main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social *** ~ e-Adoption - Get help from an experienced member ~ *** - New Coordinator announced!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome to our latest Adoption Program!! :)

This program was created to give every new member an helping hand during the first time at this Star Wars Forum. We know that the boards are overhelming at times and that it might be confusing in the beginning, so we started an adoption program years ago. Its suppose is to make you feeling familiar with the forum easily.

@ New Members:

If you, as a new member (also called Newbie), would like to get adopted, just post in this thread or send me (Skiara) a private message (PM = conversation) and I'll add you to the list of "free newbies". Of course, you can go ahead and ask one of the listed oldbies (experienced members) on your own.

Once you are adopted, you can ask your adopter whatever question comes to your mind or whenever you need help. Your adopter will show you interesting parts of the forum as well. The time of adoption is not limited. Whenever you feel being ready to discover the forum on your own, just let your adopter (and me) know and your adoption time is finished. In case, you find yourself having another question without having an official adopter anymore, I'm sure, your former adopter will help you nevertheless - or simply post your question in this thread. :)

@ Experienced Members:

Oldbies, if you want to help* a new member, please, post in this thread thread or send me a PM. I'll add you to the list of "free oldbies". Of course, you can go ahead and ask the new members on your own. Just let me know, if you adopted one, so I can add you to the list of adoption teams. :)

Please, make sure that you have been at the boards for at least four months and have 400 posts. This is to ensure that you have a certain amount of knowledge about the boards so you can guide your adoptee. If you're giving me up to three of your favorite boards, I'll list them as well, so one can see your main areas of the forum.

*Helping means to answer questions, to chat a bit regularly and to show him/her interesting places (including hints and tipps of the special board atmosphere and guidelines), so the new member can enjoy the boards the most! :)

Additional Info:

The last versions of adoption had an training program included. Because of the 'Big Move' of the forum, the training program is under construction. Keep your eyes open for the new and improved training program.

2. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Experienced members waiting to adopt (inkl. favorite boards):

Asia & Oceania
    Europe & Africa
    North America
    *Short list of abbreviations:
    7SA - Star Wars VII - Spoilers Allowed
    7NSA - Star Wars VII - No Spoilers Allowed
    CT - Classic Trilogy
    Ep VII - Episode 7 (also 'new films' or Ep7)
    EUC - Expanded Universe Community
    FanFic - FanFiction
    NSWFF - Non Star Wars FanFiction
    PT - Prequel Trilogy
    RPG - Roleplaying Game
    SA - Spoiler Allowed
    SW - Star Wars
    SWC - SW Community
    TFA - The Force Awakens

3. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    New membes waiting to get adopted:

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Current adoption teams:

Masters & Padawans // Adopters & Adoptees // Masters & Apprentices

Teams of 2016:
    Teams of 2015:
    Teams who finished e-adoption:
    (All earlier listed teams cleared by Teh Move - or Teh Mole...? :confused:)

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  5. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    After the Big Move, we needed a new version of adoption! The old thread got lost like parts of the thread before the old one. So this one is a completely fresh one. Hopefully you'll enjoy the new one like the old ones! :D

We are back! :D

BultarSwan likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    'Having an experienced member' sounds terrible... just sayin'. :p

krtmd likes this.
  7. Jensaarai1219

Jensaarai1219 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    I was thinking about this the other day and was a bit flabbergasted because I just couldn't remember my master's name although I remember things he taught me and conversations we had, finally found him by looking through old posts. (Those posts also made me wonder if Mafia is still around.) Then I thought about my own padawan, who's training fell apart through computer problems on both ends. :-(

8. Emperor Von Schweetz

Emperor Von Schweetz Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    I'll do it. Anybody want to "adopt" me? :)

9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I guess I'd be willing to "adopt" someone. But only if they want someone with a half-scattered brain teaching them the ways of the Force . . . er . . . forums. :p

thesevegetables likes this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I will willingly adopt anyone with the word Zombie in their username.
    [​IMG]

BultarSwan and Shira A'dola like this.
  11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Mafia is, unfortunately, not currently played. That doesn't mean it can't be restarted if there's interest, though!

And I'll sign up to be an oldbie mentor :)

12. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I said it in the last thread...I can do it too. After all, even with college I have an absurd amount of free time. :p

(do I need to list the region though? In which case it would be N. America)

EDIT: Be an oldbie mentor that is.

13. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    I can adopt somebody. I know it says that I've only been registered since Sunday but this is a sock account - I've been around since at least 2010.

14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Yeah, ok, sign me up....if my former Padawan can do it, I can too ;) :p I can handle the Aussie inductees!

15. Neil lowery

Neil lowery Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2012
    Hi skiria thanks for the welcome I would like to be adopted

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Wow, so many people signing up within one night! Cool! :D

Jensaarai, when it's a long time ago, it happens that one forgets something. The more important is that you don't forget that person! :) Do you want to sign up as an oldbie again? Have you heard of your old padawan or is he lost due to those computer problems? Maybe it's time to send an email or PM to make him aware of the new forum. :)

Emperor Zombie, I've added you to the list of free newbies. If you agree to the offer of 'A Chorus of Disapproval' (aka Mykee), just let me know and I'll list you as a team.

@Mykee, I let you stay at the list of oldbies until Zombie says otherwise, ok? :)

NYCitygurl, great! You're listed! :D

Skywalker_T-65, I've listed you as well. And you're right, it helps to let me know your country or continent. :D

thesevegetables, usually I don't put socks on the list of free oldbies - unless it changed to the main account. So, which one is your main account, Man? Which one will be the one that you use mainly for the next months if not years? Oh, and where are you from? :)

Adalia-Durron, I'll add you in a minute as well! :D Who was your former padawan? There had been so many that I can't remember.

@All: I also need your favorite boards, so I can list your main areas next to your name. :)

Neil lowery, I'll add you to the list of free newbies in a minute. But why don't you take a look at the list of free oldbies? I'm sure, they are happy to get a message (private message = PM = conversation). Or just ask one directly in this thread. Will work as well. :D

17. Neil lowery

Neil lowery Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2012
    What's my next step ? Skiara

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Your next step would be contacting one of the oldbies. That would be the best and fastest way to get an adopter. You can also wait for an oldbie adopting you, but that could take time, so I usually advice to go ahead and send out a PM (conversation) yourself. :)

19. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    Is it weird that, despite the fact I'm an experienced forum user, and I can easily find my way around here on my own, I want a Master simply for the Star Wars feel of it?

You should have a Knighting ceremony GIF that you send to people who graduate from Padawan and no longer need a Master!!!

Ok, I might be geeking out about that a little...

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's an idea I like! We had even a training program - with lots of tasks for the feel of SW, but it needs to be updated.

And no... it's not weird! Hope you get a good master! Choose wisely! :)

21. Jensaarai1219

Jensaarai1219 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    I have only recently returned due to the big episode 7 news. I find these new-fangled boards a bit different from what I remember and really wasn't the best master anyway.

I looked them both up and it has been a while since either has posted. I don't know when these boards were fully operational to know if either ever made it over.

22. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Recently, Skywalker_T-65, in the past..........there were nine or ten......

23. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    And that was in the EUC, not in here ;)

24. Emperor Von Schweetz

Emperor Von Schweetz Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    Haha, awesome!

25. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    My favorite boards are fanfic/NSWFF and Community.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.