main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All Things Costuming and Costume related! plus meetups!?

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Darth Erebus, Sep 6, 2012.

1. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Don't worry Jon, a droid is high on my list of things to do.

1. Mystery Costume
    2. Droid
    3. Kit FIsto

Something like that......lol

2. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    Oh yeah and a Mando.......:D

3. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    That female mando would be pretty cool to do! The only issue would be cost.... :( Unfortunately, costuming is on the bottom of a very long list of things to be paid for.... :(

4. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Yeah, I would LOVE to create Mando and I now have an idea for a Sith but in both cases it means starting from scratch and that's economically far down on my list

5. DEE_SKYWALKER

DEE_SKYWALKER Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 12, 2011
    Well, running with the idea suggested by Dan, I'm already well ahead with my custom mando. I'm all for our "tribe". I'm building mine out of foam and so far it's been a really great experience.
    [​IMG]

Kit Fisto in the background in the back burner....lol.......

6. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I need to bustamove on my new Jedi. Cerean styled robes for something a little different.

7. DEE_SKYWALKER

Jun 12, 2011
    Update**
    Painted the skull on the side
    [​IMG]

Also, me wearing the painted bucket. It's a modified Hasbro. I still need to battle-stress everything up but one step at a time. At least in pics looks ok.
    [​IMG]

8. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I've been leaning to start a Mandolin fo the last month or so. Going to be doing it out of plastic storage totes. I knew the helmet was going to be tough, but after Dee's post I think I'm going to follow his example and modify a Hasbro helmet.

9. DEE_SKYWALKER

Jun 12, 2011
    You can also modify a Jango 2-piece. They have them online for 30 bucks.

10. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    I found a tutorial over on mandalorian mercs to modify the boba. I'll see what I can find on jango

11. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    Color me impressed! Can't wait to see it in person.

12. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    I agree a Mando is high on my list of costumes I'd love to have. Don't see it happening in the near future, though.

13. GrandAdmDraco

GrandAdmDraco Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2011
    hmmm... mando. I'm in! :) Now if I could only figure out how to start. Is there a Making Armor 101 class around at all ? lol

14. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    I was thinking similarly. Could we perhaps set up a time and place for our developing tribe? We could meet and discuss what we'd like to do as a group: armor design, purchasing materials, building, etc.

72Princess likes this.
  15. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
  16. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    Those interested in the specs and tips for building a custom mando visit the mandolorian Mercs website at

Www.firespray.net

That is then one stop place for all mando needs.

17. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    I was talking to Steve last night about this. Those of us interested in the Mando costume should all get together and discuss a uniform symbol or color scheme. That way we can all still be different yet be united as a clan together.

Thoughts?

18. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Agreed!

19. CapturedJedi

CapturedJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 12, 2011
  20. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    For mine, I was considering doing the Mando emblem on one shoulder guard and the North Ridge snowflake on the other. I have the decal that I bought from Janice, and was planning on getting a Mando decal for that.

21. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    I was thinking of incorporating the snowflake in the design somewhere myself.

22. CapturedJedi

CapturedJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 12, 2011
    I know this might sound corny but I like Steve's idea of a SnowMan-do. Keeps with the northridge theme. Might not be here for discussion as I will be in Chile from the 4th- to the 18th. I was thining these colors ( White with black and orange) Why? Black for coal and orange for nose on snowman. With brown sticklike on arms against white.I know corny but wanted to throw it out there.

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  23. DEE_SKYWALKER

Jun 12, 2011
    Yep, the snowflake with the skull in the middle would be nice. Apparently colors mean something to mandos. That's why I'm doing mine with red accents because red has to do with "mourning your father" or something like that. Basically my armor means more than Star Wars just for that reason.

I am excited about our own Buffalo tribe.

24. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    I was originally going to take my extra snow trooper parts and do a Snow mando my self. Since I already had the snow trooper suit I figured it wouldn't be too hard to get a helmet and do it up. But the more I read up on the mando's it became clear that the chest piece was something that wouldn't be used at all. Since that was a huge part of the idea I had originally I scrapped the whole thing. I think any mando I do will be snow based as this is the terrain we live in. I have a lot of ideas and most o the stuff already. The only big things left are the boots (no mucklucks) and helmet. The armor I am sure I can whip up on one of my weekends home. I also gotta grab some guns and a side weapon too. Think a white and grey boba fett with the snowy duster and mando armor over that. My helmet will be the one with the skull right on it.

25. DEE_SKYWALKER

Jun 12, 2011
    Sounds fun Dan