main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Adventures - Anakin Skywalker, L/M, L/H, OCs and a few surprises. Sequel to New Kid

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Misty, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Insanity is a way of life for me it seems.

This takes place between New Kid and it's sequel.

xxxxxxxxx

Luka Jade Skywalker stood with her cousin Shmi Solo, their friends Miraj and Scintel and two other children Mac and Swank on a landing platform by the Senate Building with her and Shmi's grandfather.

Luka shivered from the strange feelings in the Force. It was too . . . bright and dark at the same time. Not like she was used to.

Then it struck her: she couldn't feel her mother or father!

She did the only thing a three year old child could do: she started to cry.

She felt her grandfather pick her up and hold her and Shmi close. ?It's going to be alright.? He whispered in their ears.

xxxxxxx

Anakin Skywalker, Force Ghost and Guardian of the Jedi Temple and of the Jedi was at a loss. It had started out as a normal day with him taking the six children to take them to meet the Supreme Chancellor. Why the Chancellor wanted to meet six three year old Jedi Younglings was a mystery to him.

But when they had reached the Senate Building something strange happened. Something that he couldn't describe. But the Force felt strange; as if the Balance had been messed with.

Muttering darkly to himself he he entered the building holding two of his younger grandchildren in his arms and the rest of the children trailing behind him.

A few senators and aides seemed to gawk at the sight of him carrying two children with four more following him like baby ducks. Anakin rolled his eyes in annoyance.

The deeper they went into the Senate building the more Anakin was aware that there was talk of a blockade and an emergency meeting of the Senate. A frown graced his features. He remembered nothing about a blockade but then he had been tending to some of his older grandchildren who thought that it would be fun to sneak out of the Temple with a friend.

Besides if it was important Anakin was sure that one of his children would have told him about it.

A pair of Jedi that he didn't recognize walked passed and gave him pointed looks. As if it was a crime to hold younglings when they were upset.

?Excuse me Master Jedi, but might I have a moment of your time?? A voice called out. Anakin paused and turned to the Senator that was approaching. Anakin tried and failed to place a name to the face but that wasn't surprising since he didn't exactly keep up with the names of the Senators; just the Supreme Chancellor who's name was Akita Barron from Ryloth.

The human male approached him looked familiar and looked to be one of the few survivors of the destruction of Alderaan.

He could feel the guilt fill him at the memory of watching as Alderaan was blown to bits. He could have stopped it but for reasons that seemed inadequate he had allowed Tarkin to destroy the planet filled with innocents.

The man smiled at the children who just stared back.

?I see that you are showing the future of the Jedi Order how the Senate works.? The man said brightly. ?Yes Senator.? Anakin said, using the Force to project his voice. The Senator nodded in approval. ?They need to know how the government works so that they can better serve the people of the galaxy.?

?You wished to speak to me.? Anakin prompted the man gently. ?Ah yes, I wanted you to set my mind at rest about Jedi being secretly dispatched to try to settle the matter with the blockade.? the man said.

Anakin sighed.

?I don't know anything about Jedi secretly being dispatched to try to settle a blockade. Besides the Council doesn't need to tell me of every move they make? He said as calmly as he could. He hated it when people thought that he knew every move that the Council was making.

The Senator looked abashed. ?I was just wondering if you knew if any had been because if there were then the Chancellor has gone behind the Senate's back in this manner.? he said.

?Do you have any idea what happens when a planet is blockaded?? Anakin asked the Senator. ?People starve if food has to be imported or any type of medical supplies. Sometimes people died by the hundreds. It is worse if the planet is invaded. I w

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Nice setup you've got here, Misty!

Poor Anakin went back in time with a bunch of three-year-olds. That should be interesting.

3. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Uh oh. This can't be good.[face_worried] Hopefully when Mara and Luke can't feel Luka and Leia can't feel Shimi, they'll know something's wrong. I guess this means Anakin's going to run into his nine-year-old self sometime soon... That should be interesting/awkward.

4. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Who said anything about time travel? But that would be interesting. *glares at cute plot bunny*

Um I rethought my decision and this is going to be the sequel to New Kid.

xxxxxxxx

Luke Skywalker paced the length of the room. He could feel the other Masters watching him. They had been in the middle of a discussion of what to do about Jaina and Jacen when there had been a disturbance in the Force.

He could barely feel Luka, his niece Shmi, his father, or the other children with him. It was unsettling.

He knew that his father would never do anything to the children. He could barely bring up the Dark Side without having some sort of problem. Besides why would he take them anywhere but the Senate Building to meet the Supreme Chancellor?

Had there been a problem along the way?

?Farm Boy, stop worrying about the meeting.? Mara's voice said calmly. ?Your father would rather be slowly tortured to death then let anything happen to Luka, Shmi and the others.? ?I know Mara but I can't shake the feeling that something has happened.? Luke said to her.

?She's right Luke,? Meer Aissur commented. ?Yes, your father wouldn't let anything happen to the Younglings.? Ric Shiva spoke up as well.

?I am sure that everything is going to be alright.? Tionne said in her comforting manner.

?Does anyone have any idea of what we could have Jaina and Jacen do that could knock some sense into them?? Luke asked as he sat down.

Mara leaned back against the wall. ?They don't like Raynar Thul well just because he asks good questions and they think that Padmé takes too much time thinking before she acts. I say that we send them to Rega IV and have them find things that have scattered over a section of the planet and they must find them; together.? She put out to the Masters.

Ayrin Bitters Sibwarra tilted her head to one side. ?A scavenger hunt?? she asked. Mara nodded. Dev Sibwarra smiled widely.

?That sounds like the perfect solution and if they have to work together it is even better.? Dev said, holding back laughter.

xxxxxxx

Jaina sighed as she scrubbed a mosaic in the Jedi Temple. ?Cleaning is for droids.? She mumbled to herself. ?Cleaning can be done by anyone and anything.? Mace Windu told her calmly.

She really didn't like this: cleaning the unused parts of the Jedi Temple. What compounded the whole boredom of the situation was that she was alone except for a Temple Guardian to make sure that she didn't run off and she wasn't allowed to speak mind to mind with Jacen.

?Maybe this will teach you not to leave the Temple without an adult.? Mace commented dryly. ?We had Bail.? She told her guard. ?And you were nearly taken by slavers. You would have never seen your family ever again if we had not found you in time. Bail was about to be overpowered and you know it.?

Jaina lowered her head. She wasn't sure whether she was annoyed or upset.

She went back to scrubbing the mosaic. ?What is this one of anyway?? she asked. ?This one was a gift from the Ashlans to the Jedi Order a few thousand years ago. The mosaic shows the power of the Force and the power of working together.? Mace explained.

Jaina looked back at the mosaic. The mosaic was divided into white and black right down the middle. Three people were prominent in the mosaic where everything else was slightly vague. The one on the white was a striking woman with her hair covered by something that looked like a cloak and piercing blue eyes. The one in the black was dressed in dark robes and the only thing that you could see of the face was the poisonousness yellow eyes. The last person was standing in the middle holding a set of scales in one hand and a globe that appeared to contain the galaxy and It's sister galaxies. Everyone else wasn't as detailed.

?The Force is depicted as Ashla and Bogden and the Chosen One stands between them keeping Balance. As you can see the faces of the other beings in the mosaic are indistinct to show that they could be anyone. You can see that those one the Light Side are standing against the ones on the Dark Side.? Mace said.

Jaina tuned him out and went

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] Nothing is cooler than time travel ;) And a scavenger hunt - combined with team work [face_thinking]

Notice you have Dev in here too =D= Nice touch.

6. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    What's gonna work? Team Work! And a Jedi Master ordered scavenger hunt!:D

Poor Anakin. I hope he figures out a way to get home soon. [face_worried]

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm sure you'll do fine, Misty, like you're doing so far. :)

I'm dying to know what happens next.

8. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Yes, Dev and Ayrin reappear from Rescue at Bakura, I felt that it was time to see them again instead of making a passing mention of them.

Thank you for the vote of confidence Hazel, it means a lot to me. :)

The question is: can they work together?

This is short because one I feel guilty for not posting this on Saturday and second when my Internet doesn't work I don't feel like writing then being unable to post. Silly excuses I am sure but it makes me feel better.

xxxxxx

Luka buried her face into her grandfather's shoulder and cried. She didn't like the Dark man and wanted her parents more than anything.

She couldn't understand how Mae could stand to be around him.

?Mac! Swank!? Her grandfather suddenly said. Padmé turned her head to see the two boys looking guilty.

?Let's go. We need to return to the Temple.? Her grandfather said gently. Luka lifted herself away and waved to Mae. ?Bye-bye!? She called out to her grandmother.

xxxxxx

Anakin shivered. Somehow they had traveled back in time. It was rather frightening and he had no idea how to get the children back to the right time.

He paused for a moment and let the children gather around him like baby ducks. His eyes drifted over all of the ones standing around him. Mac was a dark haired and eyed human boy that brought his friend Kitster to mind. Swank was a Chiss while both Miraj and Scintel were Zygerrian.

They were all calm for the most part expect for his two granddaughters Shmi and Luka who were in desperate need of naps.

Suddenly Anakin knew how o return to their time. All he had to do was return to the platform they had arrived at and use the Force.

Almost excitedly he set off with the children for the landing platform. They hadn't gone far when they nearly collided with a Muun.

?Hi,? Mac chirped.

xxxxxxx

Bail sighed as he packed a few things for the mission to Rega IV. He wasn't sure whether he should be relieved to be getting off of Coruscant for a few days or disappointed that he'd have to spend those days with his twin siblings.

He didn't mind the others but sometimes Jaina and Jacen got on his nerves.

?Bail, is Ani back yet?? His mother's voice suddenly asked. ?If he's back he hasn't been in here.? Bail called back as he left his bedchamber.

Bail watched as his mother pulled out her commlink and activated it.

A moment later an image of Ani appeared.

?Sorry Master but there appears to be a problem. We will be back at the Temple in a few moments.? The hologram fizzed out.

Bail watched as his mother rose an eyebrow but she must have felt no need to push the matter because she returned the device to her pocket.

xxxxxx

I might, MIGHT be getting a dog. Either a West Highland Terrier or Dachshund. It all depends on what my mother would rather have in her house (yeah I live with my parents still, I tried living on my own and nearly failed in the worst way possible).

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Naturally getting back won't be that easy LOL

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I hope Anakin manages to take the children home soon and before a certain Sith figures out what happened.

Yay on the possibility of you getting a new buddy. :D

11. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    I just hope for Anakin's sake that he gets back soon, and that the kids will all take naps on the way back.;)

12. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Don't worry too much about a certain Sith Lord. He'll have little to no idea what happened.

So short, but since many of you don't seem to mind I won't let it bother me.

xxxxxx

Padmé's eyes landed on a blanket that one of the young Jedi children had dropped. ?Rabé, why don't you return the blanket to it's owner.? She told her young handmaiden.

Rabé nodded and picked up the blanket and hurried off in the direction that the Jedi Master had gone.

xxxxxxxx

Anakin glared at the Muun. He could sense that there was more to the Muun then what he seemed but he couldn't tell.

Suddenly something clicked and he hissed softly. The Muun looked puzzled and Anakin quickly led the children around the Muun and led them to the landing platform using the Force to open the portal and get back to their own time.

He sighed as they walked through and he could feel the children relaxing as well. He pulled out his commlink and called Leia. ?Sorry Master but there appears to be a problem. We will be back at the Temple in a few moments.? He said the moment Leia's hologram appeared and then deactivated the commlink.

No sooner had the transmission ended then did a member of Akita Barron's staff approached him. ?Master Jedi, the Supreme Chancellor is too busy to meet the children today. We are so sorry that you have wasted your time.? The aide said.

Anakin nodded and hurried to the speeder that he had driven to the Senate.

xxxxxx

Rabé raced after the Jedi, praying that she would catch him before entering a speeder for the Jedi Temple.

For a few seconds her skin tingled, but the sensation quickly passed.

She spotted the Jedi Master place the last child in a speeder and leap inside. ?Wait!? she called out but the speeder was gone.

xxxxx

Oh dear!

Most likely I will be getting a Cairn Terrier. They are adorable! What? you don't know what a Cairn Terrier is? Toto from the Wizard of Oz is a Cairn Terrier.

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, best to take the children away. Was the Muun Plagueis?

I know that breed, they tend to be hunters and a bit happy, like most small dogs, but they are very cute. I have a neighbor that has a white one.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Don't wanna meet the chancellor any how :p

Glad they got away.

15. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    I'm glad Anakin and the kiddies got away from the evil Chancellor![face_dancing]

16. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Why Jade_eyes, the Chancellor of present day is nice.

And yes Book-Geek they got away.

Yes, Hazel the Muun was Plaugeuies. I was originally going to have more about that but changed my mind.

I think that this is the first time in a while that I have not felt so guilty about updating that my chapters are shorter than I would like. It's still short but I didn't feel a lot of guilt about not getting it done and that feels good.

xxxxx

Anakin Skywalker was ready to pull out his hair. Shmi had dropped her special blanket somewhere and she refused to go to sleep without it.

To make matters worse Luka, Galen and Ilona didn't want to sleep either.

Both Mara and Leia were needed elsewhere and Han was ferrying a team of Jedi somewhere and Luke was the leader fo the Order.

Usually the youngest four children of the families went down for their naps without complaint. But with Shmi crying about her blanket and Luka beyond tired.

He had done everything in his power to get the children to sleep excluding a Force Suggestion. At the moment he was pacing the sitting room holding a fussy Ilona in one arm and a cranky Galen in the other; praying for a miracle.

xxxxxxxx

It took Rabé a few minutes to flag down a taxi speeder. Lucky for her the driver was more than willing to take her to the Jedi Temple.

The driver let her out on the plaza and she hurried up the steps. Two hooded Jedi stood guarding the entrance they stood aside when they saw her. She found herself in a simple but lovely reception area.

Rabé took a moment to take everything in.

She mentally shook herself and hurried to the nearest Jedi. The Jedi, a tall near human, turned as she approached.

?Excuse me but some Younglings were at the Senate earlier and one of them dropped this.? Rabé said, holding the blanket out for the Jedi to see. The Jedi smiled. ?That belongs to Shmi Solo. She rarely sleeps without it.?

Rabé smiled gently, there was a time where she had refused to sleep without her toy shaak.

?You have my permission to deliver it.? The Jedi said. ?Shmi should be in either in suite 98-79 or 98-91.? He continued.

Rabé walked calmly to a bank of turbo lifts and punched in the 98 level.

A few minutes later she found herself in front of 98-79. She pressed the chime and waited. After a few minutes of nothing she headed for 98-91.

Once there she pressed the chime and waited. After a few moments the door slid open to reveal the Jedi Master from the Senate with two infants in his arms. Then Rabé got the shock of her life: she couldn't see a face in the hood.

She did what anyone would do: she screamed and then promptly fainted.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

You are probably like yeah right about Rabé fainting but hey she's under away of stress.

I am considering changing the title of this story to Adventures. What do you all think?

17. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    Eeek. Rabe just got a shock. Poor, poor girl...

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Poor Rabe! But at least Shmi gets her blankie back.

I think either name is good.

19. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    And Rabe is only going to get more confused

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Anakin sighed as he used the Force to float the unconscious woman to the sofa and gently set her on it.

It was going to be one of those days it seemed.

It was then that he noticed that his two youngest charges were fast asleep. Carefully he set them into their bassinets, praying that they would stay asleep.

He gently removed Shmi's blanket from the girl's grasp and silently entered the room where his two older charges were trying to sleep.

xxxxxx

Leia Solo sighed as she headed back for her quarters in the Jedi Temple. She was worn and just wanted to get some much needed sleep.

She punched in the code and strode in.

She paused for a moment at the sight of a member of the Senator of Naboo's handmaids sleeping on the sofa.

?She's completely worn out and if she hadn't fainted who knows how long she would have gone on.? Her father whispered to her. She nodded; remembering all to well burning the midnight oil when she was a senator.

xxxxxx

Rabé opened her eyes and quickly sat up, she was in an unfamiliar place. For a moment she panicked before a woman that reminded her her mistress knelt in front of her.

The woman looked like she imagined Queen Amidala to look like in the future: a mother. But this woman wasn't a dead ringer for the queen but she did have Nubian Roots.

?I contacted the senator yesterday and explained that you collapsed from exhaustion and explained that we would be keeping you here until you have recovered.?

Rade nodded slowly. The Jedi were known for their generous hearts.

?We're leaving.? A young man's voice said. Rabé turned her head to three teenagers walking towards the door of the apartment. Two had brown hair while the older one had silver hair.

?You behave while your on this mission.? The woman stated. ?Relax Mom,? the only girl in the group said.

Rabé's eyes bugged. Did that young Jedi just call this Jedi Master 'Mom'?

xxxxxxxx

Ailyn hesitated as she walked towards the shuttle that was going to be taking her and the others to Rega IV. She had begged the Masters to let her go as well. At first she doubted that they would let her go but after meditating the Masters agreed that she could go.

Finally everyone else arrived. Her friend Bail, Jaina and Jacen; Bail's younger twin siblings, Raynar, a boy that had lots of questions; Tenel Ka, a girl that sometimes acted regal; Padmé, the oldest daughter of both Master Skywalkers; and last but not least Ailyn's youngest sister Annika.

The group looked at her for a few moments. ?Don't tell me that you're coming too.? Jaina groaned. ?Yes, I am,? Ailyn said politely. ?I know that Rega IV was a planet held by the Separatists during the Clone Wars and that it hasn't been cleaned up so there's lots of droids and like equipment everywhere.? Ailyn continued.

Jaina nearly scowled.

At that moment Master Dev Sibwarra appeared. ?Come on everyone; it's time to go.? He said and walked onto the shuttle.

xxxxxxxxxx

20. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    Poor, poor Rabe. And Annika![face_dancing] I just adore her!

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed the updates - and both titles sound fine.

:)

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Rabe is going to start thinking she stepped into the twilight zone. ;)

23. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Yes, everyone, poor Rabe. Sadly I am not quite done picking on her. And if she doesn't think she stepped into the Twilight Zone she just might think that she is insane.

Hey everyone! I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now. I believe that this chapter is a little longer than normal and that makes me happy and I started a livejournal account: jediladymisty. My first post in a humor piece; feel free to check it out.

xxxxxxxxxx

Leia was puzzled by the woman's reaction.

?Are you feeling alright?? she asked the young woman. ?Where am I?? the girl asked, her voice shaking slightly. ?You are in my family's quarters in the Jedi Temple.? Leia replied. ?You passed out yesterday and slept until recently. You were exhausted and needed your sleep. Don't worry, Senator Abbé Kieru already knows as I said earlier so she's not too worried about you.?

The young woman blinked. ?Abbé Kieru?? she asked slowly. ?But-but the senator the represents Chommel Sector is Senator Palpatine.? The girl blurted out.

A loud crash came from the kitchen area. Leia winched. Most likely the crash was her father either throwing something or he just dropped several things.

The handmaid suddenly gasped. ?Your friend doesn't have a face!? She nearly screamed. Leia turned her head to see her father standing not to far away. Studying the girl with the Force.

?Your Queen just moved for a vote of 'No confidence' in the chancellor.? A man's voice said flatly. ?Yes,? the girl said; a hint of anger in her voice.

Leia stood. ?Why haven't we been informed that Akita Barron is being voted out of office?? She demanded to no one at all.

?Leia, the girl's from the past. When I first came to Coruscant in fact. She's one of your mother's handmaids.?

xxxxxxxxx

Jaina watched as Rega IV came into view. It was an uninhabited world with no intelligent life. The stories from the Clone Wars claimed that there were at least one droid factory down there but since people tried to colonize the world some years ago and failed it was hard to know since they left so much behind.

The ship broke through the atmosphere and headed for the ground.

They finally landed and Master Sibwarra came out of the cockpit with his wife Ayrin.

Jaina blinked. She didn't remember her coming aboard.

?Everyone out.? Master Ayrin Bitters Sibwarra said, lowering the gangplank. Everyone filed out and stood in a group in front of the ship.

?Now, you will either be staying here until you find all the items on your list or until a week is up.? Master Dev Sibwarra said. ?You have only one list so share and don't loose it. We will be waiting in orbit for your comm call.? He finished and handed Ailyn a commlink.

With that Dev and Ayrin turned and boarded the ship and took off.

xxxxxxx

Rabé felt as if she had been kicked. ?I'm from the past?? she asked slowly. ?But that's impossible. There's no such thing as time travel.? ?Only when the Force wishes it.? The man said gently.

?I have to get back!? she said trying to stand. ?You can't get back all by yourself. You need someone to open a portal for you and I can't open one right now and out of the two others that could open one for you one isn't here and they both haven't been taught how to open one.? The man explained.

xxxxxx

If you're really lucky I might post the next chapter of The Chosen One today and I'll find out if Dark Angel and DAC are ready for posting.

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    At least now Rabe knows what happened.

I hope the kids do alright.

25. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    Good luck, kiddies!

And hopefully Rabe will get home soon.