main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Resolution Between Shadows and Light--RotS AU, Updated 6/28!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SakuraTsukikage, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Darth_Kripp: Thanks! :D I really want Sidious to seem Machiavellian in this story, so I'm glad that's coming across. And you're right--as always, Sidious's overconfidence is his weakness ;). Sure thing!

BrightFeather: :( Poor Quin. But he does know all about lying Sith. ;)

ZebulaNebula: I really am going for the master manipulator with Sidious. Yeah, Ventress is back. Obi-Wan certainly has the motivation!

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, wow, an update! That Sith lord is so - evil! Great update. Poor Quinlan Vos.

3. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Sidious is so nasty! :mad: Ventress too. :mad: They've got to go. [face_skull]

And poor Obi-Wan is going into a trap..... [face_worried]

4. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    No! Bad Vos! Take that back!

I wonder what Palpatine's planning to do next?

Great post!

5. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Oh, *oh*, just before I can let myself check out this latest ficage installment - and I'm fairly in fits of wild anticipation over it, let me tell you, and the temptation to just dive right into it straightaways, darn well irresistible, that's what :) - but at the same time, well, such a fabuloso and awesome genius authoress is of course only the utmost deserving of her feedback....you've every right and reason, every expectation of it, after all, and certainly I just wanted to let you know, then....give you that feedback so richly and dearly deserved on the last bit, to be sure, that positively awesome little space battle sequence, and you know I surely did lurve it in any case....it's probably that obvious, then, eh? ;) :D But, ye-es....suffice it to say, then, *so* loved that entire mad dash through space, certainly due in no small part to the fact that, once again, Anakin's just showing *everybody* how it's done, big-time, just what the galaxy's best and greatest pilot around, *ever*, can really do....

In other words, yep, he's just clearly taking 'em to school, then, as the saying goes, and no doubt about it....and then, too, one definitely gets the sense that even under those incredibly dire circumstances, with these star destroyers bearing down on them, knowing that they're vastly outnumbered and no doubt seriously outgunned, and the ods thus are not perhaps stacked in their favour....still, though, for all that, Anakin's not one to shy away from the challenge, and all's I know is that once he's at the helm of that ship, flying and dodging like that, even going nose-to-nose with a star destroyer like that, haranguing and harassing a much larger vessel by *far* with just the most unconventional, unpredictable and thoroughly audacious tactics around, *period*....it just seems, somehow, that it's like - Anakin's right where he should be, right where perhaps he feels so at home, where he feels *right*, to be sure....no matter what else is wrong, after all, at least this much is *right*....

Sitting at the helm of a ship, taking it exactly where he wants it to go, exercising all his range of skill, prowess, instinct and speed, and just that sheer breathtaking sense of *nerve* and daring about him, really, in thus being at the helm and taking on maneuvers that most any other pilot wouldn't think of in even their dizziest daydreams, much less ever dare attempt....aahhh, but then, this is only what it means for him to indeed be the galaxy's greatest pilot, to be known and heralded for it, after all, and with *most* excellent reason besides....and all's I know is that it's a real joy to see him once more tackling it, too - perhaps even more so under those circumstances, I mean, given all that he'd already been through.... Maybe for the time being, anyway, he could derive at least some comfort or assurance in the fact that - *this* was something he knew well, knew and could do the very *best*....to pilot, to fly....

And maybe it helped him feel at least a little better, too, gave him that much-needed shot of confidence, bolstering courage and so forth....heck, anything that could do that, firm his resolve and give him even more surety and strength, well - that's *only* to be counted a good thing, then, beyond a doubt. :) And oh, yes, of *course* you know I simply have to mention this....even that one little moment of a certain Aerdin Onasi taking a flying tumble back through the air, to be *slammed* against the bulkhead by the acceleration forces....oh, *delicious*, I tells ya! :) - absolutely a sublime and triumphal moment, and there's no doubt I was taking at least as much pleasure in it as it seems perhaps likely that Anakin was too....I mean, honestly, something like that, a bit of a whack against the wall for the Admiral, heck, *that'll* learn 'im, I figure....maybe next time he'll actually listen, pay attention. :)

Though even if he doesn't, well, I'd still wager that it'll prove strangely, cathartically satisfying to watch him go thudding up against the wall some other time soon.... ;) Not, of course, that I'm

6. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    OH I have a bad feeling about what's going to happen next.

7. timerift22

timerift22 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    thank you for adding me to the pm list

Snow

8. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Oh, what a gifted manipulator Sidious is! Poor Quinlan... I'm wholly convinced that love for a Jedi is not a bad thing, only that it gives the Sith a wonderful chink in the armor to toy with. I feel so awful for Quinlan and Khaleen... I wish she knew what was happening and could do something about it for Quin. And dang Palpatine! Can I kick him yet? I hope Quin finds it in him to resist... but to do so without dying... perhaps Obi-Wan can help?

Much =D=, Sakura. Your writing rolls quite gracefully on the page. Clear, descriptive, and always just perfect. Can't wait for the next chapter!

9. bi0nic

bi0nic Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Sweet stuff, Master!

You make Palpatine so deliciously evil, I completely buy his ability to mentally wreck Vos and corrupt him in the same way he did Anakin.

His eyes were smudged and bleary, hollow and bruised, his olive skin undercut with a pale, sickly gray that turned it sallow. The raised welt of a burn from Ventress?s new lightsabers stood out pink and swollen on one thin cheek, and other similar burns marked the scarred flesh of his bare chest.

Insanely good description, as always. I particularly liked the line about Ventress' lightsaber smelling like ozone. Everyone knows what a lightsaber looks and sounds like, but the idea that it'd have a distinctive smell as well is very smart.

10. Jedi_Maeyane

Jedi_Maeyane Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    Great new developments! I'm eager to see what happens next!

11. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    *collapses in the thread after a marathon read*

Whew!

I've just found this story today, and it captivated me so much that I read all chapters in one sit. I have to say that this is marvellous!=D= =D=

I like the relationship you developed between Anakin and Obi-Wan - something we all missed seeing in the movies. It's good that Obi-Wan was sane enough to save Anakin from becoming a roasted Vader on Mustafar, and his redemption is gradual and very truthworthy written. I was relieved to have the former, reckless and crazy Anakin back in the latest chapters, and I applauded at the Pilot Anakin.

Some characters like Onasi are a bit annoying, and at places, I wouldn't have minded Anakin going Dark Side-y on him. [face_devil]

The relationship between Anakin and Padme is touching, and I like the way you've descibed the magnitude of their love - sweet and deep, but not too mushy. And I liked Obi's healer. ;)

All in all, brillant piece of writing, and I greatly enjoy your characterisations and desriptions.

Could you please add me to the PM list? :) Thanks in advance!

CrazyAni

12. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Anakin Skywalker might think he had renounced Vader, that he had returned to the light, but all he had done was defy Sidious. The darkness remained, festering in his heart, and while the darkness remained, while Vader remained, Anakin was still his.

*basks in the Sithliness* :D

?I control this galaxy now, Jedi,? Sidious said.

Perhaps, he is a bit overconfident. [face_thinking]

Vos?s breath caught, his eyes widened. ?Obi-Wan?? he asked frantically. There was fear in that voice, true, shivering fear as there hadn?t been even for his beloved wife and child. Simply fear for a friend, or fear for the fate of that friend?s companion and thus the fate of the Jedi? ?Here??

Sidious is very sneaky. [face_batting]

Great work! [:D]

Ani-maniac

13. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    Wow, an evil update! The biggest thing that kept coming to my mind as I read was Luke's quote from ROTJ--referenced by Ani-maniac--"Your overconfidence is your weakness." Sidious seems pretty arrogant here. What's that about pride comes before a fall...? Things look bad, but I'm hopeful.

14. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    tsk, that was some serious evilness there...bravo! [face_devil]
    [face_worried] Poor Quinlan! Here's hoping the boys will come with sabres swinging soon! [face_praying]

15. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Ack! I missed a post! :eek:

And what a gripping update it was too. My heart is aching for Vos - I'm impressed that he has lasted as long as he has! And now it seems as though Obi-wan is walking directly into a trap! [face_worried] Ohhhh nooooooooo! He's been through so much already... I hope he's ready!

Awesome job! I'm so excited to see a new chapter. I have no idea what's going to come next and I absolutely love it!

16. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    PM Me with updates please! Very interesting thus far, very enraptured by your tale

17. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Oh, Quinlan, no, *no*....don't, *don't* believe Sidious, not one word of what he says, he *lies*, darn it all-!....he's the Master of Lies, the Weaver of Ultimate Deception, he's a *Sith* Lord and Master for pity's sake....don't heed him, don't fall under his spell, that's what he *wants*, Quin....to snare you, to use you and to break you....oh, Quinlan, don't - you're *stronger* than that, you're made of sterner, stronger stuff by *far* than that, than to ever be broken to the Dark Side like that; heck, we saw in the Republic comics anyway that Quinlan, for however much he skirted the Dark Side, albeit rather too close for comfort otherwise, I suppose....*still*, though, for all that, he remained himself, remained Quinlan - who loved Khaleen, and who would have a child, his *son*, with her....still, he never truly succumbed, he didn't give in then, so he *can't* give in now, not like this, not ever! Argh, Quinlan, stay strong, *please*....Khaleen and Korto need you to fight anyway! *urgent look*

And I just....I can't believe that despite what Sidious is obviously thinking here, his own perverse and warped, sadistic machinations, that 'twould somehow be so easy to break one so strong, so hardened as Quinlan Vos to his will and to the Dark Side....Quin's walked near that path for far too long as it is, yet has always emerged unscathed, he *can* do it again this time....simply *got* to believe that, that's what we have to do, honestly.... And then, too, the way I can see it perhaps playing out.... *sincerely, desperately hopes and prays* ....well, okay, maybe ultimately, like when push indeed comes to shove, Quinlan will be able to truly prove his mettle once more, to *really* make a stand for the good man he in fact *is*, and very much the Jedi still....on the side of good, then, he'll fight....alongside Obi and Anakin, not and *never* "against" them, but *on* their side, *with* them, he'll fight....

Because, after all, well....surely it simply akes far, far more than even these twisted and cruel, vicious machinations of Sidious' to ever be enough to somehow break one so hardened, so tough and strong as Quinlan Vos....to ever cause *him* to crack, in other words....yes, okay, he might *seem* like he has, or that he perhaps will, but here's the thing....at least, as I desperately and fervently believe it, right about now ;) - namely, that Sidious, Sith Master or otherwise, simply does *not* know Quinlan Vos, Jedi, husband, lover and father, nearly so well as he might otherwise delude himself....*Quin* knows himself better than that, he simply *has* to....and Obi knows him far better than that, too....and....oh, heck, we *all* do, honestly, and I just - I can't for a second believe that Sidious would in fact somehow manage to crack Quinlan like that or, well, *ever*, really....I sincerely don't *want* to believe it, o' course, but there's even more to it than that.... ;) *wry, knowing look*

And oh, *oh*, for the record, can I just also say....*gah*, I am so only hating and reviling and altogether loathing Sidious right about now, to be sure....ugh, *ugh*, his utter terrible, warped, twisted "confidence" when it comes to being so deranged and sure, somehow, that he'll be able to snare Anakin again....oh, no, *no*, a thousand times *no*, darn it all, there's just absolutely *no* way, none whatsoever....it's so *not* happening....Anakin himself will see to that, and Padme and Obi will help him, and of course Qui-Gon Jinn, too, will undoubtedly only further help him, and....nope, there's just absolutely no way that Sidious will ever, *ever* again be able to in the least bit sink his claws into Anakin's spirit, it's simply *not* happening....for one thing, and perhaps first and foremost, Anakin himself just won't *let* it. That, we can truly take heart in, I feel....that can *only* give such strength, as well, to be honest! :) Aaaaahhhhhh, phew....

Oh, and also, can I just say....the inclusion of Ventress here, *eeek*, just.... *shivers vehemently* ....man oh man, is she ever a vicious sort of twisted thing, that seems

18. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Sep 9, 2002
    Whoa, I didn't realize that it's been a month! Are you okay, Sakura?

19. Pyxelle

Pyxelle Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    I just had to pause and tell you how much I am enjoying this story! I'm a huge Anakin fan; and I love stories of his redemption (just don't seem to get bored of them, no matter how many permutations I might read) This is a wonderful one!

It took me a while to adjust to the first-person Obi-Wan style...that's a toughie to pull off...but I think you're doing a fine job on it. Congrats...Obi-Wan in any era can be a tough one to pin down.

Your style of writing is easy to read, too, and it doesn't seem overly bogged down by detail yet the picture of what is happening is very clear. It makes for a fast, enjoyable read. One phrasing you used caught my eye in particular, "The hesitant luminosity of his growing smile..." in referring to Anakin smiling at Obi-Wan...I love that line! It's beautiful imagery.

May I be pm listified if such a thing is available?

Thankya!

Pyxelle

20. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Eugene_Meltsner_AIO: I didn't realize it'd been a month, either! I'm okay, just being eaten alive by Darth Real Life. I promise, I'm not dead, and neither is this story!

Pyxelle: I was thrilled to click on this story and see a new review :D. When a writer's been on um . . . hiatus, as I have been, seeing new interest definitely puts life back into the story! As a huge Anakin fan myself, I'm very glad you're enjoying. First-person Obi-Wan is really difficult for me as well, one of the reasons I chose this POV, I think. I'm kind of addicted to challenges. I'm really glad you like my writing style, because I spend a lot of time trying to analyze it myself. I'm so glad you're liking it, and of course I'll put you on a PM list!

Sorry I haven't answered all the replies, I don't have much time at the moment--I'll get back to everyone later!

21. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Sep 9, 2002
  22. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    awesome...i just caught up, up and over.....again...this is awesome.

23. atomic_89

atomic_89 Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2006
    Totally loving this story [face_love] I hope you haven't abandoned this story as I'm dieing for an update [face_praying]

24. Jedi_Padawan_Buanne

Jedi_Padawan_Buanne Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2007
    I just found this story, and it is SO good! It's one of the best Anakin redemption fics that I've ever read! Please don't abandon this story, it deserves to be finished! :_|

Could you PM me when you update, please?

25. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    I fear this wonderful fic has been lost in the vastness of the boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.