main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"All At Once" (sequel to "Anchor") K/J *COMPLETED 05 DEC!*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Dec 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Okay, I was told I need to post this one here, so here it is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: The title of this story comes from a Whitney Houston song I heard a few days ago while in the car with my mother.There's a section that says "All at once/I'm drifting on an endless sea/Wishing you'd come back to me". Thought it fit, since this is sort of a sequel to "Anchor". This story is a little weird, and I wrote it all in one weekend, so please, forgive any errors in continuity.

Also, I don't own any of these characters except for Eavan.

Summary: Jaina's life gets really weird? Just kidding. ahem Five months after the death of her lover, Jaina Solo is on a
    quest to reach his spirit.

"All At Once" by DantanaSkywalker

The wind outside the small house, with its broken, blast-charred door, howled as it tore past. Standing by the window, Jaina Solo smoothed a hand over the small swelling under the loose robes that swathed her petite form.

The robes were hers now, but once hadn't been. They still carried the scent of their previous owner, and Jaina found that a comfort. She could pretend he was still alive, that at any moment, he would walk in and put his arms around her. Never mind that he had only done that once when alive.

She pressed her hand against the bulge of her stomach and something pushed back. Jaina stretched out with the Force and caressed the life within her. Her son, whom she would name after his father.

She had come here, to the remains of the Deyer colony, in the Anoat system, in an effort to reach the man who had spent the first eight years of his life here.

There were two bedrooms, along with a refresher, a kitchen, and a common room, off of which everything branched.

"Are you here?" she asked softly, to the galaxy at large. "Can you hear me?"

Nothing answered but the crashing of the waves against the dock outside.

Jaina moved away from the window and caught up a heavy, brown robe. It reached the floor on her, but she didn't care. As she settled onto a broken repulsorfield sofa that she'd cleared of dusty and grime, she thought about how amazed she'd been that after twenty-seven years, the house still stood, even left to the elements.

A black cape was spread across the back of the sofa. It shimmered as she drew it over her. It, too, had belonged to him. It had been his favourite possession, and was no one of hers.

Five months ago, he'd died, killed by the Yuuzhan Vong. He'd died saving her. Jaina's only reason to cherish the memory of that day was that the night before, he had made love to her for the first and only time.

She hoped, almost desperately, that her child would look like his father. She had never told anyone who she had created this life with, or even that she was pregnant, though her brother had found out not too long ago. He still didn't know who the father was.

Perhaps they would know when her son was born.

The baby kicked again. Jaina smiled and lightly rubbed her stomach, sending soothing thoughts to her child. Then she settled into sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana

2. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Next part. This is a flashback, just so you don't get confused.

The sounds of battle surrounded her. Jaina looked around, and found herself back at that last battle, the battle where she had lost him.

She spotted him on the far side of the clearing, fighting two warriors at once. His ponytail had come undone, and his hair fell around his shoulders. She steeled herself and headed his way. Maybe this time, in her dream, she could save him.

Before she reached him, halfway to his side, she was stopped by a Yuuzhan Vong. He lunged at her with his amphistaff.

Jaina felt as if she were moving in slow motion, reliving it all. She fought furiously, trying desperately to defeat this warrior, knowing he was all that kept her from him.

She swung her weapon, the tip of the purple blade grazing the ribcage of the warrior in front of her. Jaina stepped in closer, to try for a better angle, and narrowly missed getting sliced in two by the amphistaff. She jumped back, and nearly fell.

"Jaina!"

Suddenly, Kyp was there, blocking the blow that would have killed her with his lightsaber. His dark hair flew around his head, his face covered in sweat and blood that ran from a cut on his forehead.

She struggled to straighten, her eyes on Kyp. Her stomach hurt, right across her waist. Why was she having trouble breathing?

Jaina looked down to see her arm and shirt covered in blood. The Yuuzhan Vong hadn't missed. He had cut her straight across her stomach. Shock enveloped her, and she fell to her knees.

"Kyp?" she murmured.

He looked to her for one fateful second, something he shouldn't have done. The warrior he fought saw an opening and took it, thrusting forward with his amphistaff. It caught Kyp low in the belly, and to her horror, tented the back of his shirt. The warrior twisted the amphistaff viciously, and yanked it out.

His green eyes went wide with surprise. Jaina surged to her feet, her lightsaber already flashing in an arc that caught the Vong warrior at the seam between helmet and neck, slicing his head in half as it swept up.

As the warrior fell, Jaina dropped to the ground, pulling Kyp's head and shoulders onto her lap. "Kyp? Kyp!"

There was blood everywhere. It gushed across his stomach and pooled on the ground, turning the dust into bloody mud. Jaina put pressure on the wound, but couldn't do anything to stop the bleeding.

She pushed hair out of his eyes, leaving a bloody smear on his face. "Kyp," she sobbed.

He weakly raised a hand, and tried to touch her face. "Ja . . . Jaya."

"Don't leave me," Jaina begged, grabbing his hand, kissing his fingers. "You'll be okay. We've just got to get you-"

"No." The word was barely audible. "Dying. Jaina."

"No, no, you're not dying," she said, though there was a hitch in his breathing, and the light in his eyes was fading. She could barely feel him in the Force now, and it terrified her. "No, please. Please don't go. Please."

A faint, weak smile appeared on his face. "Jaya . . . I love . . ."

He shuddered once, and went limp. She felt his spark of life go out, and then, horribly, he began to disappear.

"No!" she cried. "No, Kyp! No! I love you!"

But Kyp Durron was gone, completely.

Jaina Solo knelt in the blood and dirt and screamed.

The wordless cry of agony tore through the clearing, drowning out the sounds of battle. Eyes, of Jedi and Vong, began looking her way.

"Liar!" she shrieked. "You said you wouldn't leave me!"

Then she climbed to her feet, picked up Kyp's lightsaber, and began systematically killing the Vong. The two purple sabers
    she wielded swung in deadly arcs, severing limbs and heads, and punctured weak spots in armour. She fought as if possessed, moving quickly and powerfully, despite the terrible wound she'd suffered, both physically and mentally. The other Jedi could do nothing but watch, and kill those she didn't get.

After the last warrior fell, Jaina stood in the middle of the clearing, drenched

3. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    More.

Jaina woke in a cold sweat, immobile on her back, heart pounding, unable to breathe. Slowly, slowly, she sat up, holding his cape close, like a security blanket.

For a long time, she had stopped sleeping because of the nightmare. For three straight months, she had had the dream, reliving his death over and over, every time she closed her eyes.

She sighed and swung her legs over the edge of the sofa, her feet touching the cold floor. Jaina glanced at the window, with its dusty curtain, and saw that it was still dark out. A glance at her wrist chronometre told her she still had at least two hours until dawn.

The baby had sensed her anxiety and was panicked. She sent soothing thoughts to her son, lightly rubbing her stomach. "It's okay, baby. It's okay. We're okay. Go back to sleep."

As soon as he'd settled back down and stopped kicking, Jaina got up and went outside. Quietly, she stepped out of the
    house and onto the dock, one that ran the length of the beach, with extensions jutting out over the water. The wind had died down somewhat, and the waves no longer pounded the ancient wooden structure. She wrapped the black cape tighter around herself, to ward off the cold. The boards were wet beneath her bare feet.

She sensed the presence a moment before an all-too-familiar voice said, softly, "Jaina."

Jaina slowly turned. The wind whipped her hair into her eyes. As she brushed it away, she saw a lean, glowing figure just feet away. The blue light almost washed the green from his eyes.

Shock almost knocked her over. She drew a breath and the salty air stung her lungs.

"Kyp," she breathed. Tears burned in her eyes.

He walked forward, his robes not stirring in the fierce wind. "I've been trying to reach you for months."

"I'm sorry," she whispered. She found herself moving forward. "I miss you so much. It hurts to breathe."

Kyp's hand came up, as if to touch her, but she couldn't feel the pressure of his fingers. "I miss you."

"Are you really here?" she asked.

He nodded.

"I wish I could hold you," Jaina told him. "I wish I could . . ."

"Jaina."

"Why are you here, now?"

He smiled and she remembered how that smile had made her stomach tingle. "For one thing, I'm checking on my child and his mother. For another, well . . . When I died, you were holding me, and I kind of . . . became tied to you, more than before. I've been following you for five months. But you haven't seen me."

"You've been here the whole time? With me?"

Kyp nodded.

Jaina sighed. "I knew it," she breathed. "I could feel you, but I couldn't see you. Why has that changed?"

"You're more open to me now? I don't know." His hand fell to his side.

She sighed again. "Why did you do it?"

"Why did I do what?"

"Sacrifice yourself for me?"

He looked at her for several heartbeats, and she thought she saw love in his eyes. Then he said, "I love you. It came to a choice. Either I die, or you die. And, Jaya, by all rights, I should have died long before this. Besides . . ."

He placed a hand against her stomach, and to her amazement, she could feel him there. Inside, the baby kicked excitedly, as if sensing his father. He probably could.

"If I hadn't done it, this little guy wouldn't be here."

"Did you know that then?"

"Not really. I had a vision, during the battle. It was a little boy, very little, about Ben Skywalker's age. He had black
    hair, and dark hazel eyes, and you were holding him. I didn't know what it meant, exactly, until that soldier was about to kill you, and . . . I don't remember moving across all that distance, but I knew I had to save you. Now I know why."

Jaina longed to throw herself into his arms, but he really had none. "You saved our son."

Kyp looked away, across the dark water. "Actually, I . . . thought maybe . . ."

"Let me guess. Jag? No. Not after you."

He smiled.

"Actually, I . . . I don't really remember that. I was in a bacta tank for ages, and was

4. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I read this one your site Dana and I loved it! Very amazing piece :D You write these two so amazingly well!

5. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    [face_blush] Thank you.

Dana

6. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    :_| How come you always make me cry with you fic's. This was soo sad.

7. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I guess I'm on another posting spree. :D

It was dark. Beside her, someone breathed. For a moment, she couldn't remember where she was, until he spoke.

"So, Goddess, want to play strip-sabacc?"

She snorted, then laughed. "Yeah, right. It's pitch black in here. And we don't have any cards."

"Ooh. So if we had light, and a deck of cards . . .?"

"Wishful thinking, Durron?"

"Maybe." She heard rustling as he shifted. "What about you?"

For a moment, she didn't answer. "I don't know," she said honestly.

They were both quiet for a moment, then she asked, "Are you afraid?"

"Are you?"

"A little," she lied.

"You're a horrible liar, Jaina."

"Okay. Actually, I'm terrified. I have this horrible feeling that . . . something bad is going to happen tomorrow."

"Me, too," Kyp admitted quietly. "I'm afraid that after tomorrow, we won't be partners anymore, because one or both of us will be dead."

"I know."

A few moments passed, then he asked, "If you knew you only had a few hours to live, what would you do?"

"You're asking, since we're probably going to die tomorrow, what do I want?"

"Basically."

She thought for a moment. "I don't know. For a while, I've been living each day like it's my last. I guess . . . I guess I'd do all the things I didn't get to do. Things I haven't done yet. I know, that's pretty standard and vague, but I don't know if I want to tell you everything I haven't done yet."

"Understandable."

"What about you?"

Kyp was quiet for a minute, then he said, very softly, "I'd kiss you. Even if you slapped me, that's what I'd do."

"Are you going to?" She strained to see him in the dark, but couldn't.

"Do you want me to?"

"I . . ."

There was more rustling, then his hands found her leg. Moving lightly, he went from there to her arm, followed it up to her shoulders, then placed his hands on either side of her face. His thumb lightly brushed her lips, as if he was trying to pinpoint where they were.

Then he kissed her, just a light pressure at first, a sweet, chaste touching of his mouth to hers. Without even thinking about it, Jaina held his face in her hands and kissed him back.

Kyp groaned and pulled her closer, slipping his arms around her back. She could say that simple fear of dying was what propelled her to allow him to kiss her this way, but something in the back of her mind suspected there was more to it than that. She wanted him to kiss her like this. And she wanted more than that. She opened the Force bond between them and felt that he wanted the same.

By silent agreement, they stretched out together on a soft bed made of their clothes, and in the pitch black, held each other. There was no other sound than that of their breathing, and the rustling of the fabric surrounding them. His skin was slick under her hands, and his muscles rippled.

Jaina cried out only once, softly. "Kyp!"

He kissed her firmly, silencing her. Minutes passed, and he rested beside her, gathering her close as they breathed together in the darkness.

Neither made confessions of affection, though she knew how he felt, had known for some time. Her own feelings weren't as clear-cut, so she said nothing.

Eventually, she slept.

Dana

8. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Um, I don't know why I make people cry.

Dana

9. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Still more. Should I just post the whole thing today, since it's already finished?

Jaina spent nine days on Deyer with Kyp. When she was awake, they would talk, and when she dreamed, he would hold her, in her mind.

After nine days, she decided it was time to go home. She packed up her things, and put them aboard her small, long-range shuttle. Kyp kept her company on the trip.

Jaina carefully set her ship down at the edge of the landing field and ran through the shutdown cycle. Then she pulled Kyp's cape over her shoulders and descended the boarding ramp.

Her parents were there to meet her. She was happy to see them, for the first time in nearly three months, but she didn't hug them. Han Solo frowned, and Leia looked concerned.

"We have to talk," Jaina said quietly. "In private."

"Just about the only private place right now is that," Han said, motioning to the ship behind his daughter.

"Okay."

There wasn't much room on board, just the cockpit, two crew quarters, and the cargo hold. By default, they gathered in the cockpit.

"Jaina?" Leia asked softly. "What's wrong?"

Jaina hesitated, then turned away. She took the cape off and draped it over her chair. Then she turned back to her parents.

Unnecessarily, she said, "I'm pregnant."

Leia covered her mouth with a hand. She had gone pale, whereas Han was slowly suffusing with red.

"Who is he?" her father demanded. "Tell me who he is, so I can kill him."

Jaina had been hoping to handle this calmly, but that obviously wasn't going to happen.

"Sorry, Dad," she snapped. "But I'm afraid the Vong beat you to it."

There was a moment of silence, then Han quietly asked, "You were sleeping with Jag Fel?"

Suddenly, Jaina couldn't breathe. She collapsed into her chair. "Oh, Sith, Jag!"

Leia felt her daughter's shock, and realised Jaina hadn't known, hadn't heard. That meant . . .

"Woops," Han murmured, realising his mistake. "You didn't know."

"When?" she asked hoarsely. She couldn't believe it. First Kyp, and now Jag. Jag, the only one who had known, besides Jacen, about the baby. The only know who had known the identity of her baby's father. Had known about the baby, and still loved her.

A comforting presence washed over her and she desperately grabbed at it, pulling it around her. When she could breath again, Jaina opened her eyes.

"When?" she repeated.

"Two weeks ago," Leia said. "His clawcraft was shot down in an atmospheric fight. They never found most of the wreckage."

A moment passed, then her mother asked, "You weren't referring to Jag, were you?"

Mutely, Jaina shook her head. Feeling somewhat numb, she pulled Kyp's cape to her and hugged it. Han watched, feeling as if there were an important clue in her action.

Then he recognised the cape he'd given to Kyp Durron on the occassion of his joining the Jedi Academy.

Before he could speak, Leia moved over to the copilot seat and put her arms around her daughter. "Oh, baby, I'm so sorry."

Han shook his head. No wonder Jaina had been so depressed and distracted the past half a year. The father of her child had died in her arms.

Kyp was the father of his grandchild? He could hardly believe it.

Jaina didn't seem so upset at present about Kyp's death. In fact, her only distress at the moment seemed to be about Jag.

"Was it Kyp?" Leia asked.

Their daughter smiled faintly. "Yes. Yes, it was Kyp. I should probably explain that. Um . . . We were never really together. Officially, Jag was my boyfriend. But the night before Kyp died, we were talking. We were both afraid that one of us would die. And then he kissed me."

She fell silent for a few moments. "Because of the injuries I got the next morning, and I guess the shock of . . . losing Kyp, I couldn't remember what happened after that. But two weeks ago-"

Jaina stopped, eyes wide. "Exactly how long ago did Jag die?"

"Thirteen standard days," Han told her. "Why?"

Jaina glanced to the back

10. SWMara

SWMara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    Neither made confessions of affection...

I love this part... Already did when I read it a while ago.

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    For some reason, this post cracks me up.

Luke Skywalker sat at his desk, studying a datapad. It was quiet in his new office.

"Master Skywalker?"

Luke jerked, nearly throwing the datapad. He swivelled in his chair to see the ghost of Kyp Durron standing in one dimly lit corner of the office.

"Kyp!" he exclaimed. "This is . . . unusual."

"I . . . need your help. I don't know if you can help me, but I thought I'd ask."

What could a ghost possibly need of him? Luke shook his head, and looked again at Kyp. "Uh, sure. What's your problem?"

"When I died, I faded, like Yoda, and Obi-Wan, and Dae'shara'cor. And a bunch of other Jedi, I'm guessing. Anyway, I didn't move on like you said they all did. I've been following Jaina around for about five months, or maybe six. Anyway, Jaina and I seem to be tied together the way Callista and the Eye of Palpatine were. Sort of."

Luke just stared.

"So I was wondering, since my body joined with the Force, and I'm like this now, is there a way to get my body back?"

"Uh . . ." Luke thought for a moment. "Not that I know of."

Kyp sighed. "Okay. Well, thanks anyway."

"Wait! This is really unusual. I've never seen anything like this before. Do you think you could answer some of my questions?"

Kyp shrugged. "I probably don't have any profound answers. I'm still me, only dead."

"First of all, why are you tied to Jaina?"

The figure didn't move for a moment. "The long story, or the short story?"

"Short story first, then the long one."

"When I died, Jaina was holding me. And I disappeared while she was holding me."

"Okay . . ." Luke made a quick note of that on his datapad. "Now the long story."

Kyp sighed. "Jaina and I developed a Force bond. We've had it for about a year, since before I died. We were using it in Twin Suns Squadron. She and I did something that may or may not have strengthened the bond, the night before I died."

"What was that?"

"We, uh . . ." Kyp stopped, not willing to confess to Jaina's uncle that he'd slept with the man's niece.

Luke frowned. "I see."

"And Jaina's pregnant. Because of that. Add the short version to that . . ."

"I think I understand. Tell me, can you move objects around you?"

Kyp shook his head. "All I can do is appear to a couple of people, and talk to Jaina and the baby. It's very frustrating."

Luke slowly exhaled. "Are you in love with Jaina?"

"I am, yes."

"I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you."

"Oh, I'm sure you can. Imagine you're in love with Mara, then you die, but you're attached to her, so you're around her all the time. Imagine that you're in love with her, but you can't touch her. And she can't touch you." Kyp stopped, and looked away.

"I'm sorry," Luke said quietly.

Kyp looked at his former teacher for several moments, then said, "I'd even give up my Force abilities to be alive again, but that's not an option. I don't know what to do."

Luke hated to say it, but he had to. "Neither do I, Kyp. Neither do I."

Dana

12. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Owh... you posted all that while I was asleep!!! Bad. But now I'm here again :D

:_| Dana, why do you do this to me, so sad.

But is there a way for Kyp to come back? Or was this is?

13. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    This fic made me cry... every time I read it. That's bad/good... certainly never happened before...
    Thanks Dantan, for writing it... I LOVE IT SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Oh man I love this! :D More soon?

15. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    :::cries::::

you have a gift! and it made tears run from my eyes. :) this is so beautiful Dana.

16. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Dana, this is SO SAD and SO SWEET! Except for that last post, which for some reason, is as hysterical as you said it was...Luke was so confused! [face_laugh]

Please please please say he's gonna find a way to come back!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

17. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Dana I read this on your sight and i find it truly touching. love it. keep posting for the others to see!

18. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Okay, here's some more. I don't have much left on this one, so I may just post the rest of it tonight, since, y'know, it's already up on KAJSU. Nice thing about this is, you get to see it the way I intended the italics and stuff to actually be.

Three months later

Jaina went out to visit her X-wing. She couldn't fly it, of course, being nearly nine months pregnant, but she could go and look at it, and remember shooting down coralskippers, and flying wing with Kyp.

Something made her turn, towards the entrance to the large hangar. A figure stood silhouetted in the huge doorway, leaning on a crutch. She clearly felt their eyes on her, like weights.

Then the person began to hobble forward. She could see now that it was a man, part of his head shaved, just barely growing back over a horrific scar. His leg was twisted.

As he got closer, she realised she knew him.

"Jag!"

"Hi, Jaina." Jag Fel coughed.

"We thought you were dead!"

"I nearly was." He smiled faintly. "I see you're doing well."

Jaina blushed. "Yeah, I'm due any minute now, pretty much."

"Have you picked out a name yet? Or do you even know if it's a boy or a girl?"

"It's a boy. I've known that since I was three months along. And I don't really have a name picked out yet. I've got a few in mind, though." She smiled. "What are you doing here?"

"I decided I'd stop by, see you, let everyone know I'm alive." He held out his arm. "Would you care to accompany me to lunch, Great One?"

She looped her arm through his, feeling suddenly giddy, as if the solution to her troubles was just about to appear. "I'd love to."

Just a couple more after this. Like, I think, maybe three.

Dana

19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Okay, had to post this one. And I counted, and there are four posts left on this story. Not including this one.

Jaina sighed as she entered her quarters. It was so unfair that Jag, who everyone had thought dead, was really alive, and the man she loved . . .

Kyp stood by the small window, shimmering a soft blue. Her breath caught once more.

He turned, hearing her. "What's wrong?"

She stared at him for a moment, then said, quietly, "Jag's alive. He's not dead. I just saw him downstairs."

Kyp's eyes closed for a moment, then he moved towards her. "Jaina. I want you to marry Jag."

She frowned. "You want me to what? But we-"

"Jaina, look at me. I can't be a father to our son. I'm dead. I can't get up in the middle of the night and change the baby's diaper. I can't do anything. I can't even make love to you. All I do all day is just hover in a corner and watch you, because it's all I can do. I can't move objects, I can't really talk to other people, because only you and a few other
    Jedi can even see me."

"Kyp, I don't care."

"I do," he said quietly. "Look, Goddess, Jag loves you. He loves you as much as I do. And he's alive. He'll be a good father to our son."

Jaina brushed a hand at her face to wipe away a few tears that threatened to fall. "But I don't love him, Kyp. I love you. I can't marry someone I don't love."

"You cared for him once. You could again. I know you, Jaya. You can love him."

"Kyp, what about you? You're still here, and you're tied to me. You can only move on if something happens to me."

He looked away. "I know."

Jaina felt vaguely horrified. "You mean, you'd be willing to hang around, day after day, watching me with another man, for the sake of your child?"

"Jaina, I don't have any other choice. We don't have any other choice. What kind of father can I be if I can't even hold my child?" Anguish was evident on his sculpted features. "You're going to deliver any day now, and I can't help you. Please, Jaina."

She rested a hand on her belly and felt the baby's answering kick. Minutes passed. Kyp waited.

Finally, her brandy-brown eyes rose to his face. A pain that matched his filled those eyes as she whispered, "Okay. Tomorrow, I'll go talk to Jag."

Dana

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Hmm. Maybe I should post the rest of this . . . all at once.

:D

Sorry, couldn't resist the pun. I'll shut up now, and wait for replies. *hint, hint*

Dana

21. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    heheh it's ok Dana... as long as you...

POST MORE!!!!

22. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Yes yes, post the rest of it!! :D

23. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Maary jag...? [face_plain] Are you insane!

She can't do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More please!

24. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    She said she'd talk to him, not bash him over the head and drag him to a priest!

I love this post. It's so demented.

It was still dark when Jaina woke, feeling a squeezing in her stomach. It took her only a moment to comprehend that she had gone into labour. She groaned, eyes still closed, and said, "Kyp, I think it's time."

"Can't it wait until morning?" he mumbled.

Jaina laughed weakly. She knew how he felt. She was too comfortable in his arms to get up, even to have her baby.

She frowned. Something about that thought had been wrong. She was too comfortable-

Arms? She sat bolt upright, eyes flying wide open as she woke comlpetely. "Kyp!" she squealed. She got to her knees on the covers.

He opened his eyes and groggily sat up. The bed dipped under him as he moved, nearly throwing Jaina off-balance. "Wha-"

"YOU'RE ALIVE!" she shouted, grabbing his shoulders. Jaina gave him a small shake. "Alive! See? I'm touching you!"

Kyp stared at her, then down at his hands. Hands that he had. Hands that didn't glow blue and pass through objects. Within his chest, his heart beat. He could feel Jaina's hands on his bare arms.

Shock passed instantly to joy. Joy that threatened to spill out in screams. He jumped off the bed and caught Jaina in his arms, pulling her off the bed and spinning around, swinging her through the air.

Jaina was giggling hysterically, clinging to him and crying, tears pouring down her cheeks. She had no idea how it had happened, but he was alive, and that was all that mattered.

Okay, it also mattered that she was having contractions, but that paled in comparison.

Slowly, Kyp stopped spinning and lowered Jaina to her feet. He gazed at her for several heartbeats, then he bent his head and kissed her.

Jaina threw her arms around his neck and kissed him hungrily, desperately. She revelled in the feel of his mouth on hers, his arms crushing her against his chest. For nine long, long months, she had craved this, and was extremely reluctant to even come up for air.

He pulled away first. Brushing at her hair, he breathed, "I love you."

"I love you!"

Sighing happily, Kyp took a step back and placed a hand on her stomach. "As much as I'd love to have this last, Goddess, I think we need to go have a baby."

Jaina threw herself into his arms again. "Yeah. Let's go have a baby."

Dana

25. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    LOL! Yup, that one is demented, but hilarious and fun... *grins*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.