main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*ANNOUNCEMENT* - New Forum: The Amphitheatre (formerly known as

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Lord Bane, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    [blows smoke off the lock button]

:D

2. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    GANDOLPH THE GREY!!!!

YOU JUST INSITED THE WRATH OF THOSE MOST RAD OF STREET GANGS, PETERSON'S POUNDERS!

3. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Grrrr! I am TEH MUSCLE!

4. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    And I am teh brains. Grr. SNAK ATAK!

5. Gandalf the Grey

May 14, 2000
    And I am teh brains. Grr. SNAK ATAK!

[face_laugh]

Suddenly I'm a lot less scared.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

6. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    OH yeah?! Well why don't you go ask your frien Darth Dark Helmet what we did to HIM! huh! You;re scared!

Word!

[image=http://www.preacherboy.net/images/blood.jpg]

7. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    :eek:

You will meet teh wrath of Peterson's Pounders! RAH!

8. MrsBibFortuna_Twilek

MrsBibFortuna_Twilek Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    I AM TEH DEELAR1!!11

YUO = TEH PUNDED!1!!!1

9. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    EAT IT GANDOLPH< EAT IT!@

10. McNerf-Burger

McNerf-Burger Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 13, 2000
    Hmmmmmmmm. I think this forum is somewhat of a not so good idea.

11. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    in what way?

12. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Yes, I'll be in there.

And can we keep this on topic guys.

13. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Looks good to me so far :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Ok... well... tha gang had to go to sleep last night. AND GANDOLPH RAN AWAY! HA!

15. Rilina

Rilina Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2000
    Can we get "The Amphitheatre" added to the drop-down menus?

16. Radiohead

Radiohead Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Can we get "The Amphitheatre" added to the drop-down menus?

Yes! Please do this--it would be much more convenient.

17. Rilina

Rilina Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2000
    Also, a lot of people don't come into Communications, so they might not know "The Amphitheatre" exists. I didn't until I came into Communications for a different reason.

18. AmadeusExMachina

AmadeusExMachina Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    Up.....hopefully more people notice that this forum exists now.

19. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    It's expanding as quickly as the Senate did. No worries at all.

Maybe a little faster.

20. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    When will `The Amphitheatre' be added to the drop-down menus? Or am I missing it?

21. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    I'll get that fixed.

22. MushroomHead

MushroomHead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    I was really impressed with the idea with the new forum and as soon as it was open I took th eopportunity to go reading through interesting threads on interesting subjects other than the things in the senate. I went a way for a while to frolic with that tinned meat we know and love as spam in the JCC but when I came back I was shocked to see threads such as, korn, buffy and angel, incubus, I also made one topic of a similar nature when I limited it to comments on "catcher in the rye" a bad choice on my part but at that time there wasn't a place to put it.
    I originally thought the amp was meant as a forum for more general discussion on artsy topics, music/films/books/other with threads like "Horror" or "Fantasy" instead of Stephen king, if you wanted to speak about stephen king then fine but it could be done in a horror thread that would then be able to expand into other forms of horror. The current trend makes the forum look like the AotC forum with plenty of redundant threads due to the same discussion going on in many places at the same time just under different titles.
    The thing is that the topics on individual things already exist in the JCC harrypotter for example, why is a new thread required here, could it not be discussed under fantasy and if not the main fantasy then why not a young fantasy which could also include things such as redwall and narnia threads. Same goes for korn stick it in the JCC or talk in a metal thread.
    Caan't something be done about this, the forum is still in its infancy so any chnages won't be drastic if done now, but if left too long then not much will be possible and too much will be lost, if the board where to be started again, yes we would lose current threads I am a fan of gandys tavern, but there is nothing that could not be said again shortly in a condensed summary if required.
    PLEASE SAVE THE AMPHITHEATRE

23. Gandalf the Grey

May 14, 2000
    I?m going on a Crusade. Every title in the Amphitheatre forum that has ?Appreciation? in the name is getting edited to say ?Discussion.?

I don?t have a problem with people starting threads on individual topics. A Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings thread is fine. I don?t even have a problem if in their depths, guitar or movie or whatever threads happen to have people just straight off listing what their favorite guitarists or directors are, or giving inventories of their equipment or whatever. What I don?t want is a person starting threads that are intended to be fan clubs, or just intended to provide lists of personal preferences.

Threads should be discussion based. That means that differing views are allowed and encouraged. If you don?t like Harry Potter or you don?t like Lord of the Rings, feel free to go into their threads and say exactly why you don?t like them. If I can ever force myself to finish rereading HPATPS, I?m going to be posting a very long and negative critique of the book into that thread myself.

In the JCC or EUM, if people go into a fan club with differing views and are vocal about them, they?re potentially trolling. Not in the Amphitheatre. In the Amphitheatre, they?re only potentially trolling if they don?t back up their opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.