main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Anyone see that movie 'Dreamcatcher'?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I rented it and saw it last night. It was okay... I give it a 5 1/2 or 6 out of 10.

2. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    i give it like, 1 billy crystal... it wasn't that great in my humble opinion. i was unhappy with the ending...

3. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    yeah, in the extra features, stephen king pretty much said that he came up with that bathroom scene with Jason Lee, and wrote the rest of the book around it. he wanted that scene to become the new 'psycho shower scene.'

I am thinking he pretty much failed.

4. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    i concur. i thought that scene was pretty funny. the thing tried to crawl up his butthole for crimeney's sake! and it came out of someone else's!! yuk! it's like, retractable poop! ick!

5. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Well the movie sucked like an expensive vaccuum. Not worth even talking about. However, the book I really really enjoyed and was very tense. Pretty much every cool thing about the book was taken out of the movie. In fact, when they say based off of Stephen King's book, I think they're really saying, "It has the same title."

6. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    TERRIBLE TERRIBLE AWFUL MOVIE! I rented it and watched it with Petra, Luminari, and Toku, cause we were in a 'scary movie' mood and we thought 'hey it's stephen king.' then we turned it on and the dumbness ensued. it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life, so bad that I am surprised the actors decided to be in it. If i was an actor I would have read the scrpit, laughed at it, taken a poop, and wiped my butt with the pages of it, just to send it back to the screenwriter and say "thats what I think of this dumb script"

About the only cool things were the way the small creatures looked.. .they were freaky... and the part where the helicopters blew up the aliens that were standing around and they treid to sound all innocent, but then spun away and fled... yeah that was cool...but then the big alien looking thing... dumb.... and the retarded good guy.. dumb.... and morgan freemans eyebrows....dumb... and the final battle between morgan freeman and tom sizemore... DUMB.....

in closing if I never hear "I DUDDIS!" again, I'll live a happier life....

7. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    like i said, only 1 billy crystal.

8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I dudditz!!!!

9. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    It wasnt terrible, but it wasn't good either. Here was the recipe:

Take your ordinary Stephen King formula.

Mix in a little Tom Clancy military drama.

Add a second rate M. Night Shyamalan twist.

Dab with a bit of CGI aliens.

Toss in a few good actors.

Bake for 136 minutes.

I'd give it a 5/10

10. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    5 of 10!!?!?!?!! dude, im sorry....wow. no way.

11. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I agree with you MoronDude....

if by 5/10 points you mean -5,00000000000000000000/10....

seriously!!!....come on!!!!

MR. GAY!!!!!!!

12. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    mr.gay!! mr. gay!!! i duditts!!

totally the worst "horror" movie of all time. not because it was low budget, but because it was dumb...in my humble opinion.

13. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    hear, hear

I concur....

do you concur??

well, yes, he told us what happened on the way in, his leg is broken...

so then you concur??

.....yes....

alright then.

Why didn´t I just concur....

ahhhh....good times....

14. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Come on, you guys are being a bit harsh... the movie wasn't that bad. It stunk, and I'll never watch it again... but you guys are putting it with movies like Scary Movie 2 and Gigli... it aint WATERWORLD bad.

15. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    I'd rather watch waterworld again than this piece of crap... if someone put a gun to my head and said 'watch this piece of crap...er i mean dreamcather' then I guess I would find out what happenes after we die.. cause either he kills me, or he forces me to watch the movie, and I go crazy, take the gun and kill myself anyway.... its terrible....terrible....

16. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    WOW! I guess maybe I don't want to see this movie.

17. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    you might go crazy and kill yourself...it is not for the faint at heart, or the...um...slightly suicidal. in any case, this movie should be avoided at all cost. i repeat, at alllll costs. even it that means eating one of those nasty twinky weeners to avoid it. no, just kidding.

18. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Talon, I may not be able to go to this Saturday's game. Vons has screwed up my schedule, and placed me to work from 2pm to 11pm. I am still trying to find someone to switch with. I'll let you know if it works out and I can come.

If I end up getting stuck with 2pm to 11pm schedule, then I'll come by around 11:30pm to catch the last 30 to 90 minutes of the game.

If I can't make it, I trust you to play my character. I believe you know what my main goals are:

1. To get at least one Lightsaber Crystal(s). (Blue Bladed Crystal(s).)

2. Do not die.

3. Ask myself "Why am I doing this?", just in case something strange happens. I'm sure that Kleff would ask the same thing, and might take action.

4. Check back with the bored techs at the temple.

If any, this will be the only Saturday that I might miss. I'll make sure that they don't schedule me passed 6pm for future Saturdays, so they don't screw up my schedule again. Thanks Talon!

19. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    I think what MR-V1N is trying to say is "Dreamcatcher sucks"

20. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    i got that vibe as well... in the future tho, marv1n, you can just say, "dreamcatcher:the movie" sucks like no ones buisness.

21. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Word

its a lot easier to understand your true motives if you just say it like that instead of speaking code talk

22. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    i concur. from now on, we shall all speak da true meaning of things instead of code talk...who's with me?!?!

23. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    JUT-KOW, MI CON POW. FO LI KONTRALIMON SOW. LEEMON LYMON POOPON NOW.

24. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Never mind Talon, it looks like I'll be able to make it to the game after all! I was able to switch my scheduled time with someone.

25. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Are you saying you actually like Dreamcatcher, then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.