main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

5 Best Male Screams in "Raiders"

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by TD 88, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TD 88

TD 88 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1998
    "Raiders" has some of the best screams in any movie EVER! Here is my list of the Top 5.

1) Toht, meeting his fate. Man, does that guy let loose with a beautiful falsetto scream when faced with a demonic angel about to melt his face! Seriously, that actor--Ronald Lacey--must have given Spielberg a LOT more than he ever thought he would get. Steven must have been howling with delight on the set with that scream. I can just see him grabbing his sound man and imploring him, "Tell me ya got that!" What a scream!

2) Indy on the ship. How over-the-top was that scream when Marion clocked him with the mirror?! I loved the cutaway to outside the ship, and all you hear is Indy's "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" One of the biggest laughs I've ever had watching a movie. And I love the cut back to the room and Marion asks innocently, "Did you say something?" And Indy just whimpers.

3) Sallah when the lightning briefly illuminates that dragon statue. Indy, Sallah, and friends have just cracked open the Well of the Souls for the first time in centuries, Sallah peers down ... lightning ... thunder clap ... dragon. "DAAAHHHHHH!!!" Makes me laugh everytime. "Sorry, Indy." Classic.

4) Satipo just losing it when he sees the Hovito shish kebab that is now Forrestal. I darn near thought the guy was gonna hyperventilate! Indy, so cool, barely flinches.

5) And I close with ... Toht, gripping the very hot Headpiece to the Staff of Ra. Most people would have just dropped it the second they felt pain. This sick and twisted dodo just holds onto it and gets the full Hellfire branding experience. You ever wonder where Toht went after jamming his hand into the snow bank?

Did I miss any other screams?

2. Jon

Jon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    Couldn't agree more. :D

3. jedi-master-kev

jedi-master-kev Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    best scream at the end when the ark opens

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I love the scene when Indy gets whacked with the mirror. So funny!

5. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I gotta go with the nazi officer guy when they open the ark.

6. CountCuckoo

CountCuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Indy getting whacked with the mirror

7. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    The Nazi soldier as he gets run over by the tank.

The Nazi officer (can't remember his name right now...) as he goes over the cliff in the tank)

anything else you guys mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.