main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga 501st markings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by SithLord_1270, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Seeing as they appeared in the Clone Wars & RotS, would any of u have a problem with the blue markings of the 501st appearing on some of the Stormtroopers in future releases of the OT?

2. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    The Stormtroopers of the OT are pretty incompetent, so it would really dumb-down the 501st. The only time it would really work is the beginning of ANH, since the Stormtroopers are actually impressive. But then everyone would ask, "Why aren't those blue Stormtroopers on Endor, since it was such an important battle, and they're supposed to be The Emperor's best troops?"

Besides, everyone knows the 501st are just a bunch of fat guys that hang around ribbon-cuttings for new banks or Dairy Queens!

3. Caleb89sw

Caleb89sw Jedi Master star 1

Oct 30, 2010
    It depends when in the OT they would appear. It really wouldn't make much sense for them to be running around unless Darth Vader was directly involved. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there were blue stormtroopers during the first level of "The Force Unleashed." Not the HD versions, but for the Wii and PS2. If it was something like that, I could see that. Certain moments from the OT, like the Tantive IV or Bespin would be appropriate. But I don't think it's necessary for other times like the death star in ANH.

Besides, it would probably just save everyone a lot of grief if they just kept them as is. Almost everyone freaked out over the changes on the Blu-ray. It'd just be one more thing for the haters to complain about. I'm open to new ideas like this, but I think it'd just get a negative backlash.

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I thought I read / heard that the Stormtroopers in the beginning of ANH were the 501st. But it also makes sense that the Empire no longer wants any color or markings on the Stormtroopers (after the shift from clone troopers to Stormtroopers). They want them all to look the same, not to mention not having any feeling of individualism or even alignment with just their group as opposed to the larger whole. Not only are the individually personalized helmets and armor from the Clone Wars gone, but so are any color codes for groups (like blue for the 501st, but there were many others) that we see in ROTS.

At any rate, I would not want to see this change, because I like that this is one of the ways that the Empire has the Stormtroopers differ from the clone troopers.

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I do like the early Imperial era as depicted in the Dark Times comics; still got that Republic color going on, which makes it sorta British Empire to the later Nazi Reich-styled look. But yeah, they shouldn't have coloration markings in ANH.

6. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    I can see the colors being on them in ANH. That would b cool. But I have to agree, Endor would not b cool to see. Seeing the 501st get beateng by the Teddy Bear Brigade would b too much.

7. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    I can't see anyone having a problem with yet another tweak to the OT, all the previous ones seem to have either gone by completely unnoticed or been met with unanimous praise.

8. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    I assumed the markings went away when they changed from clone trooper armor to Stormtrooper armor, and never came back.

9. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Because that's another reason Vader>Palpatine :p

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [face_laugh]

Yes, that's pretty much what I was getting at in my post earlier in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.