main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

a better introduction to Lord Sidious:

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by seventyard, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seventyard

seventyard Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2003
    How about this for a better introduction to Holographic Palpy than the one we currently get in Episode I:

BEFORE
    Our Japanese-Accented Nemoidian friend says, ?this plan of yours has failed Lord Sidious ? we dare not go against the Jedi,? to which Palpy replies, ?Viceroy, I don?t want this stunted slime in my sight again.? In turn, the Nemoidian turns away, looking forlorn.

AFTER
    Our Japanese-Accented Nemoidian friend STILL says, ?this plan of yours has failed Lord Sidious ? we dare not go against the Jedi.? Palpy, finding his lack of faith disturbing, begins to Force-Choke the bastard and says something along the lines of, ?I find your lack of faith disturbing,? before turning his attention back on the Viceroy. The Faith Lacker continues to struggle for breath as Paply finishes giving his instructions for speeding up the invasion and killing the Jedi, finally collapsing.

What do you think? Better?

By the way, hi, I?m new here. Despite when I registered.

2. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    I don't like it. The dialogue is bargain basement Vader and the holo-choke is right out of ESB. It lacks the Emperors style. I prefer the scene as it stands now.

3. seventyard

seventyard Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2003
    that was sort of the point, what with lucas' penchant for repeating similar themes over and over again...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.