main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Annual Picnic Planning Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    The Annual Picnic will be on August 26, in South Park at the Lebanon Pavillion. This is an all day thing, starting around noon and ending when we all decided to leave (or a monsoon hits, whichever comes first). The picnic is a Family event, so bring along the significant other, the younglings, and/or parental units.

Directions:
    Drive into South Park from Rte 88, onto Corrigan Drive. The Ice Skating Rink will be on your right. Slightly past the Ice Skating Rink, on the left is 100 Acres Drive.

Turn LEFT onto 100 Acres Drive, on your left will be a big building called Silent Brook.

Turn LEFT into Silent Brook's driveway (there will also be a sign for Lebanon). Drive up behind Silent Brook. There will be two pavillions. We are the one that is furthest back, beside the playground.

There will be a raffle. So we'll need raffle items. And bring $5 for the raffle.

The Interclubbal Tourney will be held. Bring $5 for the enterance fee and if you need to learn how to play or just want to sharpen your skills before the Tourney, don't forget we'll be meeting on Aug. 13 (see thread).

The following are the items folks have said they are going to bring. Feel free to add to the list. We don't have a permit for alcohol. That costs extra.

Games -- MomMaster will be bringing Trivia. Fluke will bring SW Cranium. Tradmic will bring pics for a caption contest. Greencat will bring waterballons and another fun activity.

Grill/charcoal -- Stina Cri, Rox
    Paper plates/plastic ware -- TRADMIC
    Napkins/tablecloths -- TRADMIC
    Cups -- TRADMIC
    Coolers with ice -- Rox, BonMothma
    Burgers -- Fluke
    Hot dogs -- Darth Agony
    Buns for burgers and hotdogs -- Ben ethus and Stateless
    Ketchup and mustard and relish -- Rox
    Drinks (non-alcoholic) -- Rox (Pepsi, water), MomMaster (various types of good pop)
    Chips/Pretzels -- TRADMIC
    Side dish #1 -- BonMothma (cottage cheese salad)
    Side dish #2 -- TRADMIC (fruit salad)
    Side dish #3 -- Stina Cri (pasta salad, two types. One for Stacie one for everyone else)
    Cookies -- GoggledKnight
    Fancy cake shaped like some Star Wars item -- Greencat, MomMaster

Random stuff that we forgot -- ZeroCool

2. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    since swap purchased a grill last year, and that grill is currently in my posession perhaps i should bring the grill....

I'll bring some other stuff too, but i need to think on that one for a few days as i'll just be returning to the state a few days prior to that.

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'll be bringing the grill. No charcoal is needed since it will be a propane one. Chris can you make sure there isn't a rule against me bringing it?

I'll also bring a cooler with some pepsi and water in it.

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Whoever brings the grill, be sure to keep with tradition and show up 3 hours late. :D

I'll bring burgers.

5. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003

[face_laugh] Then we'll buy another grill, and continue to do this until everyone has one.

I'll bring another cooler and cottage cheese salad.

6. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    i'll bring the grill i have, and then we'll have two...it's safer that way.

7. killdeer19

killdeer19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2006
    so let's see... that's burger, pop, and 50 grills... LOL

8. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Hmmm, if everyone says they'll bring a grill, then we might actually have one at the start of the picnic. :)

9. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    no because then we'll all just show up three hours late!

10. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    In that case, lets make the official meeting time at 9:00 AM. That way the grills will get there by noon. [face_laugh]

11. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    As long as we are allowed to have a gas grill at the park I will definately have it there.

12. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    I'll bring all the paper stuff - cups, plates, napkins, forks, etc.

I'll be in charge of chips/pretzels/junk food. That's me all the way...

Add to the list a nice big fruit salad I'll make.

:D

13. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Wow! That's lots of stuff. Thanks. [:D]

There isn't any prohibition against gas grills in the list of rules I was given, so it seems that its okay to have a gas grill.

I think I'm going to give the fancy SW cake a try this year. Yeah, me baking. Don't worry, I'm going to get my youngest sister to help. She's a marvelous baker.

14. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003

You've obviously never been to one of our picnics! [face_laugh]

15. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    Actually, I've been researching somthing for the theme cake. If I get the source I need, I may beg to make it. Otherwise, go ahead.

16. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    no, i say bring two cakes.:D =P~

17. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
  18. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    lets just bring two of everything....just don't put the cake in my car....

wait, my car now is better...ok we can put a cake in my car

19. GoggledKnight

GoggledKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    I'll bring the cookies! Mmmm Cookies...

20. Darth_Agony

Darth_Agony Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    Abbey and I can bring hot dogs..

21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I picked up a ketchup mustard and relish picninc pack today at Sam's so you can mark me down for that.

22. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    Ok, I definately want to bring a cake! My plan worked!

23. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    ok, along with the grill i will bring buns and pasta salad because...i always bring pasta salad...and if stacie is ever online and she reads this...let me know if you are coming...i'll make two pasta salads, because last year you weren't happy.

oh yeah, and i may also bring a surprise guest...a blast from the past if you will...if guest decides to come with me, i'm not sure on that one yet.

I'm also definitely gonna try to leave my apartment around 10am too...if anyone on here is awake around 9:00 and has my cell phone number, please please please call me and get my butt outta bed!!!! I will be coming from Indiana, and i dont' want to be that annoying grill person that shows up at 3pm :).i have to unpack and all that....and i won't be back in pittsburgh till the 24th, so i'm moving into my place the 25th, coming to the picnic the 26th and probably starting work again the 27th...fun dontcha think? (then classes start the 28th...)

24. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Tina you really don't have to worry about the grill. I won't be late so that's one less thign you have to worry about forgeting. I replaced the burner on it a few days ago so it's in good working order.

25. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    We're still thinking about what to bring! If you see something needed, let me know.
    (besides cake!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.