main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Alliance and Empire ~ SW Minis

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by padumavati, Jun 1, 2007.

1. padumavati

padumavati Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2007
    How many people are planning on playing? Actually, if we just play in groups of 3 or 4, we could just meet at like Borders or something and play in the cafe.

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I know Brandon and myself want to play. waiting to hear about who all else wants to play.

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I'd like to but I'm in the same situation as Mike, working.

4. padumavati

May 30, 2007
    Well, I'm up for it and I might be able to drag Zachary along. Any place is fine.

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I sent you a PM, I guess I am thinking a Border's is good. Anytime other than 3:30-6:30 is good for me for today, I am assuming Brandon would prefer evening, but I could be wrong about that. I will call him around noon and ask to be sure, I know right now he is sleeping, would be pointless to call him at this point.

6. padumavati

May 30, 2007
    I think we should make plans for next Saturday, so people have time to plan and be there and stuff. We should probably keep it in town though (sorry, Chris) so as to be easier on our gas tanks. If you want to play next Saturday and you have specific times you are available, say so. If you want to host, say so, but we can also do a cafe thing so as not to impose on anyone.

SO! I am up for next Saturday, and I'm good for pretty much any time and place. :)

7. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Has anyone contacted H&V about playing there? How about Hardcastle as it is cooling off?

I am game early saturday but my brother in law is racing sat night!

8. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I'm stuck this saturday, too, but on the 8th we have the planning meeting at the zoo, and RPG sometime later that day, so if we could fit minis in in the middle that would be cool.

9. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    H&V has Star Wars Minis every sunday at 2pm and all are welcome. Hardcastle is up for us there any time we are up for being there.
    we can use my house once the housekeeper is done with it as long as we do it byod&s bring your own drink and snack or else be willing to pitch in on drink and snacks once we are all there... I would love to say we could financially support to just feed us all ... but Jake and I can no longer even keep our gas on let alone feed us... and yes that goes without mentioning my spending spree... that was just a bad mess up.. my meds are straight now, no more squandering funds on things we can't afford.

In any event there is also as Lauren said always Borders as well. They seem akin to being interested and I am told so does the Library, though I will have to get back with Elizabeth Danforth to confirm that, or Chris will.. she said she could speak with him or me in regards to the adult library planning.

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    comes in to show off

My friend from Phoenix, Daikon, sent me a box of Clone Strike minis. Oh wait, when I say box, I don't mean booster pack. I mean a flipping BOX!!! with 165 minis in it! :eek:

:D The CFF is playing minis! [face_dancing]

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    that's awesome!!!!!

12. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I don't know that I'll be playing but I actually have a few that my husband gave me for Christmas one year. Neither of us knew what they were for. I even threw one away because I didn't know what it was - though I still have the card (Hailfire droid). I might watch sometime though.

Cat: I found Luke's card. He's got 130 hit points whatever that means.

13. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Bring them Cheryl and if you would like to play we can build you a squad! It really is fun (so says the guy who is undefeated) and is time consuming. I would say its RISK meets Stratego meets Monopoly. Skill, careful planning and the luck of the die are all used in this game.

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I called it RPG Chess with an Attitude. :p

15. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    So do we want to do this on the 8th after the planning meeting? Anyone?

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    oh yay!!!! I am so excited that you found his card!! I actually have the Hailfire droid you are mentioning.. in fact it was your birthday gift that bought the box that the droid came in.

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm hoping some of us are getting together tomorrow to play, that was what Lauren and I had discussed last week.

18. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    Are my posts even showing up? Helllooooooooo....

19. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    I am down whenever Mike.....

OK I spoke with Mike at H&V today and they will be unable to accomodate us on saturday.....

Michael from Hardcastle however would be very excited and happy to have us there so excited that they put out an email saying we were going to be there....Yeah well so anyone against it since we are kinda commited????

H&V will be having open tables for minis on sunday starting at 2. They will have a WOTC judge there to help with rulings and questions and everyone who shows up gets a prize and NO IT IS NOT A TOURNAMENT!!!!

20. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    CONFUSING!!!

On another note:

instead of next saturday afternoon, can we do evening? The RPG GM was unable to do RPG at night, so I figured we could switch them around.

21. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    should we say 2pm at hardcastle then?? Anyone want to second that?

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    is that for today? I am fine if it is.. just wanting to confirm.. or is that for next saturday?

23. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    2pm at hardcastle today sept 1st

24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Interesting game.

Where's a sarlaac when you need one?

25. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003