main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A Time for Everything" from a certain point of view...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Tash the Jedi, Apr 25, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tash the Jedi

Tash the Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 1999
    This is the Fan fic from Nidsay's point of view. I hope you like it. Feel free to say anything you want about it.

The Queen's words hit everyone like a ton of bricks, "Life, as we know it, is going to change for the worse if we don't do something about it right now. Our people want to live in peace. I cannot just stand here and do nothing. You must help me." The small group of twenty or so officials were murmuring in shock and disbelief. Their world, Earth, had been flung into a state of confusion by two men. Men who claimed they came from the Galactic Republic but instead threw Earth into a chaos. Queen Lria stood, dressed in a regal blue gown, a golden crown upon her strawberry blonde curls. She was listening to the officials squabble, her lip trembling, desperate for help from the awful situation.
    Nidsay grimaced at the sight of the confused and worried crowd, she imagined Lria felt the same way too. She was one of the Queen's handmaidens, and also her best friend. Nidsay nearly blended into the column she was standing next to. Her white tunic and pants were covered by a long coat, grey, the same color as the column. After twenty minutes or so of worried arguing, the Queen left the podium and entered her chambers. Her three handmaidens, Ealbth, Csnah, and Nidsay followed her and closed the massive doors. Lria threw herself onto the bed, her feet barely reached the edge.
    "What am I going to do?" she said finally. "I knew it was bad, but it's gotten worse." Lria stared at the ceiling as she rubbed her temples, thinking. There was a loud knock at the doors. Csnah nodded and walked towards the doors, opened them, and stepped aside. It was Ellk, Lria's head of security. His light brown hair was cut short in a spiky cut, his brown eyes lit up as he smiled. Lria sat up to face Ellk, she smiled slightly gestured for him to start.
    "How did your announcement go?" He stopped suddenly, as if aware of the look of pain on her face. "I'm sorry. I didn't know," Ellk grimaced, "I wish I could have been there for you." He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and hugged her. Lria smiled and said,
    "Thanks for your support Ellk, I really need it." She rested her head on his chest. Ealbth cleared her throat,
    "Hey, kids, do you want us," she motioned to Nidsay and Csnah, "to leave you two alone for a while?" Ellk suddenly removed his arm from around the Queen and stood up.
    "No, I need to go anyway," he said sheepishly. Ellk turned around and walked out of the room. Lria sighed as he left, and then yawned, "I didn't know I was this tired." Her yawn was interrupted by the faint beeping of a comm link.
    "Your Highness?" Nidsay called out. "I'm sorry but I need to be excused for a transmission." Lria nodded in agreement. Nidsay smiled and turned to leave the room.

[This message has been edited by Tash the Jedi (edited 04-25-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Tash the Jedi (edited 04-25-2000).]

2. Jedi McGregor's girl

Jedi McGregor's girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 1999
    I like it Tash. I think you should put up a link between my story and yours. Keep it comming.

3. cheerful

cheerful Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2000
    !!!!! this really really good so far !!!!!

4. Tash the Jedi

Jul 14, 1999
    Thanks for your approval of my take on the other story. It really helps. I wasn't sure if anyone really liked it. Here's the next addition.

The doors closed behind Nidsay with an unusually loud thud. Shrugged and walked further down the empty hall. Reaching down onto her belt, Nidsay located her small, silver transmitter. The transmitter was about the size of a cassette tape. She took a deep breath and pressed the activation button. The small blue form of the newly elected Supreme Chancellor Palpatine hovered in the air. Nidsay turned off the sound to watch his movements, they seemed strange, artificial. She paused the message and turned the sound on.
    "--going through. I wish there were something we could do. But, I am afraid there is nothing. Earth is merely--"
    The shock of the message hit Nidsay like blaster shot to the stomach, "there is nothing." She was dumbstruck, how could that be? Wasn't it their job to protect people and stop injustice? Nidsay felt sick to her stomach. She ran down the hall, past the Queen's quarters and into her own room.
    Her room was much smaller than the Queen's with a bed and a desk as the only furniture, the wall opposite the door was Nidsay sat on her bed and stared straight ahead, trying to think of what to do next. What would she tell Lria? The situation seemed hopeless, but not entirely, there was something to do. Nidsay laid down on her bed and looked at the ceiling, thinking more. Maybe she should talk to Ellk and see what he thought, or maybe she should talk to Csnah or Ealbth and work it out with them.
    Nidsay was then jerked back into reality by a knock at her door. She gave clearance, and the door opened, revealing a blue protocol droid. He was carrying a plate of steaming food.
    "LKP-2 what are you doing?" Nidsay asked carefully. "Why isn't everyone gathered for dinner?"
    "Mistress Nidsay, dinner was canceled" LKP-2 said absent-mindedly, setting the plate down on the bed.
    "Canceled?" Nidsay asked, "Why? Who said it was?"
    "Mistress Nidsay, Captain Kese canceled dinner himself, on orders of the Queen."
    "Look, will you stop calling me that?" Nidsay demanded, "Lria had Ellk cancel dinner? Why?" She started to sputter, "S-Something must be wrong then. Did she, did she give any reason?"
    LKP-2 began shuffling around, "Mistress Nidsay, there is nothing wrong with the Queen, she is in perfect medical health."
    Nidsay rolled her eyes, "I told you to stop that." LKP-2 hobbled over to collect the half-eaten plate,
    "I wish you wouldn't roll your eyes. It's perfectly rude Miss-" At that moment Nidsay heaved a pillow at the droid, knocking it onto it's back. LKP-2 began to flail his arms and cry,
    "Oh, no! What have I done to deserve this. Honestly Mistress Nidsay if you were that dissatisfied with my service I should have been deactivated." She rolled her eyes again and jumped off her bed to help the fallen droid.
    "I'm sorry KP-2, it just bothers me when you call me ?Mistress Nidsay' all of the time. How about just addressing me as ?Nidsay'. Alright?" The droid was now standing upright and collecting the dirty plate to carry to the kitchen. He muttered about informality and disrespect as he left. Nidsay waved and hit the door controls. She then laid down on her bed and fell into a deep, restful, sleep.

5. Jewel

Jewel Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2000
    Great! Keep writing Tash!

6. Tash the Jedi

Jul 14, 1999
    The next day Queen Lria organized a meeting with the other handmaidens and Ellk. They were all to meet in the throne room. Nidsay was still lying in bed when she got the message, half-asleep and not ready for the day. She groaned and climbed out of bed to get ready for the day.

Queen Lria was sitting on her throne, clad in an elegant crimson gown. She hasn't worn that gown in a while, Nidsay noted, I wonder why she wore today? The other handmaidens, Ealbth and Csnah were already sitting near the throne, as was Ellk. The meeting was an unexpected one, probably planned by Lria in the middle of the night. Nidsay walked over to the empty chair beside Csnah and sat down. She was sitting very still, her long brown hair gathered into a braid that reached the middle of her back. Nidsay nudged her and smiled, mouthing a silent "hi." Csnah smiled and nodded, her pale blue-green eyes alert. She was wearing a long yellow dress, a contrast to the dark purple pant and shirt combination worn by Nidsay. Ealbth leaned forward and waved, her dark eyes sparkling. Nidsay waved back, but stopped when she realized Lria was looking at her. The two exchanged smiles and all was done.

"Your majesty?" Ellk asked suddenly. Lria straightened up suddenly, as if she had been electrocuted. She regained her composure quickly,
    "I'm sorry, what did you say Ellk. My mind was elsewhere." Ellk winked and gave her a small smile. Oh how cute, Nidsay thought, they're flirting. She had to cover her mouth to stop from laughing. Ealbth scowled at her then smiled, jokingly.
    Ellk began again. "As I was saying, your majesty, we have received a recorded message from Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. Do you want me to patch it in here or into your chambers?"
    "I think in here would be best Ellk. I think everyone is a little curious as to what the Chancellor has to say." Lria said decidedly. Nidsay's heart sunk, she's going to devastated, I knew I should have done something yesterday.

"As you wish, your majesty." Ellk said as he pushed the button to play the recording. Slowly the hologram came into focus, and Chancellor Palpatine began to speak.
    "Your majesty, Queen Lria of Earth, it was an honor to here from you. I send you welcome from the Galactic Republic. We are all deeply troubled by what your people are going through. I wish that there were something we could do. But, I am afraid that there is nothing."

The color drained from Lria's face and she buried her face in her arms. Ellk stopped the recording and ran to Lria's side. The look of shock on everyones' faces was overwhelming. She was sobbing uncontrollably:
    "I thought they would help us, I thought-" Lria started to sway and finally fainted, in Ellk's arms. He carried her to her room, Nidsay felt horrible.

7. Tash the Jedi

Jul 14, 1999
    Well, for the few of you that are reading my story, never fear I will write more. I just need to do some "research." Thanks.
    Tash

8. Master Enae

Master Enae Jedi Youngling

Feb 29, 2000
    I like it. You are doing a good job, and hopefully you will post faster than JMG, I hate waiting. Great job!!

9. Tash the Jedi

Jul 14, 1999
    Thanks Enae! Actually, JMG has been having some problems with her computer lately so that explains why the posts have been rather far apart. I'll write more soon. You have my oath.

Tash

[This message has been edited by Tash the Jedi (edited 04-30-2000).]

10. Tash the Jedi

Jul 14, 1999
    Here's a mini post. Sorry!

Ealbth poked her and asked jokingly, "What's wrong kid?" Ealbth had called her that when they first met, over five years ago. Nidsay looked at Ealbth, her usually bright green eyes seemed dim. She opened her mouth to speak but, no words came out. Ealbth stopped smiling, "Something's really wrong here isn't it?" Her tone was serious. She tucked her black and maroon hair behind her ears. "It's alright you can tell me and Csnah." Csnah nodded in agreement, and then added:

"You didn't kill anyone did you?" That comment lightened the mood.

"It," Nidsay took a deep breath. "It's about the message."

"Listen," Ealbth said, "I know where all disheartened about Palpatine's message, but you don't need to worry about it. We will find a way around this. Trust me."

"But you don't understand," Nidsay started to breathe quickly. "I heard the message yesterday. I don't know why I received it first. We were in Lria's chambers and I got a message from my holographic transmitter and I played the message. I was going to tell Lria at dinner but then KP-2 told me Ellk had canceled it. And I, I-"

"Breathe Nidsay, breathe," Csnah said quickly. "That's impossible thought. You couldn't have gotten the message last night. Lria only sent her plea this morning. The Supreme Chancellor wouldn't have sent a reply without first another message. Our only hope is of an alternate solution." Nidsay swallowed and sat down in her chair.

"Something is wrong here. Someone is setting us up for something big. I hope Lria figures something out. I'm going to my room." Nidsay got up and walked to her room.

11. Tash the Jedi

Jul 14, 1999
    Here is a link to JMG story. "A Time for Everything," a spectacular story. Forum16/HTML/000057.html Forum16/HTML/000057.html

12. Tash the Jedi

Jul 14, 1999
    She passed Lria's room, Ellk was still with Lria, trying to wake her up. He really loves her, she thought. The thought made Nidsay sad, she had been very fond of Ellk when they first met. So much so that she was jealous of Lria. The rancor towards Lria had disappeared when she realized how perfect the two were for each other. Nidsay smiled and continued to walk to her room.

Once inside, Nidsay pulled her Data pad out of a desk drawer. She plugged it into the wall and accessed the main history files of the Republic. Chewing on a piece of her hair, Nidsay typed in a search for "Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, back ground." She pushed the search button and waited for the results to show on the screen.

"Hmm," She said skimming the file. "Cos Palpatine, former senator to over thirty different worlds, including his home-world of Naboo. Following the strife with the Trade Federation and the people of Naboo, he was elected to succeed Finis Valorum as Supreme Chancellor of the Republic." She paused, then typed in "Valorum, Finis." Another file popped up. Nidsay silently skimmed the file until she reached an interesting section. "He was voted out of the Supreme Chancellor's office after a vote of no-confidence from Queen Amidala of Naboo. The senate promptly set about to elect a new Supreme Chancellor. Senator Cos Palpatine from Naboo was elected to succeed Valorum." Nidsay rubbed her jaw and let the information seep in. "So, if Palpatine was from Naboo," She said slowly. "That could mean he used the situation on Naboo to get sympathy...But that doesn't explain why the Queen would give a vote of no confidence." She groaned and carefully closed her data pad. Nidsay drummed her fingers on the lid while she tried to fit the information together. There was a loud, authoritative knock on the door across from Nidsay.

"Come in," Nidsay called, her back still turned. The door slid open with a slight hissing noise and Ealbth entered.
    "Are you alright? You were really upset about the message and I-" Ealbth stopped when she saw Nidsay's data-pad on her desk. "Background check on Chancellor Palpatine?" Nidsay nodded, Ealbth's intuition still surprised her.
    "It turns out he became Supreme Chancellor after the Queen from his home planet gave Valorum a vote of no- confidence. Then there was the situation with a Trade Federation on Naboo that I didn't find information about because I got frustrated."
    Ealbth raised her eyebrows, "So what are you planning on doing with your new found knowledge?"
    "Nothing really. I'm just trying to figure out what is happening with the whole message fiasco."
    "Well, here's what I think. We should go down and eat dinner. Tomorrow is another day. Don't worry about the fate of the Earth, everything will be fine. Lria will figure something out, she's a smart girl."
    Nidsay gave out a laugh, "I know she is! You were her main advisor, teacher, mentor whatever when she first became Queen. You taught her everything she knows."
    "That I did, kid. That I did." said Ealbth with a smile.

Dinner was unusually quiet, Lria said nothing. The soup was bland and the mood was depressed. That night Nidsay dreamed of a grey mist and nothing more.

13. Tash the Jedi

Jul 14, 1999
    It has been awhile but here is more. For those who care.

The sound of something shuffling around was the first thing Nidsay heard when she awoke. LKP-2 was dawdling around Nidsay's bedside table with a platter of fruit and toast. She sat up, pleased at the thought of breakfast in bed.
    "Oh!" LKP-2 said suddenly, "I didn't know you were awake. I do hope I didn't bother you." He started to leave.
    "KP, wait," said Nidsay holding up her hand. "That was very nice of you to bring me breakfast. Did Lria cancel her morning meeting or something?"
    "Why, in fact, she did. Her Royal Highness is awaiting a message from the Jedi council on Coruscant and is asking the handmaidens and Captain Kese to come is a message is received. I shall return to collect you if a message is received." LKP-2 then gave a formal half-bow and left Nidsay alone with her breakfast. "Well, that was nice of KP to bring me my breakfast," Nidsay said out-loud, cramming a strawberry into her mouth. "I'm just glad he didn't call me ?Mistress Nidsay' like he always does." She finished her breakfast and took a shower. Dripping wet, Nidsay got dressed in a purple shirt and pant combination. She frowned. "I wore this yesterday." She quickly changed into a blue tunic and black pants. Nidsay stood in front of the mirror and carefully looked at her face.
    Her eyes were oval shaped and bright green with flecks of brown and orange. Nidsay pulled at her skin, she had always thought her cheeks were chubby. The thing, however, that had bothered her the most was the fact her eyebrows were black while the hair on her head was a sandy blonde. At the moment her hair was a dark brown because it was wet. She continued to pull at her face when there was another knock at the door.
    "Who is it?" Nidsay asked loudly. A muffled answer came from behind the door, it sounded like LKP-2 to Nidsay. She walked over to the door and pressed the button. It was Ellk. He wore a long finger-tip length blue coat over darker blue trousers.

"Lria wants you and the rest of the handmaidens to meet her in her chambers. It's important that we keep this meeting a secret. I'll tell you why when we reach her chambers." Ellk spoke quietly and carefully. Nidsay nodded in agreement and gathered her shoulder length hair into a braid. She followed Ellk and the pair collected the other two handmaidens.

Lria was sitting in a chair by her bed, wearing a simple light blue gown. She looked nervously optimistic. Ellk's communicator began to beep, he pushed a button and listened to the message. He looked up,
    "Your Highness, we have received a reply from the Jedi Council. Is it alright if we watch it in here?" The Jedi Council? Nidsay thought surprised, we must really be in trouble. Nidsay had read about the Jedi Knights before, she started to get excited.
    "Sure, I know I could use the moral support from all of you if it is bad news." Lria answered. She laughed weakly as Ellk spoke into his comm-link. A light blue figure of a dark skinned man with a bald head began to play. Nidsay squinted as she tried to figure out which member of the Council was speaking.

"Queen Lria , we our honored by your message to us. We have deliberated over this matter and we have decided to help you. We will be sending someone to Earth within the week. I hope that this problem can be settled soon."
    That was the extent of the recording. Nidsay couldn't contain herself any longer, a Jedi was coming to Earth! Lria was just as excited, "I can't believe it. They are actually going to come."
    Nidsay began to jump around the room, punching the air with her fists, "You did it! This is so awesome. We are saved!" She looked around and realized no one else was reacting the same way, she stopped jumping and stood quietly.
    "Well, lets not all celebrate just yet. We still have to wait and see if he can help us or not. So, everyone calm down." Lria began. "First off, none of you can tell anyone about any of this. It must be kept a secret. Everything depends on it. Does everyone

14. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999
    It's back!! It's back!! It's back!!! I am so happy!! You are doing an awesome job, keep it up!!!

15. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    The following films are listed on TFN Fan Films' Coming Soon page:

DUALITY
    Dave Macomber & Mark Thomas

THE HIDDEN JEDI
    John DesRoches

KNIGHT QUEST
    Joe Monroe

PRELUDE TO HOPE
    Devon Reed

My question is... when will these films make their big debut? I know PTH and KQ must be nearing completion. Will they be released this summer, hopefully? What about Duality and The Hidden Jedi?

[This message has been edited by The Jedi Apprentice (edited 06-04-2000).]

16. Darth Duality

Darth Duality Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2000
    Wouldn't you like to know?

We're *hoping* to have Duality finished by the end of summer. It may be wishful thinking though... I'll try to keep everyone posted about our progress: if we don't make our "end of summer" self-imposed deadline, we'll set a new one so that we don't leave everyone in limbo.

Dave

17. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    We're not tellin'! (That's partly so we don't make the KQ "Summer 1999" type of mistake in giving a target date that we end up missing, and partly because we're quite close, but don't know for sure how long the last bits of effects will take, given a kind of erratic schedule.)

Oh, and if Azeem reads this, the coming soon page has Dev listed as "Reed," instead of "Read." He said he was going to mention it, but I doubt he did yet.

18. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    So...not telling, eh? Damn you

I suppose I can wait a few more months. hehe

19. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999
    I really like this so I am just sending it back up to the top with the hope that more people will read it and see how cool it is.

20. Jean

Jean Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    Upping for the move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.