main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Adi Gallia in the Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by XCell, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    There's an Eeth Koth thread, so I thought there should be one for Adi Gallia, after all she seems to have more screen time. Gallia seems like a cool, resourceful Jedi from what we've seen so far, and I like her voice. I think I'd rather they just have Adi Gallia and no 'Stass Allie' lookalike character around.

I wonder if/when we'll see more of her?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    I love Adi's design and especially her voice. For some reason Adi reminds me a lot of the type of Jedi Luminara is. They both seem like very typical, traditional jedi yet are very powerful.

I think her look is really unique and Stass' introduction would just take away from Adi's character. I think they should still include Stass in the series as another female jedi council member to replace Adi when she dies butI think they should just retcon her look to something that doesn't look like Adi's clone.

3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Is there any good reason to keep to the character "Stass Alie?" Other than reverence to the Holy Canon Text?

Is there a memorable Stass Alie story out there somewhere?

4. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    Labyrinth of Evil

5. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    As I understand it, and I haven't looked at the films since I became aware of this, Koth is sort of visibly different from Kolar, but Stass, different actress notwithstanding, isn't. I know that every time I saw ROTS prior to knowing anything about the change, I just assumed both characters were the same. Especially in Adi's case, since the Order 66 montage consisted of the deaths of Jedi we already know-- that seemed to be part of its emotional goal. It would be nice to "un-retcon" Adi Gallia at least.

I can almost guarantee that the next time my kids watch ROTS they'll jump up when those characters appear and say "Master Koth! Adi Gallia!", and then I'll have to have yet another variation of "the Santa Claus talk" with them.

6. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    AhsokaMiro, you and I should form a club of cool people with good opinions. :D

No, don't ruin it for the kids. What was the point of showing her die in ROTS, if she was just some vague, unknown Jedi? No, clearly she was meant to be the beautiful, blue eyed goddess Adi Gallia whom we all knew and loved from... uh, a quick cutaway in TPM!

7. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    EU-material fans might be quite familiar with Adi Gallia...she had a fairly constant presence in most pre-Clone Wars prequel era comics and a minor role in what was, I think, an episode 1 prequel.

That, and she was in a couple of videogames, one of them Jedi Power Battles, the other being Jedi Starfighter, as its lead character.
    Not that most regular fans would notice. Then again, this board isn't full of 'most regular fans'.:p

Also, to attempt discussion, while we've mostly seen her using a standard grip and agile style resembling Aayla Secura's, I'm wondering. Was she ever seen holding her lightsaber in a reverse grip like Ahsoka? Some brief shots made me think that she WAS, and if so, it's a nice reference to her abilities, as she's one of the earliest reverse-grip users (Jedi Power Battles and a few materials established this, I think)...much like Master Koth's resistance to pain is alluded to.

8. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    Yep, a brief shot in a movie we mostly pretend not to like! The Order 66 montage would never have worked if we hadn't all had DVD's of TPM and AOTC to watch over and over again to check out the background stuff.

I'm definitely a weirdo in that I haven't read any EU material since well before the prequel era, but somehow, through guidebooks and online habits and maybe looking at the action figures in Target, I did pretty much know who all the Jedi were (at least by name and species) before TCW. But I don't have deep preconceptions about them, which is one of the things that makes the show fun without being frustrating for me. Well, okay, sometimes it's frustrating anyway, but not because Ryloth didn't look tide-locked or anything.

9. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    That's why you're awesome, AhsokaMiro, because you represent the "silent majority," untainted by the filth and skullduggery of the EU. [face_coffee]

10. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    I think it's great to have another character whose fate is not yet determined - although we are pretty certain she will die, but don't know how. One thing I was hoping was that Master Gallia would be taller - in the same range as Obi-Wan and Anakin, but apart from that I think they nailed her look and voice well.

11. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    You thought Adi Gallia would be as tall as Hayden Christensen? Methinks not, especially based on my Adi Gallia action figure, which is TOTALLY canon. She's quite petite.

12. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Bah, I don't see much reason to bring her back. Dying in battle with Grievous is much cooler than than getting punked on a speeder bike.

Insult "the sacred canon" all you want...but I don't see why the "sacred movie" is any better. Honestly now, it is a few seconds of footage, why should I care with that, alone has slightly less emotional impact? Do I really want to trade a whole story away for the sake of a few seconds of footage?

And why should I care what the movie "intended" or not?

Also, frankly, I don't see how that montage could have anything resembling emotional impact based on who is dieing without the EU. In the movies alone, those jedi are nothing more than reoccurring props, not really characters.

In any case, I am glad to see one of my favorite jedi appear n the show. I really got attached to her in Jedi Starfighter....and on that note:
    1) it was strange to hear her with a different voice.
    2) I really hope Nym and the Revenants get to show up. Not likely...then again, a Sabaoth fighter did almost make into the show.

Also, I, for one, would love to see Strass Allie show up and I would love to see her interact with Adi Gallia. See how family ties work in the jedi order.

13. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    It had an emotional impact for me because those were the people whom I'd seen representing the Jedi Order for the six years prior, and they'd come to represent the Jedi of the Old Republic I'd wondered about for decades. So even if I'd thought of them merely as Cone Head Jedi, Weird Mask Jedi, and Scantily Clad Twi'Lek Jedi, they were still "The Jedi" and good symbols of something huge and long-standing being torn down before your eyes. Woudn't have worked if the montage had just shown random dudes in cloaks with lightsabers being taken out on random planets.

I don't intend to dismiss the EU, mainly because I don't like it when fans who really basically like the same thing get all mad at each other. I'm glad these character have been played around with and explored (and sometimes created) elsewhere. I've just known for a long, long time that the movies overwrite and contradict the spinoffs at will, and not to get too attached (heh) to what I liked outside the films. And that I didn't have to keep up on all the other media to be entertained by SW. Also, Chewbacca is totally not dead... that's where they really lost me.

Vaguely back on topic, so, yeah, if that wasn't Adi being killed on that speeder bike, then she was basically a Random Cloak Guy who happened to look almost exactly like one of those Big Symbolic Jedi, but wasn't her. Which is an odd thing to include in such a montage, considering that all the others were recognizable.

14. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Family ties in the Jedi Order would be interesting and I'm sure there is more than one example of that, given that there are thousands of Jedi.

Perhaps if they make it that Grievous kills Adi Gallia in this series, perhaps Stass will be there when it happens? or at the very least we can see how she deals with it. Obviously given that she becomes a Council member herself, she deals with it in a positive way, which is interesting to see compared to Anakin's way which ultimately leads him to the dark side.

15. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    What they may do is have Stass Allie come onto the scene before Adi's death and play them out almost as a twin-sisterly thing (though of course we know they're cousins) with syncronised fighting tactics, a closeness that borders on familial attachment etc then when Adi snuffs it we (the old fans) are left feeling 'damn, Adi Gallia is dead :(' whilst the new younger generation see it as the breakup of this seemingly indivisable pair of Jedi "sister/cousins" - i.e, another tragedy of the war where one dies and the other survives.

I fear I may have devolved into blabbery and nonsense, so sorry if that doesn't flow very well to you folks reading it XD

16. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    For a 100-episode series in which people are already complaining that there's not enough time to proper develop the supporting characters, is it really worthwhile to give Master Gallia a "twin?"

17. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Kind of raises a question.. what is the Jedi Order's rule on related Jedi? They're supposed to break ties with family, but if there are such look-alike Jedi.. well, there's a chance they'll notice. Maybe one would be raised in the Temple, and the other would stay with their parents, or be sent to another Jedi training place.

18. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Oddly enough, Plo Koon offers a few possible pieces of data. Or so I choose to believe. [face_laugh]

Plo Koon comes from a 'Jedi dynasty' that has contributed a number of members. We don't know the full extent of this, but at the very least, each generation has a relative who isn't so closely related. Plo Koon, his uncle, and his niece became Jedi, but it's not known whether it's due to culture, tradition, Force potential or a mixture. There was also a similar (and EU-only :p) tradition of an uncle-nephew team.
    I guess the general rule is along the lines of "don't ignore force potential in each generation"...whether this applies to multiple children, the child with the most potential, twins, or if they only picked one per family, isn't known.

None of these related Jedi (well, except the EU only fellas) were apprenticed to the other, but they at least had a knowledge of one another or even a bond. Kind of like Plo Koon's connection with Ahsoka, in that they're close because he found her, but he wasn't made her master for fear of attachment. Someone you know and can help, but not someone you can take under your wing.

I absolutely support this! I'd love stuff like this which adds to the depth of characters, and I think it'd be awesome to see more 'teams' and how they differ from the Kenobi-Skywalker or Anakin-Ahsoka teams! Weapons Factory sort of dipped in that possibility with Anakin-Luminara and Ahsoka-Barriss. :D

19. purpilian

purpilian Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2005
    The Koons and the Gallia/Allie families aren't the only ones from the movies. Depa Billaba and Sar Labooda are sisters. I assume they know this, but their names are different. Maybe they are raised separately and introduced later. I dont think there would be any love or what not between the two. Especially in Adi and Stass's case; There is an age gap and the Temple is huge, they probably would have little contact with each other.

20. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    She died. There's the memorable story... :p

I never really got into the EU myself, but I hated the stuff I did read - and I'm still mad at myself for reading it. :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.