main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ahsoka has to die sometime, right?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by JediMasterKendo, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    That was not needed, Rumblewagon. [face_tired]

2. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Can you provide a reasonable and rational argument as to why it is not needed? The title as it stands now pre-supposes that Ahsoka needs to die...and by association, implies that she should die. That's a presumptive argument which steers people towards a false conclusion.

3. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, the title is a question. If you think she should die, you answer yes and explain. If you think she shouldn't, you answer no and explain. It might be a bit loaded towards Ahsoka dying, but that's just because the majority of people assume that she will.

4. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    By that logic, if Ahsoka had been created as a video game character first and then branched off into other forms of media you wouldn?t have had a problem with her?

As it stands Ahsoka has no impact on ROTS whatsoever. Starkiller founded the Rebel Alliance; I say that had quite an impact on the OT.

5. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    I think you may have misunderstood a little, Ahsoka not being in ROTS has sparked a continuity error and a controversy came as a result. Starkiller though founding the Rebel Alliance yes, doesn't hold the same power because of his relationship with Vader/Anakin. Chances are the rebellion would have been founded some other way because in the EU, there are other Jedi that could have help establish it. Rahm Kota comes to mind. yes, the fact remains that it was Marek that started it, but it could have been anyone. Ahsoka not being in ROTS raises issues such as where is she? Why isn't she here? Why isn't she mentioned? Is she dead? Etc. That is was I meant in that statement.

6. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Well, I guess I'd understand some of the reasoning behind her overpoweredness. Again, I'm not too familiar with Starkiller, so who's to say I would or wouldn't have a problem with him? He's not exactly sounding great to me at this point.

And I still think it's a different scenario with Ahsoka. With all that's happening in the OT, I don't think it's that important who created the Alliance. Ahsoka is Anakin's Padawan and the other main characters from the films know it. She's a main hero in the Clone Wars, and plus she's more involved in an overall story I do follow, so consider the 'personal canon' aspect.

7. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010
    Sure without Starkiller story the OT would turn out the same. Someone else would probably have founded the rebellion, heck someone else probably did before Starkiller was retconed into the mix. But to say Starkiller is not a continuity problem because the OT would be the exact same with or without him isn't much of a point. ROTS would still be the same without TCW. After TCW ends I have a funny feeling that ROTS will still be fundamentally the same movie as it was before, some people may have a different way of looking at it after TCW, but I doubt anything will actually be changed.

Ahsoka and Starkiller are both characters that where added out of the blue, they are both characters that are familiar with much of the main cast, they are both never mentioned in later material. The reason Starkiller is a bigger problem is because the things that Starkiller did actually had a serious impact of the fate of the galaxy.

8. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Perhaps, but wouldn't Ahsoka be just as important to the fate of Anakin. Clearly he is attached to her, and part of the reason he fell, if not the reason, was his attachment issues. To say Ahsoka doesn't have an impact on the galaxy is still to early to call.

9. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010
    True, he was attached to Ahsoka, but the reason he fell was because of Padme. He also had an attachment to Obi-wan but that was irrelevant in his fall, all that mattered to him at that point was Padme.

Also true, but I doubt there is anything left for Ahsoka to do. The Rebel Alliance has been founded. Sidious told everyone were Grievous was. Maybe Ahsoka was the reason Anakin changed his wardrobe, who knows?

10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Anakin's ROTS robes were the same as his in AOTC.

11. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    For the most part, but the tunic with sleeves he wore in ROTS was much darker.

See AOTC
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/anakinskywalker/img/ep2_12.jpg

Vs.

ROTS
    http://www.sonsofthesuns.com/reference/ROTS/Promo/images/anakin_and_obi-wan_1.jpg

12. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Visually, though, they do look the same. Mainly every Jedi in ROTS had no clone armor so I don't think that's a factor of something that occurred. Of course Lucas probably didn't care for the look. :p

13. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.