main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon 2010 Pig Bowl

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AramysStrael, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    You heard me right, the Pig Bowl. What is the Pig Bowl? Well, it is a bunch of guys from Oregon local law enforcement take on a bunch of guys from Washington local law enforcement in the game of football, in The Dalles, Oregon. The goal is to raise money for a local family in need.

Last year, they raised over $19,000, if memory serves me right. The recipient was a young mother (my age) who was suffering from the same cancer that Farrah Fawcett passed away from, last year. Sad, she passed right before Christmas.

At any rate, my friend Curt has invited us to be there, to help entertain the crowd, while raising money for a local family in need. This year, they actually became a bonafide 501C3 (legal speak for non-protif charity organization).

This event is open to all members (and families) of the various Star Wars costuming and fan clubs (OFF) clubs.

There are more details to come, but I just wanted to put this one "on the books".

When: Saturday, Sept 25, 2010
    Time TBA
    Where: The Dalles, Oregon
    Whatonka Football Field (The Dalles High School)

For more information on the Pig Bowl, check out their website:
    http://pigbowl.net/

ROSTER:

Tavrik Gannon (that would be me) - Merc

Possible:
    Bes'kad Prudii - Merc
    Dralshy'a Atiniir - Merc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.