main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Ahoy Mateys!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Mar 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Arrrrr.

Swung by the mall again on my way home and managed to pick up a couple of Yodas and R2 before the toy pirates snatched 'em up. If anyone's interested (Chris? David?) - let me know.

2. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Mark me down for an R2.

(btw, How much were they?)

3. Bertramtalespinner

Bertramtalespinner Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2000
    Oooh, ooh, Rob, is that the yoda in his council chair? If so, put me down for it.

I've been to a couple of Walmarts and one TRU in the last two days and seen SOME POTJ, but nothing I REALLY wanted.

I want a Calamari, but not for 12.00. And I saw a max rebo/rodian combo for 9.99 that I almost grabbed, but didn't know if maxcame out of his keyboard.

Oh, and I saw a hoth playset at a Canafdian Tire a while back, and wasn't sure if anyone would be interested.

Chris

4. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey Tragic,

You finally found a Yoda for Chris.
    The poor guy has had absoluty no luck with that figure...

Guess what, I finally got the Yatto's box
    set.

5. Bertramtalespinner

Nov 24, 2000
    Mmmmmmmmmmm...Watto's Box...

Watto the guy with the big head and? Is that a female Twilek in there?

Where and how much Crazy Mike?

6. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    geez lousie...

you know you need to finish your essay on Who Persecuted the early Christians and why (A.D 64-250)? When you read this thread as:

Ahoy Martyrs!

7. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Sorry about the spelling there Chris, Yatto
    what was I thinking of. Yes actually I purchased Watto's box set in the US at Brian's toys for about $40ish. It was one
    of the last EP1 items that I dont own and
    I have been trying to find one for some time
    now. I wish I had a digital camera so that
    I could post some photos of my Star Wars room. It actually is starting to look pretty
    good.

I have only seen Calamari for 12.00 too and
    that is what I paid for him. I am sure he will show up somewhere cheaper. I wish I had more time to shop around so that I would not pay as much as I do for these figures. I would not mind grabbing another rebo/rodian combo as someone was asking me about the combo at some point. Max does come out of his keyboard. We should see the next wave of figures in the next few weeks.

8. Bertramtalespinner

Nov 24, 2000
    Ouch, that's a lot for the Box. Is that a female Twilek in the box as well?

The Rebo/Rodian combo was gone when I went back today... :(

However, I have seen more POTJ figures around, still none I want, but at least the pegs are not bare. If you're looking for Solo, Soft Qui-Gon, Old Obi, Ani or boomer Damage, then you are in luck.

but I did get some old figs for $3 each at a shop in hamilton. Sure they are loose and missing weapons, but when you want them for RPG, customs etc... ehn!

9. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    What shop in Hamilton and where? I'm at MAC, if they are a decent price, I might be able to pick stuff up...though, with non 'nough mulla ta trade...I'll have to dance a jig and call the boss, skip. Or I could get a job washing the windows of all the cars backed up at the entrances to the university, thanks to the strikers...hmm..yes, I will be a squigee (sp?) kid, That what a university edumacation is worth nowadays.

10. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Yep - he's in his comfy blue chair.
    I've got him set aside for you and an R2 for David. Any other takers for a Yoda with a comfy chair?

11. Bertramtalespinner

Nov 24, 2000
    Tragic- what do I owe you and how do I get my plastic fix off of you?

Crazy Mike - the place with the $3 loose figures is Big B Comics on upper James, it's right near the uh, the uh, the parkway thing, I don't know, I don't like Hamilton it's all backwards.

But there's also a Walmart on Upper James, not that they had much exciting...

Chris
    -off to touch up a battle droid...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.