main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An all rare deck???

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Loyal-Guard, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loyal-Guard

Loyal-Guard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Hiya all. Maybe i shouldn't eat a superpretzel with mustard before I go to bed, because the other night, just before i drifted off to sleep, I had this bizarre thought.

What if it were possible to make a regulation deck using only RARE cards? Well, I'm pretty sure it's possible, but is it really feasible?

Well, to be honest, I'm pretty sure it's not feasible. But let's just say you had the entire set of TCG cards available to you at once, and had the pick of all the rare cards you wanted. What kind of deck would you build with all the rares?

And in a more theoretical view, would a deck of all rares be unstoppable because of it's abilities, or would it be like the Brabazon airplane, and be so heavy under the weight of it's build costs and unique units that it would never work?

As I said, I'm just spitballing here. Fueled by snack foods past my bedtime.

2. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    And in a more theoretical view, would a deck of all rares be unstoppable because of it's abilities, or would it be like the Brabazon airplane, and be so heavy under the weight of it's build costs and unique units that it would never work?

Im gunna say it'll be too weighted down, and lacking some quality common cards.

The Tusken Deck most TCGers use features very little rares.

Although as more sets come out i'd love to See how Possible and workable this is :D ;)

3. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I would say that it would be way too expensive. My Council deck uses only rare characters and I still have yet to play a game where I can get them all out because, though I can get them all in the build zone, they cost way too much and I usually spend 10+ turns trying to build everyone.

4. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    Mmmm...
    Jedi Council

Anyway, if you put in all the stupid rares that really don't matter (like the Krait Dragon), you could make a fairly nice deck of all rares.

5. Zenek

Zenek Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2003
    Well, let's think about that for a seccond.

There aren't very many Rare space units, and even so, they are unique and either dark or light side.

Even IF you did have the minimum, you'd have a pretty krappy Space arena though...

Greedo Rules!

6. Lord_Makro

Lord_Makro Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2002
    I think that you can easily have one deck with only rare characters, but as for the other arenas I will agree with Zenek's previous post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.