main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest A Northern Kentucky Fanforce

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimike421, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimike421

jedimike421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    Hello,

I would like to start this thread as a place for people in Northern Kentucky, Southwestern Indiana, and Cincinnati (there is a Fanforce there already, I was in it). I would like welcome everyone to this thread and here is a response from Sebulba-X as to how we become official, here is as follows: Start a thread here: http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10149 and see where it leads. You'll need 3 separate people to want a forum as well. Then someone from FF Global support will start a forum for you. Good luck.

So this is what it takes to become a reality and I hope we become a FanForce though quality, not quantity, through honesty and the realization that as much as we truly dearly love Star Wars, we do have lives and I hope we come together as fans and friends. Good luck and may the force be with us.

2. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Hey jedi mike,
    There is already a southern Indiana fanforce.

Check out the Evansville board here

Feel free to stop by any time. We are working on getting started now. We'd love to have you!

3. jedimike421

Mar 28, 2002
    Thanks, my wife is from E-ville, but it's like 4 hours away. Thanks for the invite though.

4. JediLupan

JediLupan Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    I would be interested in a Northern Kentucky Fanforce and I believe DarkKnightVauhn might also be interested.

5. jedimike421

Mar 28, 2002
    Welcome, you just need to contact Sebulba-X and request that they make a board for N Ky. We can discuss ideas and our first meeting. Or PM if you like.

6. jedimike421

Mar 28, 2002
    I re-read my first post in this and I put in a place for Cincinatti, what I meant was that people from Cincy are of course like all registered members of the board can post here and it sounds like I am starting a Fanforce for Cincinnati as well. That is not the case even though it may look like that.

http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10153

The above url is for the Queencity Force, Cincinnati's chapter of Fanforce. Also I am to understand that southwestern Indiana falls into the Southern Indiana Fanforce and they are based out of Evansville Indiana.

7. Hothsicle

Hothsicle Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Hello, I am from Northern Kentucky and I would like to offer what ever assistance I can in a starting a Northern Kentucky Fanforce.

8. JediLupan

JediLupan Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    Great to see you Hothsicle!

9. Theman357

Theman357 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    I would very much like to see a Northern Kentucky FanForce.

10. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    What city would you all be going to for your meetings?

11. jedimike421

Mar 28, 2002
    I would say Florence, Kentucky.

Northern Kentucky is made up of smaller communities that all come together to make Northern Kentucky. So I think we should be considered Northern Kentucky and not Florence, Kentucky. Oh well, I will just shut up. I am rambling.

12. DarkKnightVauhn

DarkKnightVauhn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    Florence would be a good one, The only others might be Newport, or maybe Covington.

The smaller communities do make choosing one city difficult. I would have to say that florence would be the best bet, that way we can still have members from the bottom of the region, like Richwood and Crittendon.

~Vauhn

13. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    do we need a city?
    why not just "Northern Kentucky"

we are a close-knit region, bastards, really, looked down upon by the southerners in Lexinton and Louisville and the Buckeyes in Cincinnati equally.

Although I plan on moving to Orlando in a few months, I will always be a Northern Kentuckian. I only tell people I'm from Cincinnati for simplicity's sake, but I always amend it with "Just across the river in Newport."
    I don't live in Newport, Southgate really, but we have the same zip code.

if we do pick a city, I say Newport. We have a nice theater here and a big red sign that says "NEWPORT" that very nicely thumbs its nose at all the poeple on the other side of the river.

:)

14. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I was just asking if you had one in mind. I'll start a Northern Kentucky for you all shortly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.