main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO AAAUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!! AKA Mos Alba is imploding

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Oct 5, 2005.

1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Just thought I'd mention it. I know the Birrers have seen some of what's going on.

*sigh*

2. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Breath Bob. I understand. Anything I can do to help?

3. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I guess i just have not seen it all. im not really sure why everyone is leaving. i know that you have had problems with eh scalpers, but i dont see why the fine folks of mos alba are leaving.

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Um, wow. I haven't lurked there for a couple weeks. I only recently caught wind of OTF leaving. Gonna go catch up on my lurking...

5. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    Wow, I just read through some of their posts. That is some serious drama! I'm glad we don't do that here. [face_worried]

I like the SCFF! :D

Hey, are we official members yet? Are there any rules to that?

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I'll have to say "wow" again now that I'm caught up on my lurking.

I'd post over there, but nobody would listen. Sounds like everyone just wants to be unhappy and act like victims.

But...ALL THAT...just over some action figures? Action figures? No offense, but I lose respect for anyone who gets their panties in a bunch over toys. I mean...TOYS...and these are grown people...biologically speaking.

Yeah, it almost sounded like there was a bit of a thing about principles there, but if they really wanted the toys that bad they woulda beat the guy to the punch. Or, taken the less frustrating route and just ordered a case of figures from entertainmentearth.com.

Besides, if anything, the guy would make $3-4...in extreme cases...$10 off a figure, but largely he'll get stuck with more product than he can't sell. How many of those gotta-have-'em figures do you have packed away that aren't worth anything anymore? The answer for most of us would be...a lot.

It sounded like the guy wasn't even a member of Mos Alba anymore, and yet everyone left becauuuussseeee...I'mmmmm...still not clear on that.

Really sorry to hear about all that, BH. :(

Some people just want to have a basement full of toys they can't sell, and others just want pity because they don't have the motivation to stay up til midnight to get to X-Mart when they restock just to get their case fresh NRFB first printing re-print trooper #127 to stick in a box under their bed. *shrug*

Personally, wallpapering one's room in Snapple wrappers is a little more gratifying. You get your trophy to tack on the wall, a little nourishment, and you have the solid knowledge that your money really did end up going down the toilet.

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    And yes, Kaety, you're official members. Somewhere there's a thing that says if you come to a meeting or just post, that automatically makes you a member.

Unfortunately, we don't have a secret handshake or Members Only jackets...yet...

8. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    *huggs BH*
    I agree w/Zoom (omg - did I just say that!?) But wow, lurked for a while this afternoon, that's crazy. I know we had people leave my group, then again, there was talk about harming one and his family, so we kinda drove him out/he felt 'unwelcomed' and he kinda also left on his own accord. He was a drama king and everyone saw right thru him and didn't give him the attention he wanted. But, leaving because some jurk wanted to scalp his toys? Dudes - just ignore him and maybe he'll realize that no one wants him. Just taking to him and creating all this drama is just adding fuel to the fire.

We knight everyone with a Mt. Dew bottle :D
    [insert announcer voice here] Mt. Dew - the OFFICAL drink of the MNFF!

9. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    since when ahve we not had a secret hand shake? i say we make one, that would be really dork but totaly sweet at the same time.

10. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I vaguely remember a really cool handshake at the end of Basic when it was on TV the other night...

11. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Thanks for the support, guys.

ZOOM - yeah, all this over some little bits of painted plastic. Almost makes one want to give up on the hobby if that's the crap you have to deal with. Sad, eh?

And yeah, they left over ... I'm still kinda in the dark, too. Because they wanted to control who has access to the forum? Because they wanted to be able to skirt by TFNs rules? I dunno.

I say they, because although I've "registered" at that site, I don't know how much I'll participate. Probably about the same as I do over at Phoenix's external forum. I've got too many forums to visit as it is, to have yet another login somewhere.

*sigh*

12. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    I know what ya mean. i would like to be able to chat with them, but with all the boards i visit i simply can't take on another one. sucks that they left though. Feel free to hang around here. the door is always open.

13. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    double post.

14. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
  15. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    No - it's Ufda! :D

16. darth_of_nm

darth_of_nm Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Man it's reassuring I'm not the only one scratching their head over what going on back home.

Next week's meeting (assuming we have one) will be memorble. One way or the other...

17. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    So far 54 members have left one board and gone to another in protest. You honestly don't think it's just about scalpers do you? It goes a lot deeper than that. I hope the real story will come out here soon, so you guys can see that we're not down here acting like victims. An entire Fan Force would not move just over figures, most of us don't even collect. Mos Alba is alive and well on our new board, and people are happy again.

18. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    did you guys establish a new board?

19. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
    As of right now we are all posting on another board, and it's just like old Mos Alba over there. Lots of activity. Activity will return to the TFN boards in time.

20. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Just so you know....my Colorado Brothers and Sisters (Grew up in Pueblo [face_flag] ) There is more to this than plastic figures. Do not believe what is on the surface! It is true....the 3 people that have been a problem on our site have been asked to leave and take their negative attitudes with them. But we could not get any help from the CR team. It almost seemed that something was owed to these people. The group as a majority asked repeatedly to remove these trouble-makers and to no avail. So....the group moved somewhere where it was safe and warm! We are not sad....we are not weak....we just moved on to better pastures. We stood and fought this past year and what we got was pretty much nothing. Bob, I have nothing against you as a friend goes...and I hope when this is all over you will still be my friend. But a change was due....how could 50+ members who left be so wrong?

21. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Dont forget to stop by and say hi every now and again.We miss you guys.

22. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
    This is a great forum up here. I'll definitely be back!!:D

23. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    well the folks of mos alba are always welcome up here.

if its not some super secret site, can i maybe get hte link to your new site?

24. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    I wouldn't say Mos Alba is imploding, and it isn't about toys.

It has turned into a huge he-said, she-said, they-said, whatever. Yes, it was the scalping that brought the issue to a head. But that wasn't the reason everyone left (I'm not even a collector). There were some members that were making the majority feel uncomfortable and there seemed to be a non-reaction to the situation. It seemed to the majority (40+) that the ones that were causing trouble(3) were being catered to. We mostly tried to ignore them, but tempers flared, and well people were getting banned.

Jump to now. We left the TF.N boards in silent protest. Many great activists have led silent and non-violent protests and have gotten results without causing harm. Now, I am no way saying that our fight is what Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. or Mahatma Ghandi fought for, but in a sense, it is in our little speck of the universe. If we can't stand up for what we believe in, no matter how trivial people may think it is, then how can we say we live in a democratic society? We are blessed to live in a country where democracy is around us and we should be able to stick up for what we believe in no matter what.

I have no ill feelings towards you Bob, and I like you and Julie. This is nothing personal whatsover. And, it isn't about stupid pieces of painted plastic.

25. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    You know, Karen, you are right. It is a SHE-SAID, HE-SAID problem.

I don't want this to do this on the SCFF forum. So I'll head back down I-25...