main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Action Figures...Oh those Divas.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by ThePostman, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Hah thanks Drac. I have a lot of work in front of me tonight, hopefully by the end of the night the first set will be near completion but who knows...Lots of Work, but it will be worth it...

:D

2. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Anytime Postie.Oh your not going to like what they said about Even Piell in the Non-Spoiler forum!

3. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Well I would go and respond for for certain reasons I think I'm gonna stick to collecting for a little while :D

4. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Well I worked for quite a while tonight on the first set for the movie, Burned my thumb pretty good on the glue gun, yeah that sucked...

I dont know when the next I'll be able to work on them will be though...

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ^OUCH! I hate when that happens!

6. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    What kind of sets are you building?

7. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    I am using foam board to build sets straight out of Star Wars...Bad news though, no gunship this week :(

8. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Poor Postie.You,and I will probaly never see a Gunship! :( Where did you order it from?

9. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    I didn't order it, but I have one at Walmart waiting for me. :)

10. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Wow I didn`t kniw Wal-Mart would do that! [face_shocked]

11. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    They do have layaway... Or you can hide it :D

12. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Cool!

13. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Last night I started a script for my own AF movie. I've been wanting to do one for a while, and this thread pushed me into starting it. I'm going to use Adobe After Effects 5.0 for the editing, and a friend will help provide the figures that I don't have. Even though it will be made with figs, it will still have a serious plot. It takes place between ANH and TESB. It has a lot of original trilogy characters in it. I havnt finished the script yet, but heres who I have in it so far:

STARRING
    Han Solo
    Luke Skywalker
    Leia Organa
    Chewbacca
    Darth Vader
    Palpatine
    Boba Fett
    Mon Mothma
    Kyle Katarn
    The Droids
    & more!

I'll keep ya guys updated on it. I'm going to be doing a lot of bluescreening with it, but I still need to build some parts of the sets. I also need to get some footage of a Lambda shuttle ( :( ) . I'm still in pre-production.

~Saber_Holder~

14. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Very good, saber_holder. Always good to hear of another action figure movie. From personal experience, I can say that bluescreening is not always as easy at it seems. Of course, you may know quite a bit about that that I do not. How are you planning on making your sets?

15. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    I`ve thought about creating sorta of a movie done in pictures.I havre an idea that spoofs LOTR,and SW.

16. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I'm pretty new to bluescreening, so most of it will just have still images inserted in the backround. I might have to get a little more technical with the out door scenes I'm doing though. I'm also using nuibnuib for the basis of my sets. The only one I really need to be dead on in is the falcon interior though. I havnt had very much stop motion experience, can you give me some tips postman?

~Saber_Holder~

17. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Where is Postman? I want to hear the update for his movie!

18. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    I am here...Hmmm Stop Motion is a very exact art. IT takes time...lots of it too.

While using stop motion some good tips that I can give are...

1. Use Sticky Tac to attach all figures to the ground, this will help you avoid any characters falling over and the headache that follows trying to get them in exactly the right place.

2. LIGHTING LIGHTING LIGHTING!!!

Nothing looks cheaiser in a stop motion film when the lighting changes during a characters movements...Try to avoid this by putting as much light onto the set as possible with flood lamps or such, and make sure that you are out of the way before filming the shot.

3. NO movement is too small, make the stop motion movements as small as you possibly can, I hope you have a way of getting the film into a computer because without that stop motion is going to be very difficult,

4. Lastly try to film each shot using the stop motion feature that most cameras have, this will film only a few frames at a time making it easy for you...Put the film into the computer and edit it using something like Adobe Premier or after effects, then you can the extra frames and add blaster fire and all sorts a cool stuff :)

I too am going to have to build the falcon intereior set...its on the list, The update for now is this...The set I am working on is the "Leis Plans" Diorama...

19. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Ok, todays update, havent worked on sets yet today but am going to go work on them now...The Sandcrawler will deffinitly add something to my movie!!! Cant wait for that...

20. fat

fat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2002
    Yep.

21. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    uh...yeah....

22. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    Postman,Sorry that I have never checked out this thread before, :( I didn't even realize what it was about! Cool stuff! I always wanted to do this, I have Painter, Photoshop, & Illustrator software. Painter has this thing where you can make a movie! :) I always wanted to scan in ALL my figures front & back and just paste together a SW Movie in painter :p
    But I've got enough to do! :) Still working on an Oil painting of Master Yoda Fighting Tyranus, I should stick to painting & cartoons I think.
    Anyway, reason I'm posting Actually is on topic. :eek: Sounds like SaberHolder needs backgrounds. ;) On Yakface today in New Q&A section they had listing of site with backgrounds that are Supposed to be better than others, I only glanced in there, Looks good though :D

www.erikstormtrooper.com/index.html
    Go to Stickers & Backgrounds, You'll find Custom Background section :)

EDIT: I just looked around that site a little more, Alot of Good Backgrounds! :) Some I've Never seen. :D Check it out!

23. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Very nice! Thanks!

24. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Thanks!

~Saber_Holder~

25. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Got a few sets painted today hopefully I'll have the first one done in the next few days. (Its the set from the Tantive IV Where Leia puts the plans in R2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.