main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp An era of errors?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by theimmortaljedi, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theimmortaljedi

theimmortaljedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2008
    I have been seiong some things about what they are saying are mess ups in the films or that Lucas lied when he said he had the stories all outlined from the start. One said even the father sister thing that he always had in mind was made up when he went along. DOes anyone else see a pause and a moment of how do I put this when luke asks ob1 what happened to his father? I think it was the plan then. ANyone see any clues to his sister?
    Or can anyone explaine why he tells luke to see the one who trained him buy it's yoda not MR. jinn?

2. When ob1 gives up his mortal flesh in a new hope is it becasue he feels he is old and can help train luke better threw the force or becasue he knows he is loosing and feels this is is only way to still win? Anyones thoughts on these would be great.

2. PRINCESSVADER73

PRINCESSVADER73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2008
    Luke could not go to see Qui Gon, because he was dead. Yoda trained at the Academy, so that is 2 pretty good reasons he sent look to Yoda. I believe that Lucas had all 6 episodes outlined, but possibly not all the details. However, the biggest clue to the brother/sister storyline is their names: Luke and Lea. They sound like twins, and noone else has names that similar in the originals. Plus, right from the start there was sexual tension between Han and Lea. Typically, the princess would end up with the hero, but you can't do that if he happens to be your brother.
    As for the Obi1 death scene. I believe the quote is "Strike me down and I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine". I say that his sacrifice had nothing to do with being old and everything to do with becoming a more powerful conduit of the Force.

3. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    I've read other places, i think in the fan club magazine, that obi-wan says Yoda trained him in part because yoda actually did. as we see in AOTC, Yoda is training a class of younglings. Obi-wan probably went to the same classes durring his formative years. Qui-Gon only became his master when he graduated to the level of padawan. We don't know at what age that occurred. Obi-Wan inherited Anakin when he was the equivalent of a youngling. Because Yoda opposed acccepting Anakin, he probably did not allow him to participate in group lessons, leaving all of the training burden on Obi-Wan. Right away, they name Anakin as his apprentice rather than a student of the jedi academy.

As for the story line, Lucas did have an outline for the entire story of Anakin Skywalker. Lest we forget, the 6-part series, is first and foremost the story of Anakin Skywalker. People are only drawn so much more to Luke because that's who were all introduced to as kids when the Star Wars saga "began." Lucas has said that he never knew how the story would be received, so he made what we now call episode 4 because he thought it would make the best stand-alone story if he never was given the chance to tell the rest of it. Hence, no mention of Leia being his sister or any revelations of vader being more than a jedi gone bad.

4. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    If that's true, that makes the big ol' lip lock Luke and Leia has in the medical center all that more creepy...[face_hypnotized]

5. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    You know you like it.....

6. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    No doubt I wish I was Luke in that scene, but not as her brother...[face_sick]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.