main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[3SA] There isn't enough active moderation in the Ep3(SA) forum for the lead-up to ROTS.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth Mischievous, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

Most of which can be asked in the official question thread.

It worked in the AOTC forum, and it will work in the ROTS forum.

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    There WERE 1,000 of those threads. You just can't see them anymore.

3. GriffZ

May 27, 2001

You should post the novel-length admin action log for the 3SA. :p

4. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Every couple of days I hit 1,000 easily.

5. GriffZ

May 27, 2001

That doesn't surprise me. And since the really foul stuff gets deleted, it's impossible for people to get an accurate sense of the amount of work being done in there.

But I know, Sape. I know all too well. [face_plain]

6. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    If it's knocked off the front page, just bump it back up. That's not hard to do.

Another thing wrong with that is discussion of a single topic will end up smeared out over a dozen different threads, each poster having used whichever thread on the topic was nearest the top at the time. It's much harder to follow discussions that don't have official threads.

7. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I have to say that I am LOVING this 'no new threads' era. There are more than enough threads to talk about everything from A to Z. Please please please please please keep it around for awhile. Please. :)

8. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Why not just stick all the official threads on the first page?

9. GriffZ

May 27, 2001

Because there are lots of topics to discuss beyond the official threads. If you sticky the official threads then the entire first page will be official threads.

10. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    If you sticky the official threads then the entire first page will be official threads.

Actually, it's more than that. Every time a thread is "stuck" it appears on every single page in the forum. So if you stick 30 threads, then anyone viewing at 50/page will only see 20 non-sticky threads per page (and anyone that uses 25 is royally screwed). Stick 49, and only one thread will be shown per page. This means that to look at anything other than official threads will be almost impossible.

11. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    I guess this is the best place to commend the 3SA mods, not only on their job for the past week or so, but going all the way back to when I first joined some 4 years ago. I know they take alot of crap, but they have, bar none, the hardest job on the JCC. And (for the most part) they do an excellent job of keeping the discussions going and killing trolls. Even though my posting patterns have become sporadic(at best), I'm still going to miss 3SA. It was a fun ride, one I'm sad has come to an end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.