main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Alabama's First and Only Official SW fan club! - Very Active Members!

Discussion in 'Archive: Huntsville, AL' started by Danamel99, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danamel99

Danamel99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    Hi guys, some of you may know me from the Lit. boards here and others may not But I wanted to drop a line to let all of you know that Alabama has a wonderful new Fan Club for SW and it's completely free! There are always at least 3 people on the message boards...there are RPG's, EU forums, Collecting forums....we meet all the time! We even have a lightsaber workshop happening soon! We are working on Fan Films, Fan Comics, all kinds of fan art... We do in costume and no costume charity work and are in the process of setting up an interview with Ewan when he comes to town! We have about 60 active members now and continue to grow every day. Some of you may have seen us in the Tuscaloosa News, B'ham News or on all of the local B'ham TV news stations....we are a very active group and did I mention that since it is fan based and souly done for the love of SW that it's completely free? Even if you don't live directly in Huntsville it doesn't matter, we have meetings all over. We just had a big paddy wagon head to Dragon Con and had people at Celebration II as well. Come on over and join our VERY active club! We all meet in the Message Forums...and for those of you that RPG, we are just starting an new game! Hope to see some new faces from here soon!

The Star Wars Syndicate! Alabama's Premier SW Fan Club

MTFBWY!

2. Bors_Kaegel

Bors_Kaegel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Hello TheForce.Net! Kevin here, Fan Club President and Founder of the Alabama Star Wars Syndicate. I'd like to take this time to invite all of you from the Huntsville area to our next state-wide meeting.

We'll be discussing forming our state's two listed FanForces, under the guidance of the relatively large member base of the SWS. Heck, we're even assisting the 501st in forming an Alabama garrison!

If you are interested in starting the Huntsville FanForce, and wish to meet a lot of other fans from our state, visit out website at http://www.swsyndicate.com and check our Upcoming Events section for details on our next meeting.

3. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    I wanted to let you guys know that your website is awesome. Very clean looking and very easy to navigate. Big kudos to the webhead that put that place together.

4. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    That would be Bors_Kaegel. :) It's almost fun pointing out things that aren't working properly or need to be rewritten bacause of poor grammar.

5. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Is it as fun as pointing out poor spelling?

bacause = bEcause

;)

6. Bors_Kaegel

Bors_Kaegel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Thank you for your kind compliment, Allie Fox! :D

If you live within the great state of Alabama, I invite you to join our state-wide club as well! We are an extrememly active group of fans, meeting regularly and scheduling fun events.

May the Force be with you!

7. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Thanks. I'm in Middle Georgia and don't get to Bama very often.

I'd like to check out the Space Center one day. Perhaps I can plan a trip around a Huntsville meeting.

8. CorranHorn24

CorranHorn24 Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2001
    Dude, your site ROCKS! I am prabably moving to Huntsville later this year, possibly even in the spring, now that Ive seen how big y'all are with Star Wars, cant wait to be there!

9. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    *waves hand* This IS the club your looking for :D

10. xSithHappensx

xSithHappensx Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    What? No link to episode-x? ;)

Let me know when there's a Huntsville meeting. I might check it out.

11. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    so your from huntsville? why don't you come join our club! you'de find out faster on there if there was going to be a huntsville meeting! :D

because not to many of us are on this board much.

www.swsyndicate.com

12. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    If anyone out there is from alabama,and does not belong to our club already.I like to encourage you to come join! we have a lot of meetings,our club is very active,and you'de have a lot of fun!

so please come join!!! :D

13. Bama_Trooper

Bama_Trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    "Alabama's Only Official SW FanClub"

...How can you say that? This board is for another Alabama Club too, plus ther are other regional clubs that Alabama is included in also????

"Official" implies that Star Wars has ties to your club or something...

From what i understand a couple of people led by Kevin G., decided to start thier own SW fan club a year ago. Now that's great and all, but I dont think its a good idea for every person who starts their own SW club to label themselves in such a way, and them post it on theforce.net?

I am excited as you that there is a lot of SW clubs in the south now, but i think your club leader might not want to you to post "official" in his club's discription.

There are lots of fan clubs out there, but only one offical SW Fan Club. Even the 501st Legion that i belong to is an un-official group and we make sure folks know that in out disclaimers on our site...

I would have expected someone to have deleted or modified this thread by now but i guess this forum is unmoderated. Whomever started the thread might want to ask to have it removed to avoid any future confusion for new visitors to this Fan Force site.

..............End Imperial Transmission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.