plus I don't play online. Ever.

17. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    Rented Madden 09, got the 1000/1000 after a few games. On a related note, also got the 200/200 on the LIVEarcade of EA Sports NFL live draft tracker, and will be getting the NFL game tracker next Thursday when it comes out. For those getting it, remember to log in right away when you get it on Thurs 9/4 to get the Thursday game login achievement.

Next game up for me: POTC: At World's End. That and finish LEGO SW CS and LEGO Indy. I had 9700-something two weeks ago, and I'm now over 11000; goal is to finish the year over 20,000.

18. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I got 1000/1000 on Aerosmith a while back. Haven't had access to Live for the rest of the Guitar Hero III achievements I need, and I can't find anyone competent enough to get me a 2,000 note streak in a co-op match on Guitar Hero II. Working on Call of Duty 4 right now, that's going to take a while because I suck at FPSes, I've finished Act 1 on Veteran. Mass Effect is coming along slowly but surely.

19. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Ditto, re: Oblivion. Also, Call of Duty 2, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and The Force Unleashed. Making nice headway on Fable II, though the forthcoming DLC will probably expand the work I have to do. Working on Fallout 3 right now, but suspect it'll be awhile. Obtaining them in GTA IV just takes fricking forever.

Paradoxically, though, on the whole, Achievement-whoring is just retarded. I know that's a hypocritical thing to say, but there it is. They're fine when they're an organic part of the gameplay. But when it's something like, "Finish entire level holding controller upside-down," that's when they get a little ridiculous.

Mega Man 9 has one called "Finish the game without missing a shot." Now, come on. Madden '08 has stuff like "Score 100,000 touchdowns," which should just be, "Play this ****ing game for the rest of your life." Those Achievements are for people without jobs or lives.

The Orange Box still remains the gold standard for creative, organic, fun, and rewarding Achievements. I've yet to be so proud of an Achievement than I was while earning The One Free Bullet.

20. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    I only have 100% (1250/1250) in Oblivion, I was about 99% in Halo 3 before they added another 700 points or so. [face_talk_hand]

I really hate the multiplayer achievements. They shouldn't be allowed, what if you only have a silver account? 1000 points will always be impossible to achieve.

21. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Also, I'm getting very close to 100% in BioShock, but I still have yet to pick up every last gene tonic (including "Hacker's Delight 3"), mostly because I keep on harvesting (not rescuing) the Little Sisters. Yeah, that's how I roll.

I created all of the plasmids in the U-Invent, and I made sure to pick up all of the plasmids along the way, but for some reason I keep putting this one off.

22. Louis_Skywalker

Louis_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2008
    I don't have the time for this..I have well over 25000 points in baby management though

23. Altair_Solo

Altair_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2008
    They call 'em Trophies over on my console, but I got 100% on CoD:WaW back in November and I'm currently on about 48% in BioShock and Battlefield:BC, and 42% on Resistance2

I'd have plenty of trophies on Fallout 3 and Uncharted if they had released them with Trophy support instead of patching it in much later on [face_frustrated]

And because it was mentioned earlier, TF2 Achievements! I only need to get Pyromancer and I'll have all 39 Pyro achievements, and I have 21 for Heavy (so close to KGB!)

24. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Recently had to start a new gamertag because I encountered a glitch in Call of Duty 4 that would have prevented me from ever getting all 1000 points for it (doesn't sound like a big deal, but I'm a perfectionist, and being stuck at 980/1000 forever would have killed me). Apparently making the game black and white disables achievements (it says so in the very fine print at the bottom that is hardly readable on an SDTV), and when I got my 15th piece of intel... no satisfying bleep.

Anyway, I'm at around 6,500 now. My main focuses are GTA IV and Lego Batman, while I'm also working on Mirror's Edge and BioShock (just recently beat that for the first time... :eek: ).

25. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    [image=http://13gb.com/media/images/hitler-achievement.jpg]