main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Capital Journey - AOTC vignette with Versé

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Enji, Jul 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Title: A Capital Journey
    Author(s): Enji
    Timeframe: AOTC
    Characters: Versé, some Cordé
    Genre: vignette
    Keywords:
    Summary: Versé's thoughts as she's on her way to Coruscant

-----

I hate travelling. I hate being confined to the cramped, artificial spaces of a spacecraft, so unlike the lush meadows and blue lakes of home. I hate the fact that I can't get outside, and I hate having to breathe the dank, recycled air that tastes foul in my mouth. Every minute I'm aboard this ship I long to get off it. Long for my green home planet. My beloved Naboo.

My name is Versé, and right now I am aboard the senatorial Naboo Cruiser, bound for Coruscant. I'm actually feeling a bit giddy, it's my first time to the capital of the Republic, and I'm really looking forward to it. I know that I, as a handmaiden, should always be cool and serene, but I tell you, it isn't always easy. Especially not when you're on your first mission outside of Naboo!
    I've heard a lot about the capital, how it's just one enormous city, filled with people from all over the galaxy, brimming with activity, but I have never seen it for myself. I can't wait to see all the wonders of it, the great Senatorial Hall especially. I suppose I will see a lot of that, since we will have our quarters there.
    Also, it's going to be great getting off this blasted ship, and be able to move about a little more freely. Not that I will be able to do what I want there, and I doubt I can find time for any sightseeing, but still, anything must be better than this ship. It's very frustrating being here, not able to do anything. I'm trained to protect the senator, but it's rather hard to do that when she's not even aboard the ship. She got into one of the fighters about an hour ago, to fly down to Coruscant on her own accord, disguised as a pilot. Cordé will act as her decoy here, in case of any trouble. I can't really see what could happen here on the ship or on Coruscant, I believe security ought to be really tight on the capital world, but Captain Typho is cautious. I guess he knows what he's doing, and I know Cordé will perform flawlessly as the senator. It's not the first time she's standing in for Amidala, and she's been one of her handmaidens for a longer time than I, so I'm not worried about that.

I grew up in the countryside, not very far from Theed. I guess you could say I had a happy childhood, growing up in a place like my family's mansion. There were green fields, lovely little lakes, everything a child could wish for. I am aware I am privileged, my parents being influential nobles, but I hope, and actually believe, that I got my job as one of the senator's handmaidens because I was suited for it, and not because of my family. Senator Amidala is wise, and I cannot think that she would accept anyone who isn't up to her standards. I have worked very hard to get where I am today, learning politics since I was very young, and going through the most arduous physical training, involving all kinds of fighting. I am very proud to say I passed the tests and was accepted as a bodyguard to the senator.

My parents wanted me to run for the position as queen when Amidala stepped down, but I refused. I think they we're a bit disappointed with me, that I would rather choose a career where I would always be in the background, but in the end they acquiesced, and instead Queen Jamillia ascended the throne. I think she was a good choice; she is very wise, although I do not think she's quite as sharp as senator Amidala. It's a good thing Amidala accepted the role of senator when the queen asked her.

I don't think we could have a better senator for Naboo. Amidala will do anything to ensure the best for our system, and the Republic as a whole, and I hope she will have a good influence on many of the other senators here, now that the vote is coming up. The vote. I'm a bit worried, to tell the truth. So many of the senators seem to be in favour of the Separatists, and Amidala has hinted that some might be corrupt, or even bribed. I can't believe how they can actual

2. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Wow, this was fantastic, Enji, I'm quite impressed. Haven't read a good handmaiden story in a while, and you did a great job with Versé.

3. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Ohhh, nice viggie! You captured Verse really well, and I like that you provided her background and everything!

4. Anyanka

Anyanka Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Very nicely done, Enji. I love a good handmaiden fic. You captured Versé's views and her anticipation of going to Coruscant very well.

5. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Knight-Ander, thanks! :) I've never written any handmaiden story before, in fact I haven't written anything PT before, and it was really fun doing something different from my other fics for once. :)

bobilll, yes, I liked coming up with a little background for a character. That's what's fun writing about less used characters, you can come up with more things about them yourself... ;)

Anyanka, I'm glad you liked it. :) I really wanted to show the feelings of a young woman going away on some kind of "adventure", and if you liked it, I'm very happy. :)

This is also the first vignette I've ever written, and I found it to be very much fun to write, so I think I'll write some more vignettes in the future. :)

6. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    That was mean.

Pure evil. You can't make her be a real nice person, and happy, and excited and then...KILL her!

*mutters*

You are very evil!

*breaks into a wide, happy grin*

I'm very proud of you!

Very nice fic...I'll be looking forward to more viggies - but, you know, with happy endings.

Love, Kee

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I shouldn't laugh, this was a very serious story, on the other hand I'm just remember when I pointed out Versé.

Well it was good written, vignettes are wonderful, and you did it really well. :)

8. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    YAY!! Another Versé fic! YAYY!!!

Very good, I love it! It was rather said to see her anticpate her day..and then, like, kill her! :p

--Yané

9. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Kee, I'm so flattered you think I'm evil! [face_blush] But well, I kind of like tragic endings, even though I also love happy ones. I'll try to write a happy one next...

OA, yeah, I remember that too... :D I'm just glad you liked it.

Handmaiden_Yane, thanks! :) Yeah, it's rather sad, but then, I like sad!

10. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I like sad too. I've written several HM death stories myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.