main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

Playing through Brotherhood now. Those bastards burnt down my crib. They're going to die for that. Nevertheless, I think that the parts I'm enjoying the most are the Christina memory sequences. And sending my minions across Europe to kill Templars.

So, I got to think about AC3. My best guess at the moment is that it'll be in the French Revolution. That gives you a ton of historical figures, tons of death and mayhem, the rise of Napoleon, etc. If the hero starts out in 1788 or so and the story finishes in 1821, that works out extremely well from a character life span point of view and a plot point of view.

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    WANT.

Just so I can shoot lil' Nap in the grille.

3. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    From what I've seen/read, AC3 will most likely focus on Desmond fully and his fight to stop the end of the world. Not sure if there will be any animus sections in it.

Games after AC3, however, have a massive blank canvas and makes me excited about the future of the series.

4. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Hate Den defenses. I've taken down all of the Templar Dens and renovated all of the shops, and collected 9 of 10 journal pages, and I'm thinking about taking care of the monument renovations next. Maybe then I'll continue with the main story line and Desmond missions. ;)

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm hearing this quite a bit, how mandatory is it?

6. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Presumably yes to the Animus sections, then.

7. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    It all depends on where u want to shop, I guess. I am very close to five more Master Assassins, which is the only way to secure a den. Without leveling your people, your dens will all be in flames, I had three on fire at the same time. Get the crossbow asauc. Targetting is faster and smother, big plus. Den defense sucks, I'm 0/4. I went after the 4 Altair keys. Still don't know who the bad guy is yet in sequence 4 I think, or just starting 5. Still cannot shake the giant "DLC feeling" and I haven't even hit the Vlad dungeon yet.

Enjoyable yes, but underwhelming at the same time.

Edit:

Desmond's stuff sounds like the lead writer smoked too much before he sat down to use the sequences as his personal anti-religious flatform. Instead of a soapbox, he used gilligan's digital island....

8. Kyptastic

Sep 10, 2005
    My big problem with the Den Defense sections is that everything prior to the Seige engine goes down easily and the seige itself is a pain. I haven't found a way to reliably take them down yet other than spamming crossbowmen and shooting with my gun. That said, I've won 3/4 so far.

9. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    OK, finished Brotherhood. Was not expecting that ending. That seems to be a recurring theme in these games. I figure that at this rate, the end of Revelations will be along these lines:

Vidic: Desmond, Lucy never told you what happened to your father, did she?
    Desmond: She told me enough! She told me you killed him!
    Vidic: No. . . I am your father.
    Cut to credits.

Alternatively, the reason Lucy was killed is so Desmond is forced to try to gain full use of the Apple - he'll use it to heal her/resurrect her (hey, it worked for Jesus). Of course, I suspect that Lucy is a Templar spy. It's a little too convenient that she found her way to working with Desmond as she did, and there were red footsteps around the villa leading out of the hiding spot. I know she was blue when Desmond saw her normally - perhaps a hidden personality, created in such a way that the conscious Lucy is unaware of the actions of her hidden Templar programming? The Templars would want the Piece of Eden, and using Desmond to find it for them may be the only for them to get at it.

EDIT: DAMN YOU UBISOFT, PC GAME NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL DECEMBER 2ND! DAMN YOU!

10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Did I miss something?

Unlocked Vlad's dungeon, logged off, restarted and saw the map icon and when I left Sophia's it was gone? Please tell me I do not have to stay online to play that content. I have four keys, is there another book u have to get to unlock the dungeon "in-game"? Shouldn't have waited till seq seven.... Irritating. Pouch upgrades are a go, but damn that mission.:p

11. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    That's...dissapointing, but at the same time not surprising. I had a feeling Ubi was being too ambitious by releasing this game so quickly and that the end product would not be so polished. I've not picked up my copy yet and I'm wondering now whether I should sit this one out or otherwise pick it up later at a discount....

12. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Thats the thing, it really is polished.
    Its just not feeling new, more like how the controls should have been.

As of seq seven, I have no clue who I am fighting.

13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Boy, am I confused.

How can Ezio discover something locked away, that he already found elsewhere alot earlier? My brain cannot escape it, or am I just that stupid? I do not understand the ending. At all.

14. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I haven't finished the game yet, but I'm guessing there's a piece of Eden in the library. It's wouldn't necessarily be the same one Ezio found earlier.

15. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I will look for your reaction with great interest, then....
    I'm not sure of, what I was looking at.

As I interpreted, it made no sense at all.

16. Kyptastic

Sep 10, 2005
    There's more than one apple. I haven't quite worked out what the timeline is, but that's the basic explanation.

17. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    I've been meaning to ask- are you the same Kyptastic from the BF boards? I can't imagine there are too many with that name around.

18. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I am uncertain about what it means to the series, if that is true.
    It certainly diminished my experience, regardless.

I felt letdown @ the end.
    One revelation was that there was nothing more for Ezio to do.
    And I would have been ok with that, were it not for this second apple.

A second apple, changes the entire dynamic for me.
    Especially with not being aware of the other's fate, is it still in the other vault?
    Game leaves me with more questions, and without Ezio to play anymore, I'm not sure if I will ever get that answer.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Are the 1st person block puzzles/platforming sections with Desmond optional or mandatory?

I really don't give a toss about Desmond or even Altair, it's Ezio I'm interested in.

20. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Optional. Finished the game and haven't solved one those goofy laser-gates.

The Altair stuff has been little more than a glorified cut-scene that you walk the character through each time. And Desmond; aside from the island, he is nothing more than Ezio's portal in this installment...

I'm still scratching my head @ the ending.

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, that's good to hear, thanks. I'm really on the fence on this and Uncharted 3. From what I can tell by bagging Batman Arkham City and Skyrim I've got the 2 best games of the season.

22. Kyptastic

Sep 10, 2005
    When you do the Glyph puzzles in AC2, the Apple's all have seperate numbers. That's the first indication we had that there were multiple apples on top of the other pieces of Eden including the staff, shroud and sword.

Yes, that's me [face_peace]

23. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    That's pretty much how I feel. Except, I actually liked what we learned about Desmond (even if I did hate his bonus levels). True he's mostly ancillary to pretty much everyone in the game, but I still like his character and I appreciate that they're trying to build him up a little.

Would it really be an Assassin's Creed game if you completely understood what the hell was going on? :p

24. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    It seems I am alone in not hating the Desmond levels. :p

25. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Your last point, is well seen.:p

Side note, I am steaming mad that I cannot log in to the TOR Beta.
    Keeps telling its unavailable, for two days now.
    :mad: