main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

12:01 Tickets!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Jedi-Finney, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    Who has their tickets already? I just got mine on Fandango, I guess they have been on sale a while because 2 theaters at Edwards is already sold out!

2. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Everything posted online thus far says they won't go on sale proper until 4/20/05.

Plus, one thing I noticed right now after heading over to Fandango--The show date is wrong! It's not showing on 5/18/05, it's showing on 5/19. Something is fishy here...... [face_thinking]

3. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    I went to edwards just to make sure, they have signs up saying tickets are for sell and i got my tickets from the fandango machine, on the signs in the box office it says the 18th as well, i think it was this way before because if they said it was the 19th they would have to charge matinee price so they call it a "late night" showing... greedy bastards.

4. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Got my tickets! I agree with Finney about the "late-night" thing. I believe they did that last time too. I know they've done that with other movies I've been to. Those greedy bastards!!

5. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    did you go print out your tickets, is it theater 10?

6. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    You're right, Finney. When you zoom in on the details for the showings, it says "This is for a 12:01a late night showing on Wednesday night, 5/18/05". Oh well, they just can't tell time. [face_laugh]

I guess this speeds my timetable up for deciding on where to go this year. I still haven't decided whether I'm going North or South of Merced yet. S.F. still calls to me, but would be a major pain to have to travel to and from.......

7. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Finney,

Our of curiousity, which of the 5 links for Edwards did you buy tix for? I'd feel more comfy knowing my group will be in a theatre with people I know. :cool:

8. Rabbit4x

Rabbit4x Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2004
    I just got my tickets and I started to panic, but now I know its not me.

Everyone who bought it early got "May 18th" - Theater 12.

What theater room you guys get? I think Ill sneak in to a theater with people I know, will they check?

9. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I clicked on the first 2 links and they wer sold out. So i clicked on the 3rd link and they still had tickets. But that was on Sunday about 6pm.

10. Rabbit4x

Rabbit4x Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2004
    I went to Edwards and bought them.

I asked for the earliest showing and they gave me May 18th, 12:01.

Those who got it, that will be May 19th at 12:01, right?

11. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I can't believe how many theatres listed on Fandango have 5/18 as the premiere date. Morons. After the clock hits Midnight, it's a new day! :mad:

I clicked on the first 2 links and they wer sold out. So i clicked on the 3rd link and they still had tickets. But that was on Sunday about 6pm.

Thanks for the reply, man. They rearranged the listings, with the sold-out theatres being moved to the 3rd & 4th slot of the 5 listings. Why they did that, is beyond me. I'm going to buy my tickets on my lunch break at work tomorrow, after I collect $20 from co-workers. My "boarding party" has increased to a whopping 8 this year. Yikes, what a carpool! :cool:

12. Bladion

Bladion Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2005
    My "boarding party" has increased to a whopping 8 this year.

Our group has a current count of 20 with more to possbily be added later. I guess it's hard to drag 40+ people to a midnight showing, huh?

13. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    man... I feel so alone. I'm the only one in here going to Signature it seems... and I haven't even bought them yet :( I freakin' work there, I should've just picked them up today with my paycheck

14. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    yeah i went to fandango, the first two 1201 showings were sold out and i got the third 1201, there are still tix because my father in law got some yesterday, it is theater 10, the one i'm always in for premieres. i just can't believe that 2 theaters sold out before i even knew that the tickets were on sale!!!

15. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    Damn, I gotta go get my ticket. Maybe I will today.

16. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I ended up getting my tix on Wednesday morning, via Fandango. There were 3 theatres sold out.

Now I need to get my butt down to Fresno this weekend, and get the actual tickets. Hopefully I'll end up in the same theatre as you guys.

Question, as a refresher: Are all of the screens that play opening night typically the same size? For some reason, I don't think so. Thanks!

17. Delta3eight

Delta3eight Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2005
    I got mine! I also found out that there is a 3am screening at the coliseum (The old IMAX Theater) at Edwards.

18. Bladion

Bladion Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2005
    I ended up getting my tix on Wednesday morning, via Fandango. There were 3 theatres sold out.

I would have gotten my tickets a while ago on Fandango as well, but I just couldn't see myself spending that extra $1 per ticket on service fees when $9.50 is expensive enough. Especially when I bought tickets for my entire group! Now I just need to get paid back, I guess.

19. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I see nobody answered my question from my last post, about the theatre sizes..?

Also, I was in Fresno on Saturday, picking up my actual tix I ordered. I got put in Auditorium 11. I believe I was in 10 for AOTC.

Finney, were you in River Park around 9ish on Saturday night? I think I saw you from a distance, by the cookie place there...... :cool:

20. PadawanFinney

PadawanFinney Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    hmm......so that's where you went FINNEY! sneaking cookies again huh?

21. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    hey yeah i was at riverpark by the cookie place. hehe. and i didn't know there was an imax inside edwards... how veerd.

22. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    And still no answer to my question about the screen size! [face_laugh]

The showing on the IMAX screen states that it won't be a true IMAX experience, it will still be a standard film projector.

I cannot freaking wait until May 18!!

23. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    "Doors locked, lets move on!"

I got my ticket, it cost 1500$!!! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.