main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Advice on Stormtrooper E-11

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by h2osafety, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I think PVC Blaster Builders has tutorials for the stun cuffs.
    Here is the link to the tutorial:
    http://www.imperial-fleet.com/BBC/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9

As forthe baking soda with super glue idea... never heard of that. But hobby stores that carry CA glue (which is basically super glue) also carry Accellerator. Should be in the same section. Once you super glue to pieces together and spray some of that accerator stuff on it (wipe away the excess), you will have a permanent hold, pretty much immediately.

I know this works on ABS plastics, but I am not so sure about Sintra. Can anyone who has worked with Sintra shed any light on that one?

- Bill

2. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    CA glue cures by reaction with water ions. It exists in air, which is why CA glue cures normally, but Accelerator contains a higher concentration of it.

When CA glue reacts with baking soda it expands and forms crystals. I have never encountered that this would accelerate its curing time, though. In my experience, CA/baking soda mix can often stay mushy for a while.
    These crystals become very hard -- harder than the plastic used for armour, or the resin in my clone helmet. I use this mostly when I want to fill something that needs to be very strong or when I want to sculpt an edge onto something. Some times I use this method just to create an anchor for epoxy putty to make the item more durable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.