main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA And on the fourth Saturday they played...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Bith_Lord, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
  2. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    Ahhh, so it's Country Club Lanes now, is it? They have a top notch way cool video game room. If I don't work, I'm even more inclined to drag the kids along. In fact, now I may try to get out of working if it's gonna be at Country Club, and perhaps bring Jackson too...

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I think it's still at Mardi Gras, Ekim...though I could be wrong and there could be a secret plan to have it elsewhere.

*note to self: get directions to wherever we are going

4. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Mardi Gras lanes, LDV just had a little -glug glug glug- before posting to the marquee... or however it's spelled... =P

-TJ

5. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    Darn. Oh well, I'll still try to get free to drag the kids along- it is a Rogue .5 friendly event, correct? We can have beer there if we choose, but the .5's can participate in just about everything so it'll be cool.

6. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Yes it is still Mardi Gras Lanes.

I spoke with someone there about reserving lanes, but she said at the time we're going it won't be a problem to get lanes. However, I suggest whoever gets there first might as well go get some... I'd say about four for the number of people we have going.

7. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    We should get at least one we can use the raised bumpers and the ball rack on, for the kids (and me of course, 'cause I suck at bowling).

8. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    We'll be there. I will not be able to bowl though. :_|

I've had problems with my back for the past week. Went to the doctor today. Good news is: it appears to be muscle spasms, as opposed to disc problems or nerve problems. I got some pain killers. Can't bowl though.

9. CaeliRose

CaeliRose Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2005
    well, last minute news...We're moving to Stockton tomorrow. If I can crack the whip good enough and get completely moved out by tomorrow night, we'll make it on time for Saturday. If not, we'll be late! 8-}

10. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    I think we are coming: me, Ella, Rylee (9), and Ethan (6). Is anyone else gonna reserve a kids bowling lane setup? I will get a kids lane, and anyone else can join in. I may give Jackson a ride too, if he wants to go. Anyone else want to join in the kid lane?

11. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I know one of the reasons we have dues is to help pay for outings by the group,... is that going to happen at the bowling event and if not when will that be starting?

Just wondering.

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Hmmm good point.

Let me figure this out.

13. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Assuming my room mate and I get his stuff moved soon enough and/or he lets me loose, I should be by at some point tomorrow!

-TJ [face_dancing]

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    [Flips TJ and M--K the middle finger.] :p

I didn't bowl very good today and sorry to all for the bad performance. I only hit my average one game. Next time, I won't be hampered by a damaged finger and should be able to bowl better. :)

BUT it was good to see such a BIG turn out today! And congrats to WyoJedi errr I mean ROGUE 34!!! Yes, thats right, Wyojedi is now an official member of the SVRF! [looks at TJ]Get the barrel ready, and I will check the spill release schedule for Folsom Dam. ;) LOL just kidding!! No really, I am. ;) ;) LOL Congrats again Wyojedi ... at the meeting I want to get your pic for your members page. Incidently, Bith_Lord and I agreed to a new photo format/design for the pages. So, next meeting, I would like all who have there polo shirts to bring them to the meeting for pictures.

15. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

RUSSELLSTANSBERY2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2006
    [face_peace] LDV thank you for the ride

today was cool

16. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Uh huh, LDV...only hit your average. :rolleyes:
    You still did FAR better than I did, you crazy old wizard.

I really enjoyed seeing everyone again and talking with you (and bowling really badly). ;)

Ekim, anytime you need bird advice or just some really interesting conversation, you know where to find me!

To Rebecca, Katie and Ben: Thank you for coming out and playing with us old farts! It was nice to have lunch with you three and to be reminded what being a kid is really like!

Max: Keep growing, little guy. Soon you WILL be a full-fledged, mayhem-wreaking Rogue!

TJ: I am SO going to have to try that strawberry lemonade thingy! Mmmm

17. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    You're welcome Russ. My pleasure. :)

By my standards, I didn't bowl very good.

18. PadawanBeldaPinik

PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2005
    Hello there...

I wanted to say I had a wonderful time watching everyone bowl, wow! I think you all did wonderfully. I was rooting for you all. That was a cool bowling alley. Thank you LDV for taking me to Russ' place. I appriciate you giving me a ride. Thank you Zam13, JediDorria, BithLord , Russ, and Nasus_Sivad for talking to me and encouraging me on. I needed to hear all of waht you all had to say. Sorry if I was so quiet, I um just wasnt all too talkitive I guess. But your company was well appriciated.

19. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Caelierose, I let LDV know about the number error and he will correct it. Don't worry. :) You are rogue 34. Your shirt says so.

20. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    I still say LDV should have put the bumpers up.

Let go, LDV. "Dev, your computers off. Whats the problem?" "Nothing, I'm allright."

Stretch-out with your feelings... you can feel the pins... strange things you will see, the future, the past, things that have not yet happened, and things that will come to pass...

21. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    [Flips TJ and M--K the middle finger.] :p

[/quote]

Ahhh, LDV's saying that he's "Number One!!!" ;) =D=

22. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Ok, I guess I need to say it somewhere - and this seems public enough...

LDV spanked us all bad (especially me)...he is the master bowler...and I am not worthy...[face_frustrated]

What a fun time! I would have enjoyed myself better if I could have at least broke the 100 mark, but it was fun anyway. I think if we would have played a third game, I could have really shown you all up! ;)

I was so glad to get out of the house. I feel like I'm still running a little on empty, but yesterday was a needed pick-me-up. It's always so great to be around you guys!

(Oh, and Belda, it was good seeing you too, and I hope you are feeling better! Stay positive!!)

23. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    sorry I couldn't make the last game JediDoria ... the hardware in my back was screaming at me to stop! LOL All I need to do is work into it more and I will be good to go for 20 games! ;) Maybe next time Doria, I will give you handicap... maybe 50 pins. Or, I will bowl left handed. ;) LOL

BUT as it is, you lost the bet and you didn't pay up! We never said how many games we were gonna bowl. LOL And yes, I would love to bowl again soon!!

I just need to watch the pain in my back is all.

Since everyone has such a good time, I say we do it again very soon! We don't have to wait for a SVRF scheduled event date to so this. If everyone is up for another bowling event sooner than later, I am all for it! It was a great time! Great atmosphere and good times. Maybe next time we bring a list for the bartender on how to make C3PO's ;) LOL

Maybe you would bowl better Doria with a couple of drinks in you! LOL [face_laugh]

BTW sorry Caelierose errr I mean ROGUE 34 for the mix up.

Everyone congratulate WyoJedi for becoming an official Rogue!! "You are now part of the tribe" ;) ROGUE 35 ... MISSION STATUS: ACTIVE Straight flying and happy hunting Rogue 35!!

24. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    Rogue 35 you are most welcome here! Your kids and my kids will make powerful allies against the empire and the dark side, methinks! Jawas, attack the ankles!!!

Glad to have you on the team.

25. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, LDV...I'll start practicing now...but I now realize even the BEST games I ever bowled wouldn't be enough to beat you, so I'll take a handicap next time, thank you very much. I'm up for another bowling trip, too. Let's make it in the evening -- I just might be a better bowler with a few drinks in me, so I should make an effort to try that out -- for experiment sake, ya' know?

Glad to have Rogue 35 aboard! You fit in quite well, WyoJedi, although I don't really think we needed another great bowler around. To fit in even BETTER you could have guttered a few times, or something. :p Between Wyo, LDV and Marric coming out of nowhere with his BIG 2nd game score, I was feeling like I should have gone over to the bumper lane. (Although that probably wouldn't have made much difference since, really, I bowled so badly because my ball is too heavy. **smile** Yeah, that's the problem, my ball is just too dang heavy...there is nothing I could have done about that, now, could I? It's all that stupid ball's fault.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.