main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY 2011 GALACTIC ALLIANCE BOOK CLUB DATES AND READS

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LordZannah, Jan 6, 2011.

1. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    What the heck is WRONG with the Bothans? No wonder no one trusts them! [face_not_talking] :eek:

2. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I am still a little disapointed at Shadows of the Empire. Growing up with the films, the "many bothans died" comment made it seem like half the planet got fried-- only to find out it was a dozen of the fuzzy aliens in Y-Wings.

3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Just a bump. Next book club Dec 2. Get to reading!

4. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Bump Bump Bump!

5. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Shake Shake Shake

6. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Rattle, Rattle, Rattle!! [face_laugh] Thanks Mika!

7. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Hello everyone! As soon as we are done voting on "Oct - Feb. 2012 and Dec. 2012 - Feb. 2013 book club reads, I'll get the new Book Club read schedule up on the boards.

My Jammies, if you read this thread, please make sure to read the Feb. threw April book club vote thread. I have a question in it for you. I think I've figured out my confusion about tonights/this Decembers read. @};-

In the mean time, I hope to see all of you tonight! I'll have my Appo in tow for sure! [:D] ... And Mika, Appo went to the Dr., and everything is fine. I'll explain to everyone tonight what was going on. See you all at the Book Club meeting. [face_dancing]

8. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it tonight. I have scheduled myself with too many tasks that have deadlines on them :(

9. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I should be there but may be a little late. Stupid bridge!

10. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Rel and I will be there, just a little late-- stupid bridge.

11. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Yea, idiotic bridge! [face_batting]

12. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Great meeting tonight! It was good to see everyone and the conversation was most lively! "Those are not the drunks your looking for". 8-}

And thanks again for getting me all cleared up on our read for this period My Jammies. "Darth Pleagious" (bad spelling I know) it is. [face_batting]

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Great book and great discussion and always a joy to see everyone.

Ran into some fellow fans at the Star Wars table out front as I was leaving. Gave them our flyer and asked them to check us out. So if you're reading this Welcome! Sorry computer gliches aren't letting you sign up right now but please come on out to one of our get togethers, we always love to meet new fans.

14. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Bump and a heads up gang. Our discussion on Monday February 6, 2012 - Darth Plagueis by James Luceno. As you all probably know, it's not due to be released until next month, Jan. 10th.

Also, I'll get our 2012 Book Club read list up, as soon as our December 2012 poll has closed.

On a side note,
    I've finished reading the new Revan book, and I've begun on Darth Maul. I started on Maul night before last, and out of 37 chapters, I've only got 10 left to read. WOW! The Revan book was an incredibly fast read, large print and lots of action. The Maul book is just so good that I'm having trouble putting it down. I'll be finished with it tonight. Not sure which one I'll start after this one. Hmmmmmmmmmm..... [face_thinking] STAR WARS FOREVER!! [face_dancing]

15. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Star Wars Forever!

Finished Choices of One and found it to be pretty good too.

16. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Cool cool cool.

So, for Feb. we will be discussing Darth Plagious. (This book better be good)
    April; Courtship of Princess Leia. (rancors, Night sisters, overweight imperial warlords)
    June; Old Republic Deceived (The book, based on the MMO, based on the RPG, based on the comic, based on the films)
    Aug. Scurge!
    Oct. Wraith Squadron: Mercy Kill
    Dec. Yoda!

MTFBWY

Jammies

17. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    [:D] Thank you my Jammies!

So this concludes our book club thread for 2011. I'm now on my way to post up our new Book Club thread for 2012. Thanks to my Jammies, it has promised to be some Force-tast-ic reads!

And .... Concerning the delay in getting our 2012 Book Club thread up ..... Thank you for all of your patients everyone! The Holidays around here were very special this year.... which made them "very" busy. 8-} However.... AWESOMESAUCE!! [face_dancing]

Now to get that thread up. [face_batting]

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for continuing to lead the book club forward in 2012 Jammies and Zannah! It is as you say..."awesomesauce".