main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive AnimeStyled SW fanart (by Exx) "UPDATED FREQUENTLY!"

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Exx, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exx

Exx Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Hey there! found a place where i can get SWfanart critiqued ^-^.

Here's some junk Ive come up with in the past two months, you guys can rate'em & bash'em.
    [Padme` & Vader]
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ExRawlings/SW_EpIII_fanart__UNFINISHED_by_exshima.jpg

[Duox (my original rp character)]
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ExRawlings/SWG_character___battle_stance_by_exshima.jpg

I will post more whenever & my site is:
    www.exshima.deviantart.com
    if you'd like to keep a whatch on my crap...
    =3

2. tyratoku

tyratoku Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2005
    Awesome.

AWESOME drawing.

AWESOME coloring.

I wish I could color like that...

9.8/10

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Welcome, Exx--and sorry, you'll have to go elsewhere for "bashing:" these are wonderful! The coloring in particular--very smooth and well blended, looks almost like watercolors. I am really loving your original character--she looks like someone I would not want to get mad at me! And the Vader/Padme piece is a heart-tugger--nice positioning of the figures, and a wonderful emotion. Be sure to keep your DA site address in your sig--makes it easy for everyone to find it! Keep posting--can't wait to see more of your "crap!" ;) :p

FF

4. Kenu

Kenu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Wow. I really love the style... very smooth :)

5. DCJosh

DCJosh Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    sweet stuff! i think the images may be a tad small tho [either that or my resolution is too big :p]

6. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    Very cool, I could not agree more with these guys, well done, the padme vader pic is very emotional, keep them coming.

7. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Welcomes Exx!

Your style is very nice I must say, that Padme and VAder one is very beautiful, I love the colouring in it.
    Can't wait to see more! :D

8. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    Beautiful work you have there.

9. labpizza

labpizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    DAmn these are hell amazing!!! I think i may wanna do the opposite of bashing.... er.. hugging? wait.. how about "Praise"
    Though my only complain is the image size of these picture's done do the detail in your work justice...

10. Exx

Exx Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    omg, thankyou so much everyone^__^!!

the pic sizes are small, 'cause i used PhotoBucket.com to make the preview pics, you can find the full sizes on my DeviantArt site in my sig [now] ^^;;

Thanks alot everyone, it was really sweet to come home to all of these comments ;) ...now im deffinetly moivated to do somemore, maybe an ep.3 poster of everyone...*ponders*

11. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Fantastic work. I don't know what else to say.

12. Exx

Exx Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Got one more recent peice:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/20553155/

Im working on a load of Grevivous stuff too, i need to getthis odd-little fangirlieness out of me
    (please dear god, people, dont ask m why im a fangirl forhim..hes just so f-ing awsome X_X;; )

13. labpizza

labpizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    I love the originality of the twi?lek you designed! I don?t believe I can say this: but my god she is so pretty!! The sketched you?ve added in there gave the pic a ?character sheet feel?
    your work is so awesome!!
    ps. I'm not sure if your character is ment to be a twi'lek, she has ears. i dont think twi'lek's have ears.. they have those stubby things... i'll go check up on this later =/
    sorry for my rude-ness!

14. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    I like the Vader and Padme one.

15. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Great Sith Twi'lek, Exx!! I just love her costume--wonderful detailing there! I really like the way you reversed the coloring on each of her sleeves--very original--and the back-view sketch is a wonderful "teaser" for us here! She looks so sweet, but those eyes are the give-away--sort of feral, if you know what I mean: like a cat, ready to pounce! Well done--I really like your style!

FF

16. Exx

Exx Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I thought they had lil' elfie-like ears o___o...oh well *shrugs*-mine's different (lol) haha^^

but other than that, thanks everybody for all your input, it really doe smkae my day!!

Im considering maybe making a cosplay [for fall & winter cons i go to] of my most recent design...only thing is, I have no idea how i could make the tentacles ^^;;;; *wails*

THANKS AGAIN! =D

17. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Wow the Padme and Vader pice is incredible please finnish it! :)

18. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Your work is just so flash! Your drawing is perfect, your inking is beautiful, and the thought and attention to detail in the clothing is superb. I love the boots that you have put her in.

19. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    that looks awesome.. i think the vader pade pic might look as it would stay like that ..as a foresseing shadow..

20. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Wow thos look great.I want more!

21. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Wow! These are fantastic! Did you use colored pencils for the first two images? You've blended the colours very well, especially with the Twi'lek where you merge yellow with purple for a great result. The picture of Padme and Anakin in Vader's suit is sad and creepy (for the lack of a better word) at the same time - as stated, it's very emotional. I know it's probably a small thing, but I love how you've drawn her spiraled curled hair.

I like the Darth Duox concept a lot. You're very creative, with the interesting desgin on her tentacle...wait I know this...'Lekku' right? (I'm learning) It stands out and really sets her apart from any other Twi'lek I've ever seen. Plus I like how she radiates a certain spunkiness about her. Great design. :)

- Suz ^_~

22. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    These are absolutely beautiful! You've achieved a really smooth and even colour with the coloured pencils, which is so hard to do. I admire people who have the patience to master the medium.

Your original twilek character is awesome! A lot of attitude is coming across in the pose and expression, and I agree that her tattoo is quite cool.

Welcome to the forum and I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

23. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Gorgeous work Exx! I'll have to swing by your Deviantart page to check out the rest of your work sometime. :)

The blending on the pencil work is simply amazing- I'm pathetic with pencils so I admire people who can work with them very much! Well done and hope to see more in the near future. Nice character design with the Twi-lek by the way...interesting take on the gauntlets but I love them! :D

24. Exx

Exx Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Alrighty, promised more stuff, & here it is^^..

[Original Kayleesh character.]
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/20835119/

[Grievous post "freak accident"]
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/20837718/

The descriptions to the peices are @ the links, & remeber, click the images for a larger view ^_-...enjoy!

25. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    EXX!!!!!! YOur Color pencil work ROCKS!!!!!! Jaw dropping awsome! Prisma colors??? I can't really tell from here, oh, and your line work is spot on. Clean, crisp and defined.....if you ever call your stuff crap again.....!!! (* oh right, friendly attitudes only), well, what FalconFan said. I'm very excited about your work and I look forward to seeing more. ( from everyone really, so many talented folks here....sigh), but yeah, two thumbs up.

End of rant.

*going to deviant website ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.