main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Phoenix from the Ashes - L/M, H/L COMPLETED! New Fic Announcement

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    WICKED POST LP~!

and yay! mara will keep her hand! YAY~

2. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Great job with the story, LadyPadme. Those last chapters were nail-biting! Glad everyone got through okay. And only one chapter left? :_| It's almost over! What will we do then?

3. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Only one chapter to go! I know we will get to find out if Winter has a boy or a girl. If there is to be no sequel, hopefully we will get to find out what the Solos are having too. I was definitely pleasantly surprised to see that Artoo saved the day once again, and that Jen knew that Xan had killed her father. I don't think the galaxy will have to worry too much about her, at least for a little while. I am most pleased that Han and Leia will get to raise their kids again. :)

4. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Great post.

Since her hand wasn't severed, therapy shouldn't be that difficult with bacta.

So, the last post will be -I'm guessing- Luke and Mara's wedding?

Does this mean another story is forthcoming with more of Darth Jen? Ohhhh, here's a scary thought. She's now a Sith. And, since she's killed Xan, there's room for her to take a Sith apprentice of her own now as there are always two.

Jen seems to have become seriously evil. Even Xan seemed frightened by her at the end. Say, as they now have Xan's body, an autopsy would likely prove interesting. They could see what physiological effects use of the Dark Side has on human tissue and organs. (The Dark Side seemed to have done a Keith Richards number on Palpatine. Seeing what Xan's body tissues are like should be interesting).

As for Jen, she has definitely gone all out Sith. She's as evil as Palpatine easily. She's [b[NOT[/b] as evil as Martha Stewart yet though. ALmost, but not quite. :D

Interesting that she knew from the start that Xan killed her father. Her kid is in for one highly traumatic childhood. Maybe Luke can rescue her son somehow before his fate is permanently marked for the Dark Side. Of course, that will seriously piss Jen off. But...that's kind of like a bucket of water into the Atlantic.

Can't wait for Thursday's post.

BTW, LP, what did you think of those behind the scenes shots in Empire of Dreams where you see David Prowse actually speaking Vader's lines and Peter Mayhew speaking Chewbacca's? That was interesting, wasn't it? Prowse makes Vader sound like a petulant man smothering under a mask. LOL

What about those screentests? How would Kurt Russell or Christoper Walken have fared as Han Solo? LOL

I still think Mark Hamill is the greatest. He seems to still have such enthusiasm for the whole thing. Interesting that he did almost all his own stunts in the trilogy.

5. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Awww, Mara still has her hand. I was actually kind of anticipating a "no hand club" bonding. Mara and Luke could swap advice on repairs, get matching gloves.

Only one more post!!! *gasp* Oh, dear!

6. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Posts!

7. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    How evil is Jen?

She's in the same category as Martha Stewart, Mister Burns, Karl Rove, Dubya, Dick Cheney, Lex Luthor and The Joker. :D

8. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

GreatOne: Glad you like the way things have turned out :)

jade51999: Yeah, talk about Mommy Dearest :p

maramijade: It would be fun to witness a mechanical arm wrestling match between the two of them, wouldn't it? ;)

Jedi-2B: Sequel? Haven't I written enough? :eek:

JediArwen: So...you had a happy three chapters but I got NO GREEK TREATS??? :mad: [face_not_talking] :p j/k, how have you been? :p

dm1: Definitely, Artoo is the true hero of the entire Star Wars saga!

Calgary: I liked Jen too much to knock her off! :D

LaYa_: Penultimate! Wow, that's a great SAT word! :p

Jedi-BMK: The whole Phoenix thing was actually Han and Leia's relationship, which was pretty much ash at the end of the Jade Prophecy. Also, that the galaxy was restored to proper rule again.

KnightedRogue: Thank you! I'm so glad you liked the battle sequences! I was a bit unsure about them, but I'm glad it worked out :)

flowerbee: Sequels??? Who's spreading these rumors around? :eek:

JSM: Jen is most definitely alive... [face_devil]

BA: You'll find out what happened to Exar and Jen in the next post...

Leia: You know stalwart little Artoo doesn't care who gets the credit. He just wants to do his job right. That's what makes him so great :)

HerHighness33: Glad to know that you've been vindicated :D

HanSolo29: The Sith just have that bad habit of disappearing...and coming back when they're least expected or welcomed ;)

RebelMom: Did you WANT Mara to have a matching prosthetic hand??

Mirax-Jade: * hugs back *

StarFighter5: Thanks! I'm so glad you didn't think the end of the fight was a cop out! :)

JAGSGURL15: Thank you!

KnightAragorn: There are plenty of wonderful fanfics out there to read, but thank you!

SoloFan: So...are you satisfied with the end result of all the angst I put H/L through?

TorontoJediMaster: Martha Stewart is evil? I would say maybe she's venial, but not evil.

- And it's impossible to imagine the original trilogy in the hands of anyone else other than the three who carried the day.

- And no, Luke will not rescue Jen's child. That kid is marked for a lifetime of Sithdom.

AvenKiel: For some reason the swapping advice on hand maintenance cracks me up [face_laugh]

Kab730: Thank you!

Last post tomorrow!

9. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Umm, confession time? I'm waaaaaaaay behind. Yep, that's right. :D Between, college work, reading, writing, etc. I let this story slip past my fingers. I promise i'll catch up, :) before i head back to college.

Can i have the Luke/Mara pms?

10. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    You've seen some of those projects she's done?

You're telling me that isn't an evil mind behind that?

11. skywalker4life

skywalker4life Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2004
    Only one more post??? :eek: Noooooo!!!!:_|

I really liked these past few posts. The battle scenes were very vivid and nerve-racking. Thanks to you, I have no nails left at the moment! But my favourite part was the twist of Jen killing Xan in the end. Definitely was not expecting that one.

I'm sad... Only one more post?? Do I hear a sequel coming on? [face_praying]

12. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Only one more post to go? :_|
    Glad the Jaina, Leia and Mara are going to be okay.
    But I'm wondering about Jen getting away......
    Is there to be a sequel? I really hope so.

*green_eyes*

13. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Hi again, I just wanted to tell you, Lady Padme that kayladie is at my house visiting me this week, and I know she read this chapter yesterday and didn't leave feedback for it yet, so when she finally does leave it, you should.....maybe....not leave a respone for her or something [face_laugh]

we are having lots so SW fun.

*green_eyes*

Edit: waves to kayladie. Yes, I beat you again. Haven't you learned that I am just faster than you. :p

14. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I have to post this fast, cause I've been staying over at green_eyes' house for the past few days and she is busting me for not giving FB! [face_blush]

I have loved every bit of this story even if I was slack about telling you so. For someone who is primarily a H/L lover, you have a wonderful grasp of Luke and Mara's characters. :)

I am hoping that since Jen seems to have gotten off scot free that we will be seeing more of this at a later date? *hint huge hint*

I loved her knowing all along that Xan was the one who killed her father and her just using him for her own purposes. Now the question is, did she REALLY get rid of Exar Kun's presence or is he just biding his time? Either way, this cannot be good for our heroes!

Loved the little bit with Leia, Mara, Han and Luke in the infirmary. I liked how Mara was startled at being called aunt...I wonder if she'd be able to get used to being called mama? ;)

Loved this story, LP and I am sad to see it coming to an end!

Edit: Oh, shavit, she beat me to it... :p

15. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Great almost-conclusion, Jieh. It's good to see Xan gone, and even better to see that you didn't take any of our main characters with him. :p Can't wait to see the final post. :D

16. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

jacen200015: Just how far back behind are you? Which PM chapters are you talking about?

TorontoJediMaster: Martha is my cousin's idol. She's counting the days until she's out of prison!

skywalker4life: Sorry about the nails. Know any good manicurists? :p

green_eyes: How cool that you and kayladie hang out together!

kayladie97: You know I'm always grateful for feedback whenever it comes. Just glad that you were still reading and liked the story :)

Mei: Silly Mei! You've read most of the last chapter already!! :p

Last post coming right up!

17. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Chapter Eighty-Three

(From the Galactic Associated Press)

Omas Wins Election

[Coruscant, Core Sector] Last minute Alderaanian contender for New Republic Presidency Cal Omas has won tonight?s election in a surprising landslide victory over Borsk Fey?lya. Six weeks ago, outgoing President Leia Organa Solo shocked the galaxy when she made the announcement before the Senate that she would not run for re-election but was backing her fellow Alderaanian Cal Omas, who was then Senator to the New Republic from New Alderaan, to run in her place, while she pursued plans to establish diplomatic relations with disaffected star systems that defected to the Empire during the recent war.

The main political opposition was Borsk Fey?lya of Bothawui, who was once an aide of assassinated President Mon Mothma, and leader of the Bothan faction of the Rebel Alliance that provided the stolen blueprints to the second Death Star, which was instrumental in allowing the Alliance to overthrow the Empire and establish the New Republic. He had served in several Senate Committees following Mon Mothma?s assassination and had been a very vocal and critical opponent of President Leia Organa Solo, especially during the recent war effort against the Empire.

Due to the short time span between the announcement of Omas? candidacy to the elections, it had been predicted that the race would be a tight one; however, with President Organa Solo?s full endorsement, especially coming on the heels of a decisive victory against the Empire just three months ago, popular sentiment was with President Organa Solo and they voted accordingly. However, despite the fact that Omas has won 84% of the popular vote with 52% of galactic precincts reporting in, Fey?lya?s camp has refused to concede defeat, citing the need to count all absentee ballots and their desire to investigate the propriety of election day proceedings throughout the galaxy, charging that they believe in several Regions, voters were coerced into voting for Omas through Organa Solo?s Jedi mind tricks.

Notwithstanding the charges, Omas as the new President of the New Republic is expected to take office in four weeks and is expected to continue President Organa Solo?s policies on?

Jedi Knighting Ceremony

[Yavin IV, Outer Rim Sector] Five years after the establishment of the new Jedi Academy on the recently disclosed location of Yavin IV, six Jedi students known as padawans have been knighted in a grand ceremony in the main auditorium of the ancient Massassi complex that has served to house the students of the Academy since its inception.

Officiating at the Knighting ceremonies was Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and former President of the New Republic, Jedi Master Leia Organa Solo.

The six new Knights of the New Republic are: Dr. Sestin Acktan of Mon Calamari, Van Garett of Fondor, Mara Jade of Coruscant, Ryesa Senturi of Ryloth, Tionne of Rindao and Shuli Wry of Cerea.

Knights Acktan, Jade and Tionne have announced their plans to remain at the Academy as instructors, while Knights Garett, Senturi and Wry will start field work on behalf of the New Republic, and have been assigned to the newly created office of Jedi Affairs.

In attendance during today?s Knighting ceremony were President of the New Republic, Cal Omas, General Han Solo (ret) of the Third Fleet, Tescor Reek of the Galactic Bureau of Investigation, General Rieekan of the Fourth Fleet?

Announcements: Births

Lieutenant Colonel Tycho Celchu (36) of the New Republic Armed Forces and his wife Winter D?Altaire Celchu (32), formerly aide to ex-President Leia Organa Solo, have announced the birth of their daughter Ralia this morning in the Senate Medical Center. This is the first child for both Celchus and mother and daughter are reported to be doing well.

News Feature: Investigative Reports

[Bastion, Capital Sector, Galactic Imperial Space] Within several major banking capitals throu

18. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Yes, boys and girls, this is the end. And I mean the end. I?ve been working on this series for over two years, all the way from Of Spies and Sabacc back in October of 2002. I know I?ve left the ending open for a sequel in the future, but I have no immediate plans to write any more of this. For now, let?s just all be glad that I got our heroes through their trials and tribulations and that they?re happy :p

In any case, I couldn?t have made it through this far without the support of all of you readers (and lurkers!), so, in order of your appearance on this thread, I?d like to thank all of you:

EmilieDarklighter: * waves to little sister * My first poster! Thanks for reading. :)

JediStarMoonstruck: Suncrushers aside it was great to have you and Haruko?s guitar along for the ride ;)

HanSolo29: You?ve been one of my most loyal readers since the days of Of Spies and Sabacc. Thanks so much for sticking around so long!

J_M_Bulldog: * hands sticker to reader who posted more than anyone else in the story * Thank you for your enthusiasm. It?s been fun having you along and ?hearing? you lecture the characters ;)

RebelMom: Another loyal reader from the days of OSAS. Thanks so much for your enthusiasm and encouragement all this time * sends some cyber chocolate *

Gabri_Jade: To my evil twin and wonderful beta reader?thank you, thank you, thank you for all your support and encouragement and plain wonderful common sense. I really think I?d never have been able to get through these last two stories without you and your insights on *cough*yourself *cough* Mara Jade ;) [:D] [face_love] * sends crate of cyber Diet Coke and Doritoes *

TiaRaye: A fellow H/L lover?thank you so much for sticking it out through some painful times with our beloved couple :)

LaYa_: To my Portuguese friend, thank you so much for your enthusiasm and interest and thanks so much for getting your mom to read this! This is definitely a first for me and I was really very, very flattered [:D]

GreatOne: To a Mary Sue who doesn?t write Mary Sues: thanks so much for reading and for your enthusiasm. You were so often the first person to post, and it was always so nice to see your comments right after I posted. Thanks!

CodeNameTargeter: Thanks so much for coming in to read.

JediArwen: To my dear friend and supplier of Greek treats: thanks so much for reading. It was always so much fun to have you around scolding for angsty posts and sending out delicious pastries for the mushy ones. Thanks so much!

Jayden112233: Thank you for coming in to read. It?s been great having you along!

StarFighter5: It?s also been great having you along. Just like you readers like dependable post schedules, I love dependable readers who are such a great support like you were! [:D]

Jedi-2B: Michelle, thanks so much for reading. It?s been great having you along and quite flattering how carefully you read ;) :p Seriously, though, it?s a compliment to know that you?re interested enough to pay attention and enthusiastic enough to be such a wonderful poster :)

Jedi_Liz: Thanks for reading!

Calgary: To another fellow H/L lover: thank you so much for sticking it out through thick and thin with our favorite couple! ;)

kayladie97: Thanks for coming in from lurkdom; it?s been great having you around ? and seeing what posts would pull you out of the woodwork! :p

Solo_but_not_alone: Thank

19. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    For your completed story I can only say one thing -

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

For your upcoming story I can only say one thing -

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

THANK YOU FOR WRITING SUCH A WONDERFUL STORY!!!!!!!

20. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Wonderful Series LP!
    Awesome Job, i'm glad I was able to peek in from time to time and see your brilliance.

and the new one looks hilarious!! (Lots of Leia Han Angst)

LOL

21. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Around when Mon Mothma was assasinated. From there i have just been taking peeks. I know there's a L/M pm because i copied and pasted the story onto a word document so i can read it faster.

22. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Mara Jade had worked in an unofficial governmental capacity for several years under Emperor Palpatine. I just love that description of her previous occupation, sort of reminds me of Han & Leia's marriage announcement, where you described Han's smuggling days as "running an independent business!"

Your new idea sounds very intriguing and fun. Posing as a married couple is not a new idea, but having to really be legally married, well, that's something else!
    Edit: Like the name Visuvius, reminds me of a volcano; highly appropriate, since I get the feeling there will be eruptions (of temper, anyway)!

Now that this wonderful story is done, are you going to finish "Out to Win?" I'd love to see how that turns out. Edit: Also "Dancing in Pescopine Bay" sounded like a good one, too.

Great job, LP, loved the birth announcements over the years. Winter named her daughter Ralia, that was sweet. Jen is still going strong and will train her son in the Darkside. She used a Sith mind trick to get the money out of the bank, didn't she?

I'm so glad Han & Leia are back together, running around the galaxy with their children. So they have an Anakin Solo now, good. This was a great story, even with the H/L angst, makes us appreciate their love even more.

Please let us know when the next story is up!

23. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Here I am, reviewing for the last time this story.. :( I had already read the chapter , one hour ago or so... But had to go to school (actually, I didn't post my review because my father was just asking : "Are you coming to school or not?" :p And well, if I wanted to hitch-hike with him, I had to hurry up... it was what I did :p ).

The chapter was wonderful! As the whole story was. :) But Jen stills alive... hmmm [face_thinking] . Well, I hope one day you decide to write a sequel to this one! I'll definitely be around ;) .

To my Portuguese friend, thank you so much for your enthusiasm and interest and thanks so much for getting your mom to read this! This is definitely a first for me and I was really very, very flattered

[:D] You're very welcome! [:D] You're one of my favourite writers of fanfiction (well, maybe the best) and I loved to read your stories! And I will continue reading the stories you post, in the future.

By the way, I told my mother today you're going to post the last chapter of the story, I think she'll come here tonight (She has been feeling a little ill this week [face_plain] ).

As for the new story... lol, I'm going to love it, I'm sure. It looks hilarious! Can't wait for it! :D

You said it may be a considerable time until you post it on the Saga board... well, maybe, while I wait, I'll finally get more concentrated on my own stories :p

(I should have said 'School' instead of 'Stories' :p ).

Once again, fantastic quadrilogy :D And fantastic story, this one ;)

24. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    To answer your question "KÖSZÖNÖM" means thank you in Hungarian. :)

And thank you for the many happy hours of reading this wonderful story.

YUPPEE!! All of my favorite characters survived the story ! ;)

GREAT! =D= =D=

Zsuzsa

25. WILFBIRD

WILFBIRD Jedi Master star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    Thank you so much for your wonderful story. I'm so glad that all the favourites made it through in one piece (kinda).

Love the start to the new ficcie!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.