main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Path Of Your Own Choosing - OT AU - L/H, L/M, OB1, Padme, more - On Hiatus

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Please pm me when you update this.

EG

2. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Sorry this is a long time coming... but my muse was killed by DelRey and it is so hard to find replacements these days! I want to once again thank all my wonderful readers who have been sticking with this this long time! Hopefully by the time we get to the end... it will be worth it! @};-

Chapter 31

"You will take me to Jabba now," he pressed against the Twi'lek's mind, turning the suggestion into an undeniable request.

Bib Fortuna blinked a few times, then gestured for him to follow.

"You serve your master well," he added, plying more force into the suggestion, "and you will be rewarded."

Entering the audience chamber, he pulled the hood of his cloak back and quickly surveyed the room. His attention was first brought to his sister sitting at the foot of Jabba's pedestal. A force-inhibiting collar was latched around her neck, explaining why she had suddenly become mute to him, but that did not bother him nearly as much as Jabba's choice of clothing for his little sister.

You tend not to notice certain things when it comes to family members, but when had his sister become so much of a woman? The revealing metal top was little more than a few pieces of burgundy cloth held together by metal and chain. The same held true for the skirt which was two long strips of the same cloth, draped from her waist off of a metal belt.

He tried not to let his disproval show through, he needed to keep all the advantages that he could.

Glancing back up, he saw Jabba shove away his servant. Quickly, he spoke up, "I must be allowed to speak."

Bib repeated his request and this time Jabba pushed the Twi'lek to the ground, / You weak-minded fool. He is using a Jedi mind trick. /

So the Hutt lord was well informed, which would explain him having a Force collar handy, Luke focused, "You will bring Captain Solo and the Wookiee to me."

/ Your mind powers will not work on me, boy. / the bluberous Hutt laughed.

Taking a deep breath, he was just going to have to do this the hard way. "Nevertheless, I'm taking Captain Solo and his friends. You can either profit by this... or be destroyed. It's your choice, but I warn you not to underestimate my powers."

Fleetingly he considered what his master would say if he heard him say such things but his sister and her love was at stake here, as well a good friend, he would do whatever it took.

/ There will be no bargain, young Jedi. I shall enjoy watching you die. / with that his large hand came down on a console and Luke felt the floor fall out underneath him.

With a grunt, he fell, using the Force to take most of the impact so that he didn't lose a leg in the process. Seconds later there was metal creaking and he turned to see a large metal blast door open up to allow a Rancor to lumber through.

Okay, this wasn't part of the plan.

The large beast, not exactly a native of Tatooine, swiped its clawed hand at him and Luke dived back. A quick glance up showed that he would receive no exit from the way he came as a large grate now covered the opening. The Rancor came closer and with Jedi speed he sidestepped the deadly claws, ducking under a small outcrop of rock in the underground chamber. Taking a deep breath, he gathered the Force around him and pushed...

With a howl the Rancor stumbled back and crashed against the wall, and Luke took his chance and made for a small door in the inner chamber. Slapping the release the door slid open, but a secondary grate blocked his way, and Jabba's guards laughed at him.

It would have been simple to just start using the Force, throwing everyone around like dolls, but that could get his friends killed, there were innocents in the Palace, also, Leia wouldn't be able to help as much without the Force, and Han would be ill from the hibernation sickness...

Taking a deep breath he let his mind focus, when he was calm the Force would answer his plea for help. Light flickered too his right and he took his eyes off the Rancor long enough to see the release for the blast door that cut the

3. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Awesome story and awesome update.

Thanks for the PM, really looking forward to the rest of this.

EG

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm glad you have a new muse. I think Luke is going to get an earful from Leia.

5. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

6. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Your muse was killed by DelRey? Oh, RedGold... [:D]

Loved the update, especially with Luke force nudging Mr. Fortuna at the start there.

Well done. :)

7. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Yep--a little annoyed with the muse killing machine myself.

But i'm glad about the update!

ROTJ here we come!

8. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Great to see this story back again!

9. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Mind your feelings, young Luke. The Dark Side of the Force is lurking around your heart.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello, RG!!! :* for your new muse!! [face_dancing]

I liked this:

The skiff jerked and he stumbled back, but Leia guided him onto one of the metal seats. After a moment she curled up with him and he wrapped his arms around
    her.

"Umm, Leia," his hands travelled just slightly trying to find non-bare skin, "what are you wearing?"

I would. LOL [face_love]

Think that's Mara watching there at the end and it's the Sith that's winning. [face_worried] [face_worried]
    Hmmmm. Leia and Padme are gonna give Luke what-for I just know it. [face_laugh] Whee!!! :D

11. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    You tend not to notice certain things when it comes to family members, but when had his sister become so much of a woman?

[face_laugh] Well...I'd hope he wouldn't notice that about Leia in this ;)

She frowned in disgust as she saw a suppression collar placed on Luke's neck as well

Well...that might be a problem later on.

Or not. Glad to see I'm wrong :D He's just acrobatic like a lot of Jedi are.
    Or was it taken off?

Loved the update. That was great. I hope your muse allows you to update more and doesn't get killed off again :)

12. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Great update, Red.

Looking forward to getting back to the main storyline now :D

13. motoish

motoish Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2005
    Whos winning exactly. The twins or the Sith?

14. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    LOL! Leave it to Han! :D

And, of course, I love Luke. Even if he's touching the Dark Side a lil' bit (and I don't mean Mara)! [face_laugh]

15. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    About time. Very nice retelling of the best ROTJ scene. Gotta love princesses in slave girl costumes. Han certainly did.

16. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Yay for the update. And thanks for the PM.

17. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Great post, and Han's trying to be a gentlemen but can't find clothing.

If he seen what the hut did to her, I wonder how he would react?

More soon

18. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    What a great update, RedGold!

I'm so happy to see this back. The timing and the speed was just right. :D Got to love the action bits. And our Luke is cute...is he not?

I loved this part:

the bluberous Hutt laughed.

Great description!

and:

A lone figure watched as the skiff carrying the Jedi Twins sped off across the dunes... and she could only think one thought...

They were winning.

Even without a single word our Mara has a whole lot of presence!

Cannot wait for the next chapter. :D

19. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Leia should be happy that everyone got out of there in one piece. Okay Chewie took a hit but it could of been alot worst. I just remember thinking to myself in ROTJ that Luke was kicking some gangster butt! I liked that scene. Mara is very complex in your story. I am not sure if she really wants Luke's team to win or if she wants him to join Palpatine's group. Her loyalties really seem very confused. Wonderful post and welcome back to your muse.@};- Thanks!

20. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    Nice update. Thank you for the pm.
    You should probably avoid Del Rey, try to keep this muse in good shape!

21. cggunnersmate

cggunnersmate Jedi Master star 1

Jul 24, 2007
    I found this fic yesterday and read the whole thing and I really love this AU fic! I really hope your muse is in full inspire mode as I'm now starving for the rest of your story! I too now wonder what Mara meant by "They were winning." Initially I thought she meant Luke/Leia were winning but after reading others' comments and thinking back on her musings of Luke, his black attire and they way he dealt with Jabba that she may have meant the Sith were winning, that Luke was closer to turning. If by "they" she meant Palpy and herself then that would suggest the mission Palpy had for her was to seduce Luke, he must have sensed her growing connection to him and thought it an acceptable risk to possibly lose Mara for the chance at turning Luke.

I can kind of guess where this will go in the rest of ROTJ though I do wonder how the end will play out on the Death Star II. Luke versus Palpy plus four junior Sith seems even more of a mis-match than him VS Palpy and Vader. Hmmm, maybe Mara will just have to come to his rescue at the end. I'd like it if Kyle could be re-deemed since I think he's a great character (having played the Dark Forces and Jedi Knight games) and woefully under utilized in the EU novels.

Please, please, please add me to your PM list RG! I dare not miss any updates to this story.

22. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    sorry for the late review [face_blush]
    "Umm, Leia," his hands travelled just slightly trying to find non-bare skin, "what are you wearing?" Best line ever. I think it would have worked great in the film too

23. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Sorry I haven't replied earlier- I've been busy.

Umm... should I be worried? I know what happens in canon, but this is an AU....

Yes, Luke will definitely get a talking to from Leia about his behavior. Of course, he somewhat deserves it.

Wonderful writing!

24. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I am catching up with my reading. Wonderful update. I look forward to reading more. Hopefully it won't take me a month to read it. Sorry about the slow response.

AG88

25. cggunnersmate

cggunnersmate Jedi Master star 1

Jul 24, 2007
    UP, UP, UP! I hope you've found a new muse RedGold as this is too good a story to end now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.