main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends After The War Book Three- I'm Alive ~Finished 4/13!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Boba_Fett_123, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Hmmm. I guess he is isn't he.

lordmaul13

2. Boba_Bunny_123

Boba_Bunny_123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2003
    Nobody cares...Ah, well, I had a huge brainstorm last night for the climax that'll leave you all speechless!

3. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    I care. :)

I hated it when Anakin died.

lordmaul13

4. Boba_Bunny_123

Mar 24, 2003
    -----------------------

Mon Calamari...

Leia, Han, and Jaina eagerly awaited Mara's safe return from the hospital wing. Cilghal had assured them she had suffered only minor burns and would be fine after a few hours in a bacta tank. Gilad Pellaeon and Cal Omas personally came to receive everyone back from Theed. As they all sat down to lunch together, a comm message arrived for Cal.

A tiny holo of Jacen Solo appeared on the table. He started without preamble. "The mission's failed. Ankyr Nuruodo is dead, he fell from a window."

Tenel Ka Solo stepped in. "We think he was pushed, and we're looking into it now."

Mara spoke into the holocomm. "Look for a woman named Shira Brie. We have reason to believe she is involved with the Chiss."

Jacen spoke again. "Ankyr was working with his father, who is still alive. If Shira is with anyone, it's him. Aunt Mara, you think this Shira Brie killed Ankyr?"

"I'd bet a lot of money on it."

"But enough with the bad news," Tahiri said. "We're coming back soon, and we all have a few surprises."

Mitthraw opened the door to his office, and coolly faced Shira Brie. "You killed my son. Why?"

"But Daddy, he pushed me first!" she whined mockingly. She aimed her blaster at him. "You told him to."

"He told you that? It's not true. But, we have more important things to worry about, the Jedi are on to us."

"They'll be here soon? What about Hapes?" She holstered the blaster.

"The bomb is set to explode in two hours."

5. Boba_Bunny_123

Mar 24, 2003
    Here's some more. I used macrobinoculars rather than electrobinoculars, because I haven't seen the former since the ANH novelization.

--------------------------

Jacen lowered the macrobinoculars. "Up there," he said. "In Fel's office. It's Shira."

"That must be where the Chiss went," Anakin said. The three were almost startled to hear his voice. It took some getting use to, seeing him again. They wanted to get home quickly, to surprise their families.

Tenel Ka stood first. She removed her lightsaber, and carefully took the door off its hinges. "Let's go."

Tahiri opened the elevator, and the four Jedi crowded in. Jacen Force-pulled the security cameras in the hallway off the walls. The elevator rose, then opened at the designated level. They had arrived in a waiting room. Opposite the elevator was a door that read "Baron Soontir Fel". Tahiri voiced the concern of the group. "If Fel's not here, where is he?"

Shira Brie had asked Mitthraw Nurodo the same question. Mitthraw smiled devilishly. "I have Fel under my thumb." Suddenly, the door was kicked in, and four Jedi stood at the door.

Shira unholstered her blaster and spun toward the Jedi. "Ah--Jedi brats."

Jacen's emerald blade sprung to life, and he stepped forward. "Where's Baron Fel?"

Shira's grin grew wider. "And the Solo babies, too." Her gaze fell on Anakin. "Aren't you dead?"

Anakin's blade lit as well. "Apparently not. You must be Shira Brie."

"Good guess. Mitthraw, what now?"

Mitthraw had backed slowly away. "We can't take four Jedi, so---"

"The bomb!" Shira exclaimed. "Tell them about the bomb!"

Mitthraw sat in the desk. "Of course...If everyone will put their weapons away?"

Slowly, two lightsabers disengaged. Shira was the last to put down.

Mitthraw began. "Simply put, you have a decision to make. The Chiss were never prominent. We were not part of the Old Republic. The Empire found us, and allowed us to remain neutral. However, Palpatine had his terms. He took my brother, and forced us to develop superweapons. After the Emperor's death, I tried to convince the Chiss Ruling Council to use those weapons on the remnants of the galaxy; everything could have been ours.

"But the Council refused. They then turned control of the military over to Baron Fel, who ordered the weapons destroyed. My son was charged with the task. Under my orders, he instead hid the weapons. When my brother launched his campaign nine years later, I offered the weapons to him. He declined, saying that it would not be noble of him. I knew that the New Republic would not last long, and when Borsk Fey'lya took Presidency, I realized it was only a matter of time. When the Yuuzhan Vong came, I was able to sway Fel enough that he only sent a small squadron to the New Republic. No matter which side won, the weapons would be free to use. In the end, the Galactic Alliance was formed, and shortly thereafter defeated the Vong and the New Empire at Mon Calamari. When the Galactic Alliance offered the Chiss the opportunity to join up, I knew it was my chance.

"I convinced the Council to send a Representative to the Alliance's ruling Council. When they asked whom I would suggest, I of course recommended my son, Ankyr. He played his part tremendously, though you Jedi still grew suspicious, which I assume is why you are here. But now, our most brilliant weapon is armed. The Chiss Bomb is a powerful missile that drills almost to a planet's core. A similar prototype of the Empire's caused all a planet's volcanoes to erupt, covering the cities in liquid hot magma. However, ours causes tremors that are so intense that the planet blows apart. That explosion causes such a great sonic boom that it extends through other planets in a system, destroying them as well.

The Chiss Bomb is currently located on the central planet of the Hapes Cluster and is set to activate in two hours."

Shira stepped forward. "Make it sixteen. That offers them a choice." She punched Mitthraw in the arm, in an

6. Boba_Bunny_123

Mar 24, 2003
  7. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    I like lots of exposition. I like to read more rather than less in one post.

Hopefully they have a better wrestler, I mean plan, to defeat The Chiss Bomb! :p

lordmaul13

8. Boba_Bunny_123

Mar 24, 2003
    8-} It is not a wrestler!!

--------------------------------------

Jacen looked at his wife hopelessly. Tenel Ka, however, rose to the occasion as usual. "There's nothing we can do. Get a message to Mon Calamari, then we'll head home."

On Mon Calamari, Leia eagerly answered the next message. Jacen's face appeared on the Alliance loan-ship. "Mom! The Hapes Cluster is gonna be completely obliterated in sixteen hours! Get a message to Isolder and Ta'a Chume, and tell them to evacuate!"

Before Leia could respond, Jacen had signed off. Immediately, Leia paged Mara Jade, who was working temporarily in Comms. She relayed the message, and within an hour, Ta'a Chume asked for a conference with Cal Omas, Gilad Pellaeon, and Leia.

The old hag's face appeared on a large holoprojector. "What nonsense is this?" the woman asked accusingly. Leia did not fancy another grueling conversation with Ta'a Chume.

"Queen Mother, it isn't nonsense," Omas assured her. "Your people must evacuate; they are in mortal danger!"

Ta'a Chume looked snootily at the three rulers. "There is no such weapon that can destroy an entire cluster, not anymore. The Sun Crusher was the last of them."

Gilad Pellaeon spoke. "Queen Mother, this is not an Imperial weapon. The Chiss have harbored without our knowledge, and we have been led to believe that the Chiss Ruling Council has been unaware of its existence."

A look of terror crossed Ta'a Chume's face. "You are serious...My people will evacuate immediately, if not sooner."

Jacen expertly landed the ship at the Mon Calamari port. Four hours until Mitthraw's deadline. Leia had commed him earlier to say that all systems should be safely evacuated in time. Now for the good news. Anakin and Tahiri were to stay behind on the ship for a moment as a welcoming comittee arrived. Leia embraced her son. Jaina ruffled his hair, and hugged him as well, along with Han. Omas and Pellaeon shook his and Tenel Ka's hands. Jacen then addressed the crowd. Kenth Hamner watched knowingly, a shadow of a smirk crossing his face. "We have some good news," Jacen said. He took Tenel Ka's hand. "Tenel Ka and I got married." Leia shrieked in joy, and smothered the couple with hugs and kisses. Han hugged Tenel Ka, along with Jaina, and congratulated Jacen. Tahiri stepped out of the ship now. "There's more." She poked her head in the ship. "Come on out."

Anakin exited the ship. Tears streamed down both his parents' faces, and they both rushed toward him. "Anakin..." Leia was speechless. Kenth Hamner was now smiling widely, and Mara ran to her nephew. Cal and Pellaeon warmly welcomed Anakin back.

Mmmm...
    I get wings to fly
    Oh, I'm alive

When you call on me
    When I hear you breath
    I get wings to fly
    I feel that I'm alive

When you look at me
    I can touch the sky
    I know that I'm alive

When you bless the day
    I just drift away
    All my worries die
    I'm glad that I'm alive

You've set my heart on fire
    Filled me with love
    Made me a woman on clouds above

I couldn't get much higher
    My spirit takes flight
    'Cause I'm alive

(When you call on me)
    When you call on me
    (When I hear you breath)
    When I hear you breath
    I get wings to fly
    I feel that I'm alive
    I am alive

(When you reach for me)
    When you reach for me
    Raising spirits high
    God knows that

That I'll be the one
    Standing by

Through good and through trying times

And it's only begun
    I can't wait for the rest of my life

(When you call on me)
    When you call on me
    (When you reach for me)
    When you reach for me
    I get wings to fly
    I feel that

(When you bless the day)
    When you bless, you bless the day
    I just drift away
    All my worries die
    I'm glad that I'm alive

When you bless the day
    (I just drift away)
    I just drift away
    All my worries die
    I know that I'm alive

I get wings to fly
    God knows that I'm alive

------------------------------

Special thanks again to Celine Dion.

And a plug: If you are interested in hearing any of the

9. Boba_Bunny_123

Mar 24, 2003
    up

The story is almost finished, and the next book will be utterly devoted to building up to book five. New post tonight, I hope.

10. Boba_Bunny_123

Mar 24, 2003
    Here's a sad one...

--------------------

Shira Brie entered the dark office. Four hours until Hapes was due to explode. Mitthraw was sound asleep in his quarters. She removed the Chiss Bomb program, and turned on the low power glowlamp. She found the button she was looking for:

DETONATE

Ta'a Chume watched the result of her handiwork. The majority of her planet had been evacuated, and she had received word that the other planets in the cluster were making similar progress. "Queen Mother!" her aide called. "You must be leaving now."

"Just a moment," she said over her shoulder. "I want to see it one last-"

The bomb detonated. The center planet erupted from the force. A sonic boom emanated from the planet, striking the surrounding cluster. Each planet fell out of orbit, collapsing as it did so. Ships that had not entered lightspeed exploded instantly. The Hapes Cluster was gone, along with nearly 2/3 of its population.

11. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    I've been bad. Sorry I haven't been by in a few days.

It is not a wrestler!!

Oh right, I forgot. :p

Gilad Pellaeon spoke. "Queen Mother, this is not an Imperial weapon. The Chiss have harbored without our knowledge, and we have been led to believe that the Chiss Ruling Council has been unaware of its existence."

A look of terror crossed Ta'a Chume's face. "You are serious...My people will evacuate immediately, if not sooner."

I would've figured she'd take more convincing. *shrugs*

Anakin exited the ship. Tears streamed down both his parents' faces, and they both rushed toward him. "Anakin..." Leia was speechless. Kenth Hamner was now smiling widely, and Mara ran to her nephew. Cal and Pellaeon warmly welcomed Anakin back.

Aaaaaawwwwwww. [face_love] [face_love]

"Just a moment," she said over her shoulder. "I want to see it one last-"

She didn't have much time for that last look.

lordmaul13

12. Boba_Bunny_123

Mar 24, 2003
    Thank you for the comments! Much appreciated! I did that line with Ta'a Chume to show she wasn't completely inane. Obviously, it worked, so that makes my day.

13. Boba_Bunny_123

Mar 24, 2003
    ------------------------

Mara Jade Skywalker looked, mouth agape, at the transmission from Hapes, again and again, watching the sudden end to the recording, and to the lives of so many.

A technician called over to Kenth Hamner. "The casualties are currently at 93,511. The numbers are still skyrocketing."

Kenth grimaced. "They'll be in the hundreds of thousands before long. I can't believe this. Mitthraw lied to them."

Mitthraw Nuruodo stormed angrily into his office, to find Shira Brie reclined at his desk. "What the hell were you thinking?"

"You wanted to set an example, right?"

Mitthraw stared her down. "What you did was dishonorable. Even I have ethics."

Shira stood. "Screw ethics. I'm in this for the fun of it."

"You're insane."

Shira smiled. "Took you long enough. Listen, the Alliance is going to be up in arms over this for a long time. It gives us enough time to sneak into the Deep Core."

"The Vong remnants are still there."

Shira patted Mitthraw on the back. "You can handle the Vong. And then we will show this galaxy our true power."

"I have a bad feeling about this. Like I've told you too much."

Shira casually slid her hand to her blaster. "Hey, you could be dead."

THE END

14. Boba_Bunny_123

Mar 24, 2003
    And after that abrupt ending, only two books to go! And I'm squeezing my Episode III script in, too. And the YJK Fan Cartoon script. This will be a fun week.
    8-}

15. Boba_Bunny_123

Mar 24, 2003
  16. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Hmmm. Mitty, I think Shira has outlived her usefulness. Time to whack her.

lordmaul13

17. Boba_Bunny_123

Mar 24, 2003
    But now Shira has Mitthraw afraid of her...Plus, Mitthraw knows she's rather hard to kill. Shira won't be dying anytime soon. I have too much fun with her, and she is very integral to the plot. The new story will be up soon, and it will be interesting. Short, but interesting. And then the explosive conclusion in book five. I can't wait. :D

18. Boba_Bunny_123

Mar 24, 2003
    I hope to have the new story up by tonight, and I may have time to do a little in school, but I'm not sure.

19. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    I didn't think you'd whack her. It just sounds like time for it if you're Mitty.

lordmaul13

20. Boba_Bunny_123

Mar 24, 2003
    Perhaps...I'll keep this up for everyone that needs to catch up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.