main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq 501st Members

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Gecko_Fett, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I just wanted to ask all New Mexico 501st members to go to the Mountain Garrison website and if you have not logged onto the forum....please do so! Lets show them we are here and are active participants with the garrison! Post who you are and where you are from!

Mountain Garrison

2. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    I see several of us out there... Collen, Peter, Christov ... maybe when we get our squad they will give us a thread in the Squads area...

3. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I know what you are saying....but it was brought to my attention that there is alot of people that are logged into the MG site that are just on there posting. I was just seeing if we can post saying..."We are from New Mexico....watch out....we are growing fast!" :D

4. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Well, I'm not in the 501st yet, but I do post!

5. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I know you do...noone know who you are though! :D

6. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    It's in SL 9911 is my TK number :)

7. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Congrats!

8. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Congrat's nmfiredawg we have a vader.

9. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Jess, can you bug them about our squad again? We'll have enough for our own garrison soon if they don't hurry up!

10. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Well, let's all get on the MG boards and bug them about it!

11. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    I've never posted up there, but if someone starts, I'll chime in...

12. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Alright, I've posted about it. So get to it, man!

13. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    pictures! pictures!

I wanna see your Vader costume!!!

14. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
  15. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    wow guys my first link [face_laugh]

I just put those on the web page I need to start up for everything else.

I need to put some better pics on too.

16. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!

17. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I just got a response back from Wes who is the XO of the Mountain Garrison on our Squad status and here is his reply.

I would think you could let them know if won't be a problem. You have the members and the MG command has agreed... we will just have to wait for it to be official.

How many guys are left to sign up on the MG forums? If we get more than 5 on here, I would bet John would open up a squadron thread for your team. I will send him a PM.

If you have not signed up and stated you are from New Mexico...please do!

18. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    Good news brother!!!!

19. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I am sure we already have the 5 members on there already...

20. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    I'll be submitting my ap in 1 week.

21. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Nice. What costume are you doing?

22. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Meesa doing Sith lord Jar Jar.
    j/k
    emperor.

23. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
  24. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    Yea Jess I just signed up on the boards with my TI ID last week. I think we have what we need.

25. DarkJediorion

DarkJediorion Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    Hello Mos Alba Members! Just thought I would take a second to tell you what a great job we think you guys are doing down there in New Mexico.

I can't tell you enough how the things we do, make a difference in the scheme of things. Kids love to get visitors, but there is nothing in this world like when Darth Vader and a group of Stormtroopers pour through the door... Kids can't get enough of it.

I have heard troopers say "Driving the 4 hours sucked.. changing my flat tire sucked... getting yelled at by the police man for wearing my armor while driving sucked... Man that was the worse trip I have ever had. But seeing those kids smile, I would do it over twice."

It is amazing seeing the commitment that we as Members of the Legion put towards our costumes and the high standards that are put forth, but to see how much sacrifice comes from the group is unlike anything else on the planet. The Legion just accepted it's 3000th member, and membership grows by about 8 to 12 people per week. With those numbers, now is the greatest time to be part of the cementing foundation that is being poured.

I started off as Squad Leader of the Snowy Range Squadron and we went from 3 members (Active) to 12 within a year. One of the first official events that we planned as a squadron was a trip to wyoming. Here are some picts.. http://www.mg501.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=66 As you can see, we had 11 people show up. But perhaps the greatest turnout was for the Budweiser center/Colorado Chill game. We raised money for the Northern Colorado Shining Stars (A group of special needs children). We had 20+ people show up for that one and most made a 2 hour drive to make it... http://www.mg501.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=116&page=3

This is the kind of involvment that we want to share with all squadrons at one occasions or another. My ultimate goal for your area would be an event where we can get multi-squadron attendance at one or more events per year. There is something about standing in line with 20 stormtroopers that just makes you feel great. Nothing else shows such organization, professionalism, and unification as this.

If you haven't done so already, join the Garrison boards as information on costuming, Star Wars activities, Garrison events, specials on Costumes/t-shirts/Accesories, and tons of other great information is made available.

I know that our Commanding Officer (John Orndorff) joins in my welcome to come sign up on the board and also anticipates sharing ideas and advice through daily communication with your squadron.

I commend you all on your progress! Good job on the growth and the future plans that you have in the works. I have all confidence in Jess and that we will see amazing things come from your squadron. I look forward to meeting all of you in person and more importantly combining our efforts to make "The Dewback Squadron", THE Imperial force in New Mexico.

Thank you, and in the words of the Mountain Garrison CO, "May the Dark Side of the Force be with you".

Wesley Barry
    TK0035/TD0035
    Mountain Garrison
    Executive Officer