main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Happy birthday Mr. Jello. I'm supposedly descended from Alexander the Great, so I guess it's only fate that we know each other now, or something.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Happy birthday to my good buddy Jello. [:D]

[​IMG]

:D

--Adm. Nick

3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Alexander is actually Jello's pre-incarnation. ;)

Oh, and happy birthday Jello! (Again)

4. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    You horrible fish being.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Happy birthday Jello!

6. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    After a work that lasted through generations, I finally became The King of Finland... accidentally in the space of three years.

1) The current King of Sweden became a tyrant who revoked titles left and right. Rebellious factions started.
    2) I decided to back a faction that wanted me to rule the kingdom.
    3) Suddenly a war started between the King and all of his vassals.
    4) After a few years of war, the King was kicked from the throne and I was installed there, a little bewildered of the events.
    5) I said that no way am I going to rule Sweden, and changed the throne and the title to Finland. Take that.

But that wasn't the end of it. The King Erik I of Finland died soon of illness and the two kingdoms were divided between his two daughters, Ginny I of Finland and Cho I of Sweden. And guess what? The vassals are sexist and don't like female rulers. What is this, 1300's? Wait, yes it is.

By the way, does the game end in a certain date? This time I have very good changes of getting there, my family seems to have nothing else to do than create little heirs.

7. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

AC 4 Trailers from E 3 :D

So going to love this game.

Havac and instantdeath like this.
  8. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I've only watched the Microsoft conference so far. I keep hearing that Sony puts them to shame (though partly, I also hear, due to rather immature trash talking), but I was actually rather impressed with what MS had to show. And while it did seem a bit heavy on quick time events (and this is coming from someone who generally approves of QTE events as a concept), I'm really excited for Son of Rome. There's some great potential there, particularly if they take advantage of the ability to command your squadron. I'm really hoping they don't hold your hand the entire time, but let experiment with formations.

And Metal Gear Solid 5. Very excited for that, but I'm a longtime Metal Gear fan. That said, I am never going to get used to hearing Jack Bauer's voice coming out of Snake.

9. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    At this point XBOX One is pretty much begging to be made fun off.

If they figured out a way to get the Kinetic to really work, as afaik it will be forced on you for that game.

Witcher 3 is pretty much the only thing MC actually showed (aside from Ubisoft stuff) that I am looking forward to and as it will run better on PC anyway and is not XBOX exclusive and properly has no MC involvement whatsoever other than them approaching CD Projekt and shoving money at them so they get the right to show the Trailer at E3.

10. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I certainly hope they don't force Kinect voice commands. Not only did I feel like a complete idiot for trying it with Mass Effect 3, but I was completely convinced that the "better with Kinect" tag on the front cover was an absolute lie.

And yeah, most of the things shown for the XBOne are things that I'll be looking elsewhere for. The Witcher 3 will definitely be a PC purchase, as Metal Gear will be a PS4 purchase. Pretty much everything else shown, besides Son of Rome, was a FPS, a genre that generally doesn't interest me unless something creative is done with it (Spec Ops: The Line).

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Lugija -- I'll just ignore the collapsed Emperor statue there and pretend that it's a patriotic celebration!

LI -- appreciated!

Todd: You know, I can see the resemblance actually.... in point of fact, you both have "the" in your name!

AdmiralNick22 -- you villain!

Ulicus -- thanks!

instantdeath -- lol, Son of Rome? lol, MSoft must've heard me say that I have no interest at all in the Xbone and must be desperate for my business :p

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  12. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Hehehe, "Xbone".

Gorefiend likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    At this point Sony have effectively Death-Starred XBox 1.

CooperTFN likes this.
  14. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    If only I could get a poster of that image. I would mail it to Jello. Granted, he would use it for a dart board, but I would still be very amused. :D

--Adm. Nick

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    !!!

Just discovered that The Magic Schoolbus is on Netflix. Awesome.

Although I'm afraid to watch it lest I not be as enthralled as I was in grade school. :p The theme song is as catchy as ever though.

16. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Be warned, sometimes memories of old cartoons are better than rewatching them as adults. I loved He-Man and ThunderCats as a child, but they don't hold up very well as adults. Ditto TMNT.

--Adm. Nick

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Exactly my fear (precisely re TMNT sadly) -- although happily Duck Tales and The Animaniacs are both BETTER than I remembered as a kid (and that's saying something!) because the humor is easily appreciable as an adult.

18. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I'm going to have the DuckTales theme running through my head for the rest of the week, now.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It's a world of laughter, it's a world of tears...

Oh, sorry, guess that's not better huh? I've had to work a 12 hour shift at It's a Small World before, it wasn't pretty :p

20. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007

Payback.

Ulicus likes this.
  21. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Oh god, I still know the words by heart. How?

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hell, I still know the Pokemon theme, and I haven't heard it in years. :p

Ulicus likes this.
  23. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Well, me too... but I never forgot Pokemon existed. With Albert it was just "wait, this happened?" and then BOOM: words back in my head.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I love The Magic School Bus. But the science show I'm more familiar with is 3-2-1 Contact. "Contact is the secret, is the moment, when everything happens, contact...let's make contact..."

25. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Advanced childhood capacity for memorization?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.