main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A princess in his arms (vignette featuring Bail Organa)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi Anne , Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Title: A princess in his arms
    Author(s): Obi Anne
    Timeframe: shorty after ep.III
    Characters: Bail Organa
    Genre: vignette
    Keywords: emotion
    Summary: The first meeting between Bail Organa and Leia
    Notes:

******A princess in his Arms**********

He had gone into the room as silent as he could, in order not to wake the woman who lay in the bed. She was beautiful, so he had always thought, but now her face was pale and her curls, who usually were put up in some complicated fashion, were felted together. She was exhausted, she didn?t sleep because she needed the recreation, she slept because her body hadn?t been able to support her anymore. She had been drained of her energy, and he could only hope that her condition wasn?t as serious as it looked. She had collapsed and they carried her back to her bed in the starship, but she wasn?t his main concern. He had sneaked in here to make sure that the baby was ok, even though the mother wasn?t strong enough to take care of her.

As careful as if he was lifting a box filled with crystal sculptures, he took the baby into his arms and carried her away to other end of the room, where a whisper wouldn?t wake the frail woman in the bed. He wasn?t careful enough though, the baby opened an eye, waked by the sudden movement. She didn?t cry though, could she know that they had to be silent? That her mother needed to sleep.
    - Hello, Leia, Bail Organa said when he thought she looked at him with the intriguing eyes of a baby. She was a little miracle Bail realised, her small hand clutching one of his fingers. A little miracle born into an unsteady galaxy, a galaxy ripped apart by civil war. It was amazing that she had been born, and everything about her was so perfect. Her tiny fingers had nails on them, eyelids were protected by small lashes. It was hard to imagine that this little baby-girl would be a danger to the Empire, this little baby that he held in his arms, would she be able to one day defeat the Emperor and bring back the republic.

Obi-Wan had thought so, or at least either she or her brother would do it, that?s why it had been so important to split the siblings up. Obi-Wan had taken the boy and brought him to Tatooine, and now Bail Organa stood here with the girl in a ship that swirled through hyperspace, hurrying to the safety of Alderaan. At first Bail had just agreed on taking Padmé and the girl to Alderaan and hide them there, but now when he held Leia in his arms, heard her breathing and the small noises of a baby that was about to fall asleep he realised the he loved this little child. It didn?t matter that he wasn?t her biological father, he knew in his heart that emotionally he would be as close to her as a father ever could. He would bring her up in the royal palace in Aldera, she would be his princess, and he would teach her everything he knew about life on Alderaan and Coruscant. He was glad that Padmé had chosen a name for her that was original, but still it wouldn?t sound strange to Alderaanian traditions either.

Little Leia, he thought, if you are anything like your mother you will grow up to be one of the most fabulous women in this galaxy. But what did she have from her father? Would she be able to use the Force? The boy had been strong, otherwise Obi-Wan wouldn?t have taken him with him, but he didn?t know about Leia. Deep in his heart he wished that Leia wasn?t strong in the Force, without anyone being able to teach her about it, he was afraid that she would, she would...

He didn?t even dare to think the thought to its end, this little helpless baby, no she would never turn into a monster like Vader, she would remain innocent and goodhearted, at least as long as he would be under his protection.

Padmé started to moan silently, and Bail turned towards her. He sat down on the bed and stroke her chin to calm her again. She had lost everything in such a short period of time, her husband, her son, even her name. From now on Amidala was dead, and for the rest of her life she would have to hide away in order to protect her children. H

2. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    awwwww that is so sweet!!! Wow, I love the perspective of Bail as a father of a baby... so deep!!!

3. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    awww! that's really adorable! I've never really read a Bail/Leia story, and this one was great!

4. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    That was really beautiful. Very nice insight on Bail.
    Great story

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    A lovely vignette. I liked that he grew to love Leia so quickly - I remember falling for my kids almost the second they were born. He will be a great father to her and love her well.

Good job.

6. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    As I've already told you, I love this little vignette! Cute, and sad at the same time...

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Thanks a lot everybody. This was the fastes fic that I've ever written. It all came to me when I was walking home from the bus, and then I just had to sit down and write it, and I didn't have to change much in it either.

I just love writing about the people outside of the big characters. :)

8. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Obi Anne, I just adore your vignettes! They are about the simplest things (well, the ones I've read, anywé) but they come out leaving very powerful emotions. Great job!

--Yané

9. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Excellent vignette, Obi Anne. I really enjoyed reading it. I love reading fics that feature Bail and Leia together. It was a treat reading this one. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.