main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    That actually sounds pretty cool. I'm never buying an AC game at full price again, but I'll look forward to that when I eventually get around to IV.

2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    How did I miss that? I thought that was a cliffhanger, and more was going to happen.

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    So, I downloaded Tiny Death Star. A simple game, but a fun way to pass time if you are sitting in a car or killing time. Now I can't wait to see canon inclusionists try to explain how it is official. :p

--Adm. Nick

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Isn't building a Death Star considered blasphemy among Ackbar fans? [face_thinking]

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My kids downloaded that game a couple of days ago; it showed up on my iPad as well but I haven't tried it yet.

6. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Nah, it gives us something to lead an attack against. [face_batting]

The best part of the game is the music. It is something that is perfect for killing time on an iPad. I am still waiting for Angry Birds Star Wars to release their Endor Space Battle levels, but it just says "Coming Soon".

--Adm. Nick

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    They make the Imperial March so cute. I love it.

8. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I downloaded it too... in the interests of adding stuff to the Wook. I've seen three or four WEG references so far.

No, not even kidding.

9. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    There are a ton of EU references, so obviously there are some serious fans who helped create the game.

--Adm. Nick

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Lately, I've been breeding Synchronize Abras, trying to get one with an impish Nature. I have amassed an Abra Army. Anyone interested in adopting an Abra? I'll go through my TMs and hook adoptees up with at least one offensive move. Currently, anything is better than Teleport.

11. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    So, apologies on the late reply, but I've been wondering how you're going to cope if you're still reading the book after each season. S3 does not cover all of book 3, and then things are really going to get complicated.

Do you have a strategy, man?

12. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    While one could potentially read approximately half of A Storm of Swords (though it might end up being a bit more than half, I can't remember the books structure precisely), that would be utterly maddening. I'd just recommend reading book 3 after season 4 airs.

13. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I make it up as I go along.
    [​IMG]

But look what's here: Official predictions for the third season. If a prediction doesn't come true, you get your money back!

14. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm really looking forward to watching you watch, so to speak.

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well..... That was fast....

My uncle died early this morning. Diagnosed 16 Oct, died 12 Nov. Was he in pain and suffering? Undoubtedly. Better that he's now elsewhere? Yeah, but that doesn't make it all that much easier.

So..... Feeling strange.

16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I just read your supposition of the dagger and the poisoning of Jon Arryn. Heh.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm sorry. [:D] My aunt went really quickly too, a month from diagnosis to death. It doesn't make it easier on us I don't think, just on the person.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    To be fair "like" is inadequate in this instance, but as it's the only feature.... Thanks.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    My condolences, Ben.

And wait- how does one make predictions about GoT? Isn't it all more or less the same as the books? :p

Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I'm very sorry for your loss, Ben. I've lost an uncle as well, but it's not even close to the same thing, as I barely knew the man, and every meeting we had told me I would have never liked him. I wish your family the best.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm sorry, Ben. :( @};-

Jedi Ben likes this.
  22. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm sorry to hear that Ben. Be strong.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Really sorry to hear that, Ben.

24. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I hate the internet.

Finally can get to where I can do a long Jedi Prince chapter reread, and my computer, which is what has been preventing me from doing one these past two weeks, crashes on me when I'm almost done.

I suppose there's nothing like dissecting a chapter of Jedi Prince twice...

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Is it me, or are we experiencing Attack of the Trolls in Lit tonight? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.