main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Burning Memory (Lord Vader's account as to what happened when Master and Apprentice clashed)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sith_Emperor_420, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Emperor_420

Sith_Emperor_420 Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2003
    Character: Darth Vader
    Setting: Meditation Chamber

Prologue

Not long after donning the black mask, a cruel memory still burns within Anakin's mind.

The halogram of Padme Amidilla ignited before Darth Vader by a single touch of a keypad on the arm of his chair in his meditation chamber. The image was but a recording, of course, but its effect was no less real...as Anakin's blood-shot eyes still watered at the sight of it.

"My Queen..." he began "what I said to you on the day my mother died about keeping people alive became true...at least partially. I managed to keep myself alive, but not you..." there was a slight pause in his words, and Padme's image flickered as he slammed his fist down "AND I WISHED IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!!". Anakin's head dipped, and he rested his black-gloved bionic hand on his pale forehead.

"I can recall the day I lost you. I held Master Kenobi responsible, as I do today, and I attacked him. Though his death would have been a small satisfaction...even if I murdered him a thousand times...nothing will ever fill the void your passing has created."

"In your name, my Queen, I took arms with my former Master...and it was a hard and costly battle. I can still hear him begging me to put my weapon down...and I can still see the fear in his cowardly eyes. My life is unworthy without you, Padme...for I am left with nothing else to love and everything to hate."

"Anakin Skywalker is no more. He and everything good he ever had is dead. He died with you, my love."

"But rest easily with one thing, my Queen. I fought for you..." Darth Vader said quietly "I fought for you.".

The Dark Lord of the Sith then ejected the data chip from the keypad as a mechanical arm slowly descended from the ceiling. There was a sieries of clicks, and Darth Vader was masked once again.

Still holding Padme's data card in his hand, he crushed it...a maneuver that no human hand could accomplish. The card desentigrated like a dry leaf, and its debris fell to the ground in several pieces.

The silence was broken with the miserable hissing of his respirator. He rose. With his long black robes flowing as he marched to the exit doors of his meditation chamber, he growled "Obi Wan's death will yield me closure...my Queen. And then you may rest peacefully."

2. Sith_Emperor_420

Sith_Emperor_420 Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2003
    Thank-you for all the feedback.

May you all burn.

3. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Well, that was nice...

These boards really suck a lot of the time. I did like your story, and I liked your other one too, I just... well that is to say it's cortesy to reply to those that read your work, at least thank them you know. Right now I'm reading too much as it is and I sure as hell am not going to haunt a thread where the writer doesn't acknowledge that I even exit. Get too much of that in the real world. Don't need it here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.