main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Star Wars Network!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ibura, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibura

ibura Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2003
    I always thought it would be cool to have an all starwars cable channel after the movies are finished and the dvd's are released. Of course, they would need to have enough material to show to avoid constant repetition. What would you like to see air on such a network, besides of course the movies and dvd documentaries?

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    That would never, ever work.

3. ibura

ibura Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2003
    Why wouldn't it work?

4. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    a) It would never survive, a channel needs millions of people to watch, even Star Wars doesn't have enough fans (with cable).

b) It would be impossible to come up with enough material, unless there was a program of someone reading a book. Or, it ran only one day a week.

5. ibura

ibura Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2003
    a) It would never survive, a channel needs millions of people to watch, even Star Wars doesn't have enough fans (with cable).

b) It would be impossible to come up with enough material, unless there was a program of someone reading a book. Or, it ran only one day a week.

Do you know how many obscure cable channels there are out there? Star Wars actually does have enough fans. Besides, the purpose of this thread is more of a "what if" thread and to see just how much material we can come up with. I don't really care if it would work or not.

6. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Well then, besides from the movies, Clone Wars, and possibly a full-time ½-hour show, what else could you have?

7. ibura

ibura Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2003
    Well, just for starters, there is about 8 hours of material to each dvd (movies, documentaries, trailers, web documentaries, commercials, commentaries, etc.) thats 48 hours from the dvd's. Plus stuff like the holiday special, r2d2 beneath the dome, the ewok movies, come on people help me out here...what else?

8. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    And that's what, 2 days of TV?

Why not just have a "Star Wars hour" or two on an already existing channel.

9. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I wouldn't work, unless you ran everything many many times. You can't do that, because people will get tired, yes, tired of the things that are played over and over again. Even Star Wars.

10. HuntedJedi

HuntedJedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2003
    Droids, Ewoks, ETC...

11. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    And how long do you expect they would last? There's not hundreds of episodes of them y'know.

12. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Right. There's only so much that you can do with Star Wars before you ruin it.

13. HuntedJedi

HuntedJedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2003
    Right...I don't like golf or outdoor life or racing for all that matters but each have thier own network. Besides, this is just a fantasy forum, cant you let loose and just pretend. Remember what Qui Gon (R.I.P.) said "Feel, don't think" (LOL)

14. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Even if we were imagining it, it still wouldn't work.

15. Rastafarian_Jedi

Rastafarian_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2003
    While I'm not completely sure if, in the end, a Star Wars network would work...I wouldn't discredit it on the account of repetition. Anyone watch MTV? Videos, Shows, Music awards, you name it... they repeat the same monotonous crap over and over until finally, by miraculous divine intervention, something else new comes to replace it... only to become stale after existing for only a few hours. How about the Metallica channel? Is that network even on the air anymore?

I still stand neutral on the debate of whether or not it would work... Still though, it wouldn't be the first annoyingly repetitive network out there. And besides... maybe a channel constantly airing Star Wars movies would be nice.. no matter how repetitive. I mean, it'll save having to re-buy trilogies after extended use won't it? haha. Now... if only a few legions of fans like myself, who attends college and has nothing better to do than pop in a Star Wars movie EVERY night of my sad life, would do the same, then we might have something.

Or not. Its late and I'm just blabbering now. And...I don't need this tea. Hrm.. strange, its empty now anyway.

16. Salacious_B_Crumb

Salacious_B_Crumb Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    Multiple showing of the Star Wars Holiday Special!!!!! MWAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

SBC

17. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    oh good lord....

18. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Ok. Anyone remembers the Line up for TPM by Counting Down.com webcam?

That dude Lincoln and all those guys set up a Computer on the line, and had a lot of stuff to show. :)

19. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    How about the Star Channel? It could include Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica? Any scifi with Star in the title.

20. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
  21. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    How about a sci-fi channel.... oop... there's already one. Sci-Fi has a lot of good stuff there.

22. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I will direct live action 15 minute New Jedi Order shorts for this network. ;]

!snap

23. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    oh god, no. No NJO stuff...

24. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Bite your tounge. [face_plain]

!snap

25. Darth_Diesel

Darth_Diesel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2003
    I agree with the network showing the movies and all the behind the scenes production stuff. They can air this rumored TV show on it. They can also show all the conventions (like SW Celebration). Another good thing would be if they showed fan films regularly.

SWN (SW Network)"Cribs" would show people's homes and their SW collections.

"Trading Dockin Bays" - A show where people sneak into Trekkies homes and re-do it with a Star Wars motiff.

"The Rebel Scum" - just like that show The Mole

"Judge Vader's Court" - self explanatory

"Queer Eye for the Imperial Guy" - Four Neimodians update the fashion trends of metrosexual empire recruits and officers.

"Cantina Idol" - regular people from different systems audition in front of three judges for a chance to work singing for Jabba the Hutt.

"Obi's Believe it or Not" - Listen in as Obi-Wan tells strange and fantastic stories. At the end of the show, looking at things from "a certain point of view", viewers will find out wether the stories were truth or fiction"

Who says a SW network won't have enough to air??!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.