main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Game of Clue - Congrats Tyi and Lily For Winning Castle Murder Clue!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by LemmingLord, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    1. [Red] Lady Scarlett - Kelia
    2. [Yellow] Gold Myst - Tyi
    3. [White] Sir Snow - Trimaj
    4. [Green] The Forestwife - padawanlissa
    5. [Blue] Lady Azure
    6. [Purple]

2. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005

3. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    Game On at Murder Castle!

We have our cast of characters! I will set up the virtual board over here at Clue Headquarters, divvy out the virtual cards, and PM everyone their opening clues. We can begin accusations today.

1. [Red] Kelia - Lady Scarlett
    2. [Yellow] Tyi-Maet_Nefer - Gold Myst
    3. [White] Trimaj - Sir Snow
    4. [Green] padawanlissa - The Forestwife
    5. [Blue] LilyHobbitJedi - Lady Azure
    6. [Purple] star-killer1 - Lord Baron Dribblechalice

Murder Castle: The six player characters have been roused from their bed chambers by men at arms, taken to the kitchen.. Lord Boddy is there, dead, in the dumb waiter.

Martial Buff Tanner sweeps into the room, tips over the heavy preparation table with a loud crash and cries out to heavens.

"WHHHHY!!!!! There was a murder here last night of my lord and master.. A greater man there never was and I have on the authority of the oracle of thegamerules that it was one of you!! All brought under this very bastion and fortress of hope and unity!!! Speak the truth now of what you know or I will have you all flayed alive to assure this murder does not go unpunished..

The mightier-than-you-all martial lets just one suspect seak at a time.. FOR YOUR FIRST POST, GIVE YOUR ACCOUNT OF THE EVENTS THAT HAPPENED.. TRY TO INCLUDE IDEAS AND THEMES FROM THE OTHER PLAYERS' RECOLLECTIONS TO TELL THE STORY FROM YOUR CHARACTER'S POINT OF VIEW... THIS FIRST POST WILL BE AN ACCUSATION, SO BE SURE TO INCLUDE SUSPECT, WEAPON AND ROOM INFORMATION AT THE BOTTOM.

Think about why your character would have been a guest of Lord Buddy, why you would have killed him (because any of you may have done it!), and perhaps how it is that you don't know whether or not you did it!!! I'll send you your clues momentarily. You can wait for my PM or just start posting.

NOTE: when you want to make your accusation for the day, put the SUSPECT, WEAPON and ROOM in CAPS at the bottom of your post and try to incorporate each of them into your post as well...

Those Weapons Again:
    Arsenic
    Crossbow
    Chamber Pot
    Battle Axe
    The Rope
    Hunting Rifle

The Rooms:
    Tea Room
    Dungeon
    The Wardrobe
    Servant's Room
    Privy Chamber
    Kitchen
    Auidence Chamber
    Dining Room
    The Great Hall

4. star-killer1

Jun 7, 2005
    I was in the audience chamber cleaning my hunting rifel after we got back fron a hunt earlier yesterday afternoon,
    I have been upset lately because I've been hearing rumors that he has been rendevuing with my wife the Baroness of Dribbledoon Lady Grace. Enter the room Lord Buddy to confront me 'bout my attitude when my rifel accidenally discharges. Oh well he should have known better than to walk into a room with a mad Baron with a loaded gun, I really did not mean for the gun to go off, really, I should not have slammed my rifel on the tabel as he came in the room. I guess in the next life he'll know not mess with the better Lord!

LORD BARON DRIBBLECHALICE, HUNTING RIFEL, AUDIENCE CHAMBER

5. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    I was in the audience chamber cleaning my hunting rifel after we got back fron a hunt earlier yesterday afternoon,
    I have been upset lately because I've been hearing rumors that he has been rendevuing with my wife the Baroness of Dribbledoon Lady Grace. Enter the room Lord Buddy to confront me 'bout my attitude when my rifel accidenally discharges. Oh well he should have known better than to walk into a room with a mad Baron with a loaded gun, I really did not mean for the gun to go off, really, I should not have slammed my rifel on the tabel as he came in the room. I guess in the next life he'll know not mess with the better Lord!

Martial Buff Tanner takes the Hunting Rifle and smacks the Baron in the head with the "butt" of this ancient dragoone medieval firearm, "*#%! man!!" He hits the Baron with a gauntlet. "You dishonorable piece of scum! The weapon accidentally went off?? Its a bleeding hard weapon to get all loaded and primed to be purposefully killing someone in this day and age.. You must think me a fool to make your lies so transparent! Are you covering up for someone else? Because don't think I won't have you sent to the axeman this day just because you are a Baron also....just because it will likely lead to war between our lands!!! What in the name of all that is good could you have been thinking??? Tell me this is not what transpired!!!"

Buff turns to the rest of the suspects hoping for someone to come up with a different explanation.

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Scarlett watched Lord Dribblechalice?s confession with wide eyes. ?I?ve never heard a more preposterous story,? she sniffed, ?though I?m not discounting Lord Dribblechalice as the murderer,? she paused. ?After all, I I have no idea what happened to poor Lord Boddy.?

?Why are you here, Lady Scarlett?? Martial Buff Tanner asked, turning his full attention to her. ?According to what I?ve heard, you were not on good terms with the victim.?

?It was a small disagreement,? she quickly replied. ?Over some land my husband wished to sell. Lord Boddy went came to our home while I was visiting our neighbors and viciously forced my husband to sell at a far lower price than the land was worth.? She frowned, her brows creased with anger. ?I merely came here to speak with Lord Boddy and work out a fair settlement.?

At this, the five other guests burst into laughter.

?Speaking of a preposterous story,? Lady Azure gasped in-between laughs.

?No offense, Lady Scarlett,? Tanner began, the corners of his mouth twitching, ?but even I know of Lord Boddy?s bad temper. I find it hard to believe he would have been agreeable to speak with you -,?

?Well we?ll never know,? Scarlett huffed. ?Because I didn?t get the chance to speak to him, although,? she paused dramatically, ?I do remember hearing screams coming from the dungeon.? Pivoting on her heel, she starred directly into Gold Myst?s amused eyes. ?And you came running out of the dungeon a short time later.?

YELLOW
    ? BATTLE AXE - DUNGEON

7. padawanlissa

Jul 31, 2005
    I must confess that I was the murderer. I was called to the castle to treat Lady Boddy, who is ill. Lady Boddy is a good woman, but Lord Boddy has been aiding the evil Sheriff of Nottingham in the search for my friend, Robin Hood, so I have no love for him. I mixed arsenic with Lord Boddy's food as it was being carried to him in the Dining Room. I suppose it was wrong, but I had to do something to help Robin Hood.

GREEN, ARSENIC, DINING ROOM

8. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Lady Azure looked at the others suspiciously an d with an obvious annoyance. Buff looked at Azure for her account of the terrible tragedy. "How did you Lord Buddy?" Buff asked.

"I know very little about the Lord, Sir. I served his wife, Lady Buddy. I was her handmaiden until a fortnight ago when I became engaged. I'm curently at the manor because Lady Buddy asked me to be here. She was very distressed, and she would not tell me the reason why. But I do have one clue," Azure said with a small grin.

"Which is?" Buff asked curiously.

I saw Lady Buddy wandering the corridor last night when I went to relieve myself. I saw her enter the Baron's quarters while carrying a length of rope," Azure explained, ignoring the Baron's protest, and continuing to speak to the martial.

"Not long after that I saw the Baron leave in the direction of the Great Hall. I'm not trying too be presumptuous, but I believe the Baron is responsible for Lord Buddy's death. And he did this at the request of Buddy's wife."

PURPLE- GREAT HALL- ROPE

9. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Gold Myst

Gold Myst's eyes twinkled as Ms Scarlett glared at him. Running his hands across his rope belt before replying, he subconsciously traced each bead his fingers touched.

"My fair lady, it was indeed I who exited the dungeon at that time," Gold said in a gentle voice. "I dare not think you could mistaken me," he added, cheekily referring to his simple yet splendidly bright yellow robe. "But as to whose screams you heard, it is not my place to say."

Shifting the holy bible he held in his hand, Gold smiled at his companions, softening the lines on his face and bald head. "It is not in my usual place to give judgement out so quickly, but I will abide by your wishes, Lord Tanner. Just after the time in which I had done my dungeon prayers, I acutely heard the twang of a crossbow. I am not sure where or whom fired the weapon, but I must look towards the one who dwells in the forest to be formidable with such a weapon. The hall, too, is a large enough room to accommodate."

[Yellow's Accusation] THE FORESTWIFE - CROSSBOW - THE GREAT HALL

10. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    "Liars! Liars! All of you.. or fools... Two people confess to the crime? The mad baron says he did so almost by accident... The forestwife... to enable the villain Robin Hood? I believe neither of you! (i mean, if either of you were right the game would be over wouldn't it?) Your confessions are enough to have you hanged or axed. But the truth WILL come out before that happens. Give it to me.. Or I will take it from you!"

Round 1 Results:

Lady Scarlett Suggested it Was Gold Myst in the Dungeon with the Battleaxe. (Gold Myst reveals evidence against the claim.)
    Gold Myst Suggested it Was The Forestwife in the The Great Hall with the Crossbow. (Sir Snow reveals evidence against the claim.)
    Sir Snow Suggested it Was strangely silent.
    The Forestwife Suggested it Was The Forestwife in the Dining Room with the Arsenic. (Lord Baron Dribblechalice reveals evidence against the claim.)
    Lady Azure Suggested it Was Lord Baron Dribblechalice in the Great Hall with the Rope. (Sir Snow reveals evidence against the claim.)
    Lord Baron Dribblechalice Suggested it Was Lord Baron Dribblechalice in the Audience Chamber with the Hunting Rifle. (Sir Snow reveals evidence against the claim.)

11. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    "I beg your pardon," Lady Scarlett sniffed. "Gold Myst admitted what I said was the truth so you can hardly call me a liar."

"I apologize, my lady," Martial Tanner replied, bowing with respect. "You are not a lair, however, you were not correct in your accusation either."

"I was just conveying what I observed," Scarlett pointed out. "It's not the only thing I observed either," she paused as she thought over the events of the prior day. "In fact," she began, "when Lord Dribblechalice returned from "the hunt", he came in through kitchen, which was unusual and his hunting rifle was smoking, which it shouldn't have been. Everyone knows you don't shoot close to the castle."

LORD BARON DRIBBLECHALICE - HUNTING RIFLE - KITCHEN

12. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Lady Azure was quite irritated and her eyes shot daggers at the martial. "So you want to discount everything I've said? I'm insulted. I will not stand for this," she sniffed as she arose from her seat.

"Milady, you must remain until we've solved this intrigue," Buff commanded.

"I'm getting married in less than a fortnight, can we move this along?" Azure asked, even more irritated.

"THen tell me the truth," he answered.

"I did," Azure said. "But then again I remember that something else happened that night. I saw that Myst fellow walking in the Tea Room while carrying a chamber pot. I thought it strange, but then he does seem like a peculiar fellow."

YELLOW- TEA ROOM- CHAMBER POT

13. padawanlissa

Jul 31, 2005
    I admit that I lied about the room and weapon, but I am the murderer. It actually took place in the The Wardrobe. I waited for him to enter, then strangled him with the rope.

GREEN, WARDROBE, ROPE

14. star-killer1

Jun 7, 2005
    "O.K., o.k., Marshal, I admit I was a slight short with the truth on the matter.
    It's just I heard the FORESTWIFE sneaking around the DUNGEON and all, so off I went to see what was so blasted interesting,
    I saw Lord Boddy laying on the ground in bad shape. Pulling out the CROSSBOW bolt I sat there and watched him expire. There was nothing I could have done for him so I had my staff hide him in the dumb waiter."

FORESTWIFE,DUNGEON,CROSSBOW

15. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Gold Myst

"I only speak in truths," Gold automatically said after Lady Scarlett's indignant retort to the Martial. "And, some, theories..." he added while nobody was listening and conversation of the murder continued on around him. The friar shifted his feet before clasping his hands together around the book in his hand. He then seemed to settle with confidence and his charisma returned.

Walking towards the Lord once more, Gold overheard a comment he could only smile at. "A peculiar fellow?" he repeated aloud. He left the words hanging in the air for the briefest of moments before grinning widely. "Why I should hope I'm peculiar, my lady! Without the peculiarity of the unknown we wouldn't nearly be as amazed at such things!"

Nodding to the Martial, the robed man continued. "She is correct, I was in the tea room trying to find a drink last night. But was that a chamber pot? I knew something was strange about my cup. Nevertheless, I would like to point out that I find it surprising that weapons, such as the battle axe, could be found in the servant's quarters. I'm sure I glimpsed somebody in there earlier."

[Yellow's Accusation] SIR SNOW - BATTLE AXE - SERVANT'S QUARTERS

16. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Lady Scarlet"When Lord Dribblechalice returned from "the hunt", he came in through kitchen, which was unusual and his hunting rifle was smoking, which it shouldn't have been. Everyone knows you don't shoot close to the castle."

"By the Baron's own account his weapon did go off -accidentally- within the castle grounds..."

Lady Azure
    .."I remember that something else happened that night. I saw that Myst fellow walking in the Tea Room while carrying a chamber pot. I thought it strange, but then he does seem like a peculiar fellow."

"Lord Boddy did have a divet in the head.. Was the chamber pot dented in at all?"

"I took great care in NOT taking in the nuances of the chamber pot," said Lady Azure pointing her nose further into the air.

The Forestwife
    "I admit that I lied about the room and weapon, but I am the murderer. It actually took place in the The Wardrobe. I waited for him to enter, then strangled him with the rope."

Marshal Buff looks at the petite damsel in green, "although you have hips that might bare a medium wide farmer's babe, you are hardly a rogue or a brute... I believe you deliberately making these outrageous confessions to protect someone... Is there someone else here working as a spy for Robin Hood?? Tell me woman!"

Buff shakes the Forestwife fiercely.

"Who is it? Is it this friar? Robin has been known to subvert simple men of the cloth..."

Lord Baron Dribblechallice
    "I saw Lord Boddy laying on the ground in bad shape. Pulling out the CROSSBOW bolt I sat there and watched him expire. There was nothing I could have done for him so I had my staff hide him in the dumb waiter."

"Why in the name of all that is Holy would you remove him from the scene of death and remove the murder weapon? That changes everything.. It takes much less strength...especially with the proper tools and a few hours training by a certain green archer.. to kill a man by crossbow.."

Marshal Buff takes the rope and begins to tie up the Forestwife.

Gold Myst
    "...But was that a chamber pot? I knew something was strange about my cup..."

Round Two Results

Lady Scarlett Suggested it Was Lord Baron Dribblechalice in the Kitchen with the Hunting Rifle. (Sir Snow reveals evidence against the claim.)
    Gold Myst Suggested it Was Sir Snow in the Servant's Room with the Battle Axe. (Sir Snow reveals evidence against the claim.)
    Sir Snow is Strangely Silent about his theories..)
    The Forestwife Suggested it Was The Forestwife in the The Wardrobe with the The Rope. (Gold Myst reveals evidence against the claim.)
    Lady Azure Suggested it Was Gold Myst in the Tea Room with the Chamber Pot. (Lady Scarlett reveals evidence against the claim.)
    Lord Baron Dribblechalice Suggested it Was The Forestwife in the Dungeon with the Crossbow. (Gold Myst reveals evidence against the claim.)

17. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    I would absolutely love to send your clues out...but unfortunately... my system crashed...and apparently... I have not saved since starting this out... Could everyone please PM me their starting clues? AND if you could send a PM to those you are supposed to whisper too...that might speed things along during this time of recouperating for me here...

18. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    Princess Cathy Blush-bashful enters the room and says in a sweet voice, guests you may ignore the last announcement from Marshall Buff Tanner, a solution has been found.

So basically no need to send those PMs, he recovered the information he needed for the game.

19. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: sorry guys, got sick and couldn't get online. i'll try to get caught up today.

:snoopy

20. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    (Ok - all systems are now go and saved... Round 2 whispers sent... We may commence with Round 3!!)

21. star-killer1

Jun 7, 2005
    sorry in a rush so I shall say:

SIR SNOW, KITCHEN, CHAMBER POT

22. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    "I see we are in for a long day," Lady Scarlett sighed, walking to the closest chair and causually sitting down. "I'm so disappointed whomever is responsible for this horrible crime hasn't confessed," she added, her eyes traveling to each occupant in the room. "That would be the honorable thing to do, after all."

"I've been trying to confess," Lord Baron Dribblechalice sniffed. "And no one will listen to me."

"That is because you are not being entirely honest in your confession," Scarlett pointed out. "It's almost as if you are trying to protect someone." Her brows furrowed together as her gaze traveled from him to the Forestwife. "You know, Martial, I thought it was just nasty gossip at first but now I'm not so sure."

"What exactly are you trying to insinuate?" The Forestwife demanded.

"I'm not insinuating anything," Scarlett huffed. "I'm only conveying information." Turning to Marital Tanner, she continued,

THE FORESTWIFE CROSSBOW TEA ROOM

23. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Lady Azure watched the scene before her and sighed loudly drawing the attention of the two annoyed woman. She didn't look at them, but instead at the martial.

"Lady Scarlett is covering something up, I'm sure," she said. "She talks with such self righteousness, as if she could never commit such an act, but I know better.

"How dare you!" Lady Scarlett exclaimed angrily.

Lady Azure ignored her. "When I served the Lady Boddy, I remember seeing her hanging about the wardrobe. And as a matter of fact, I think that's the very place he was found."

RED- WARDROBE- ARSENIC

24. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Round Three Accusations:
    Lady Scarlett Suggested it Was Forestwife in the Tea Room with the Crossbow. (Gold Myst reveals evidence against the claim.)
    Gold Myst is quiet.
    Sir Snow is quiet.
    Forestwife is quiet
    Lady Azure Suggested it Was Lady Scarlett in the Wardrobe with the Arsenic. (Lady Scarlett reveals evidence against the claim.)
    Lord Baron Dribblechallice Suggested it Was Sir Snow in the Kitchen with the Chamber Pot. (Lady Scarlett reveals evidence against the claim.)

25. star-killer1

Jun 7, 2005
    Now that I think about it Marshal I find it strange that I heard SIR SNOW in the SERVANT'S ROOM arguing with someone.
    When it started to get a little loud I went to look and the only thing I found was the ROPE laying on the bed.

SIR SNOW, SERVANT'S ROOM, ROPE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.