main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Path Of Your Own Choosing - OT AU - L/H, L/M, OB1, Padme, more - On Hiatus

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I'M SO GLAD YOU UPDATED!!!!!! :)

it let no hint at the person hiding behind it, because the droid would surely give it away.

Ooohhh yeah! 3PO is great at giving things away

His bulky laugher filled the area, and it looked like plan B was going to have to be improvised.

Ummmm...yeah....

Great update. I really can't wait for more.

Thanks so much for the PM!!!!

2. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    I bet Boba was very upset with himself for not picking up on the walk and to ne told by a dancer no less. What a shot to the ego. Glad to have this story updated! Thanks.@};-

3. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    yay an update[face_dancing]

That was almost like missing scenes from the cannon :) =D=

and now comes the fun part ?:confused:

4. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Nice update. Let's hope this ends up well.
    What about our dear other Darths. We haven't seen them for quite a while. And the Emperor is bound to do something too.

5. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    I'm so glad you updated! Jabba's Palace is going to be a lot more interesting this time around, methinks. Hmmmm, Leia with Force powers, and a Luke/Mara grudge (it is Mara there, isn't it?)...

Yep. I can't wait.

J_Ro

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :) [face_dancing]
    =D=
    I'm so tickled to see this updated. Thanks for PM. :D

7. pat_skywalker39

pat_skywalker39 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    I'm so happy you posted, i just love your story, keep up but please don't let it be 4 months for the next post please! [face_praying]

thanks for the pm!:cool:

8. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Anyone with a gait like that has to be female,"

Uh-oh...

9. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Yay, you skipped over all the boring bits of ROTJ :D

Can't wait for the next update now :D

10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    You know I love this fic, lady. Now, I need more!! ;)

11. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Better late than never! I've been meaning to get around to this one just because, well, you wrote it. But for some reason I never seemed have the time. So, I made the time, and it was well worth it. I read through the whole thing just now and I was great!

If you're keeping a PM list, I'd love to be on it since I definitely want to finish it.

12. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    but what?

delusions of granduer are FUN!

13. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I'm always happy to see this update. It'll be interesting to see what role Mara plays in this AU version of Jabba's palace...

14. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    UPDATE!

HAHA!

I was thinking I was going to have to mock you with Heroes spoilers from the future to get you to post!

MUHA (dont' worry I would never ever do that!)

But Awesome as usual,I loved how Mara pointed out that Boushh was a woman. Smart girl that Mara Jade...tee hee..

15. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    "Darth Elu," the station commander, Moff Jerjerrod, bowed his head, "this is an unexpected pleasure. We're honoured by your presence." Oh, dear. This could be very messy.

Elu started walking, not really sure where to at the moment, but such an act would serve to take the moff off balance again, "The Emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation."
    "But he asks the impossible," Jerjerrod whined, "I need more men."
    "Then perhaps you can tell him when he arrives," he replied keeping his smile from revealing itself.
    The man's steps faltered, "The Emperor's coming here?"
    "That is correct, Commander," Elu stopped again so he could further intimate the man, "and he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress."
    "We shall double our efforts," he answered sternly.
    "I hope so, Commander, for your sake," the Darth let a smile creep into his features, "as the Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."
    I love the canon lines, and Elu is even creepier than Vader here.

Once the droids had been given audience to Jabba, the smaller astromech projected an image of the young Jedi, and she couldn't help but smirk at the dark clothing that graced his form. How... sith of him. Mara... This is bad. Very bad. And visions of her orders from Zahn's books dance through my head...

The woman slipped away, their was much to do now that the game was in play. Yeah, it's Mara. Eep.

She then saw Threepio standing off to the side, the droid having completed his side of the mission. It was best that she had on the helmet of the bounty hunter Boushh, it let no hint at the person hiding behind it, because the droid would surely give it away. Yeah, he would.

The simple answer? Leia held up her clenched hand and revealed the item there. I love this line. Simple is good.

Boba nodded at Boushh, and while he had heard of the bounty hunter, he didn't realize that he was that clever, but then everyone had their moments. [face_laugh] Good thing he doesn't know it's Leia!

"Oh, pity," she frowned, then started to turn away, "I thought you could introduce me to her."
    Quickly his arm reached out and grabbed her, and she jerked but he held her fast, "Her?"
    "Anyone with a gait like that has to be female," with a huff she pulled away from him and stalked off.
    His gaze went over to the bounty hunter who was walking away with his credits... he had missed it the first time, he would admit to himself only. Things here were not always what they appeared.
    Mara would notice! (Plus she has the Force to help.) Wonder why he didn't? But there are female bounty hunters. Hmm.. interesting question I'm going to have to think about.

Sighing, she made her way stealthy through the main room as she was oblivious to the gathering just beyond. Of course, she might be lucky and they not be waiting for her, or maybe they will allow this charade to go through far enough for her to escape with Han. If not, plan B. And then a plan C, plan D, etc.

Her heart broke to see him hanging up there, permanently frozen in pain. It was because of her that he was in this mess, would he be able to forgive her? There was also his cryptic reply to her declaration of love on Bespin... :D

/ I imagine so, Jedi, / his sticky tongue slithered out and almost brushed her face, causing her to choke back throwing up. / Good bounty on you, but even better for those coming for you. / Uh-oh. Mara had something to do with that. I'm not liking this development one bit.

His bulky laugher filled the area, and it looked like plan B was going to have to be improvised. Improvised?! I have the feeling that's the understatement of the era.

Well, things could be worse, he supposed, after all, it was Leia who came after him and she had admitted her love for him. But then where was the backup? Why was it just her and why didn't she pull any Force hocus pocus to save them from the situation at hand? Because she has a plan. Well, she did.

It only took a few words from the Wookiee be

16. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Yay! ROTJ!

"Anyone with a gait like that has to be female," with a huff she pulled away from him and stalked off.

:D Leia does have a rather distinctive walk...

17. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Well, jeepers. [face_blush] I read your last chapter, and it was sooo good, I just wish I could remember the REST of the story, without having to go reread the entire thing! [face_hypnotized] *sighs*

PT is old and has oldtimers, you know. Daily (or weekly, even) updates would be appreciated... [face_batting]

18. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    more soon :)

19. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    Too short!
    Guess you'll just have to update again soon to make up for it. :p

20. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Great update!

AG88

21. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Whoo! Things are moving along quite nicely! Can't wait to read more!

22. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    To paraphrase Han, "I'm out of it for a little bit and all my favorite fics are updated!" ;)

Speaking of Han, I enjoyed his take and POV on the situation. I felt like I was sensory reading between the noises and scents...very much like our guy Han was getting through the situation on his own. :)

Great cuts to the different plot threads and I'm of course beaming to see Mara there in the shadows. :D

Exciting start for RotJ. =D=

23. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    still here still looking forward to more!

24. pat_skywalker39

pat_skywalker39 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2004
  25. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    DaenaBenjen42 - Yes she is, and kinda evil too. ;)

RebelMom - Thanks! Sorry about the delays, my muse was killed but I hired another! :D

SWpants666 - Thanks! :D 3PO just can't help himself... ;)

JEDIFLYSWATTER - LOL, poor Boba, ;) I'm sure he'll get over it, he's going ot have bigger problems to deal with. :D

tasujad - Yes, the fun part... I hope I do justice! [face_thinking]

Darth_Kripp - Yeah, about those other Darths... [face_whistling] ;)

Jaded_Rose - I had a hard time with this part... so many different ways to play it... trying to stay true to the story but at the same time fitting with what I made in this AU... argh, I hope it works!!

Jade_eyes - Thanks! Glad you liked it!

pat_skywalker39 - Um... four months... I didn't really intend it to happen that way, man, you got Jedi Forsight!! :eek:
    forgive me?

Golden_Jedi - Pretty much ;)

Spike2002 - There were boring bits? :confused:

ginchy - Hey, I finally updated, now how about you???

Darth_Marrs - Welcome aboard! Sorry that I kinda disappeared from it... too busy reading your fic. :p

maramijade - Indeed they are! :D

StarFighter5 - We shall see... you know how I love to pull a fast one... ;)

jade51999 - I think you might be that evil... [face_whistling]

Independence1776 - Elu is even creepier than Vader here - Really? Cool! You're going to love Elu later then... :D
    Luke is, well, Luke - Indeed he is... and that means not so smooth sailing ahead...
    Thanks for reading!! :)

JadeLotus - She does, doesn't she, esp when she is sneaking over to Han... ;)

PonyTricks - Um... oops... sorry!!! [:D]

JediFalcon - Blame my muse... DelRey killed her!! :(

MagnusPrimal - Or how about a really good sized update? :D [face_batting]

academygrad88 - Thanks!! :d

AvenKiel - Thanks! Hopefully the next update won't be so long in coming...

MirandaFair - Nice one girl! hehehe
    And thanks, I love Han in this as well, poor boy has to do everything in the dark... just makes you want to hug him!
    And as for Mara.. um... [face_shhh]

OMG, can it be... yes... update within 24 hours!! I hope all my wonderful readers can forgive me!!! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.