main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Ahh!! Real Monsters! (A Post-Apocalyptic Game)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by MCPO_John_117, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCPO_John_117

MCPO_John_117 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2007
    Ahh!! Real Monsters

The world is full of stupid ignorant people. They don?t notice anything unless it effects there small self-absorbed realities. So when the monsters world merged with ours the people didn?t realize it until it was too late. Cities burned, people died, and the monsters thrived. That was twenty-six years ago. These days humanity is on the endangered species list. We live in a few scattered shielded cities, while the monsters run rampant in the world. Life outside the cities is practically non-existent.
    The shields were invented by scientist Henry Takagi. He devised a way to make shields to repel the monsters, but the shields needed incredible amounts of power. He found that a strange substance he named Tobikiributsu ore, or Tobik ore for short, could be refined into a crystalline fuel substance with high energy output. It was apparently part of the monsters world, and deposits of the ore appear at random. The monsters also use the ore, as it is a source of food for them. It also gives the monsters their ?Powers?. Science has yet to figure out that aspect of the ore. New sources of ore are constantly needed. For that reason the cities employ ?Gatherers?.
    Gatherers are people who go and retrieve Tobik ore. They are usually well trained and well armed. Tobik is hazardous. Gatherers receive special training to handle the ore, and accept the risk of working with it. Gatherers are paid on commission, as Tobik ore is the most sought after commodity in the world today.

Hey everyone, and welcome to Ahh!! Real Monsters.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RULES:

Rule 1: Obey the Tos! No exceptions.

Rule 2: No godmodding, except when enabled by me or a Co-GM.

Rule 3: No controlling other players with out their permission. For those who team up I adv working out how much control to give each other in battle.

Rule 4: The GM (that?s me) is GOD! What I say goes.

Violation of any rule (except Rule 1) will result in a written warning in a Pm. Second violation will be a warning in the thread along with a character penalization, whose severity will be based on the rules broken. As for Rule 1 those who break it will have no warnings they will be banned from the thread, and I will notify the Moderators.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game play
    Game play is as follows, Zombies are weak and the most abundant monsters. The player can control them and kill them at will. Just make them act like zombies.
    Orcs can also be killed by the player. They are rare so don?t use them all the time.
    Any other monster will be controlled by me.
    I am going to try out the consequence system. Basicly the Idea is to let you act out your scene, and if it is an important scene, then I?ll roll for an outcome, and post it later. Example:

John raised his rifle, and sighted in on the large humanoid lizard. He squeezed the trigger and sent three rounds into its head. John slung his rifle, and headed out.
    End Post

I roll to see how the lizard reacted. A high roll and the lizard stays dead. (I also take into account your skills and quality of your post)
    Or
    I rolled a low number. The resulting consequence post would look like this.

John was on his way to the tobik supply. When the lizard came out of no where, and clipped him in the shoulder. John could see the blood on its face where the bullets had hit the skull and skipped off.
    End Post
    The consequence post could come at anytime, after the initial post.
    Most players will be Lower class citizens, but I will accept a few Upper classers. Soldiers work for the City. They organize Gatherers. And accompany them on there outings.

Character Sheets

Name: (the name you go by)
    Age: (remember anyone under 26 was born in the cities and doesn?t know what life was like before the merge)
    Class: (Upper or lower citize

2. MCPO_John_117

MCPO_John_117 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2007
    looks like no one is interested. can a moderator please close and delete this thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.